With Paidpiper's new Ok'd app, users can simply snap a picture of an item and ask friends and relatives for funds that will instantly be delivered to their store of choice. PYMNTS.com spoke with Joanna Livadas, VP of operations at Paidpiper, to learn who the company is targeting with their app.
Ben Psillas, EVP, network and financial services at Cardtronics, gives us the scoop on how ATM's are not only supplementing banks but replacing them, and how consumers don't think twice about using them for banking services once typically delivered by their brick-and-mortar predecessors.
The explosive growth in online everything has a darker side ... the hidden charges, recurring payments that won't stop and outright scams that somehow find their way onto credit card and debit card statements. It's a problem that BillGuard is on a mission to stop once and for all.
The Fed made news in 2010 when it released its first report on what the mobile payments ecosystem needed to do to ignite. Two years and five insights later, Karen Webster, MPD CEO, gives you her take on its recently published report on the state of mobile payments and its role in moving the industry forward.
We don't often think of payments cards as flexible tools, but when the right products and features are combined, a single piece of plastic can stay top-of-wallet for quite some time. Blake Rosenthal, group head, product management consumer products at MasterCard, says her company has developed such a solution through its "combo card," which she likened to a Swiss Army Knife for payments. How did consumer demands help to shape the card's creation?
For many, when you think of loyalty or rewards programs, airlines are among the first businesses that come to mind. But since almost every airline has such programs, what loyalty features do they feel lead to the greatest differentiation? PYMNTS.com spoke to one exec who helped build his airline's loyalty program from the ground up, and learned how Loylogic's PointsPay platform ultimately ended up soaring above the rest.
Featured Reports - April
- Visa Names JPMorgan Chase’s Ryan McInerney New President 24 May 2013
- Contactless Conundrums, French Fashion Findings And Checking Up On The U.A.E. 24 May 2013
- Mashreq Mobile Banking Snapps Back With Update 24 May 2013
- Payza Users At Risk From New Citadel Strain 24 May 2013
- WorldPay To Save Merchants 85 Percent On Cross-Border Transfers 24 May 2013
- Fortumo Secures 460 Million New Customers In Telefonica, Telenor Deal 24 May 2013
- Study: Mobile Tech, Payments To Save MENA Firms Trillions 24 May 2013
- Fall Of Snail Mail Continues: 50 Percent Of Bills Paid Through ACH 24 May 2013
- Handpoint Doles Out MPOS Devices To UK Merchants 24 May 2013
- Skrill, Yandex.Money Partner For Russian Commerce 24 May 2013
- Strong Fundamentals Buoy the Prospects of Emerging Market Sovereign Debt Issuers, Says Market Vectors’ Fran Rodilosso 23 May 2013
- Heartbeat Ideas’ Bill Drummy Appointed to Google Healthcare Advisory Board 23 May 2013
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC and Nationstar Capital Corporation Commence Registered Exchange Offers for 9.625% Senior Notes Due 2019, 7.875% Senior Notes Due 2020 and 6.500% Senior Notes Due 2021 23 May 2013
- Demandbase Named to JMP Securities Hot 100 List of Best Privately Held Software Companies 23 May 2013
- Demand Media Promotes Jeff Dossett to Chief Revenue Officer 23 May 2013
- Upcoming Catholic Charities Gala Benefit 2013 Honors Citibank CEO Eugene M. McQuade and Jones Day Managing Partner Stephen J. Brogan 23 May 2013
- Wells Fargo Donates $100,000 for Oklahoma Tornado Victims 23 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Jeopardy meets Amazon Coin? Qranio, a Brazilian learning and payments startup, is offering users virtual currency in exchange for exploring and answering educational content and questions. PYMNTS.com spoke with Samir Iásbeck de Oliveira, CEO and founder of Qranio, to learn where he plans to lead his company.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Today's Top Stories