MasterCard and Samsung revealed a new use case for contactless mobile payments when they announced that Commonwealth Bank of Australia customers would now be able to make payments via the bank's mobile banking app with select Samsung handsets. To unwrap this latest development, what it means for MasterCard, its MasterPass platform and where this solution will appear in Q1 2014, MPD CEO Karen Webster spoke with MasterCard's Mung Ki Woo to learn more.
EMV has long been touted as a superior solution for controlling fraud at the physical point of sale, but critics say that it just moves fraud online where EMV is totally ineffective. However, a new analysis of the EMV migration in the U.K. points to evidence that EMV, in conjunction with 3D Secure, actually did help to reduce both card-present and online fraud in a very material way. Curious to learn more?
Cybercrime has become too costly for online businesses to ignore due to the power and sophistication of the networks that perpetuate it. Now, new research is taking a closer look at the nexus of data breaches and online fraud to paint a clear picture of these criminal organizations and the individual operators along the chain. Who's behind this theft and how can it be prevented? PYMNTS.com breaks down ThreatMetrix's new white paper to reveal.
Traditional advertising and loyalty channels in payments are dying, meeting their demise at the hands of players and platforms that are optimized for the mobile/digital channel and can prove an ROI. These disruptors have the power to persuade consumers to buy without resorting to discounts and deals, welcome news after years of deal and discount fatigue. MPD CEO Karen Webster unwraps the power shift taking place and why payments and commerce platforms are poised to succeed.
With bitcoin now becoming big business, our Bitcoin Bubble Tracker sets out to profile the people and the developments that are building and bursting the bitcoin bubble each week. This week's issue lays out the ups and downs of bitcoin over the last two months.
Calling all Innovators! It's that time of the year ... time to roll out the red carpet for the PYMNTS 2014 Innovator Awards. It's pretty simple: You submit nominations in 16 best-in-class categories, eight top-notch judges will decide the 5 in each category that will compete for your vote to win Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. So, if you're an innovator or know one who deserves this recognition, well what are you waiting for! You've only got a few weeks to make your lists and check them twice!
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- eCommerce Crowns, Twin Loops And The Feel-Good App Of The Season 13 December 2013
- Introducing The What’s Next Power Play™ At The Innovation Project 2014 13 December 2013
- Target Most-Browsed Retailer On Mobile Channel 13 December 2013
- Shopify Raises $100M For Omnichannel Commerce Push 13 December 2013
- Coinbase Raises $25M In Venture Round 13 December 2013
- People’s Bank of China Drafting Mobile Regulations 13 December 2013
- PayPal Partners With Merchants For mPayments Push 13 December 2013
- Raise.com Pulls In $18.1M In New Funding 13 December 2013
- Facebook Heads To The S&P 500 13 December 2013
- EU Parliament: Bank Account Is A Legal Right 13 December 2013
- Pharmacy Times Launches Fall Pharmacy Careers Issue 12 December 2013
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Affirms FREMF Multifamily Mortgage Pass Through Certificates, Series 2012-K23 Ratings 12 December 2013
- Central Payment/SpotOn to Sponsor GLIDE Holiday Program with $60,000 Donation 12 December 2013
- Rising Realty Partners & David Sacks Acquire Historic Office/Retail Site in Old Town Pasadena 12 December 2013
- Independent Bank Corp. Announces Quarterly Dividend 12 December 2013
- Wells Fargo Launches Agreement With Isis 12 December 2013
- Franklin E. Haggas Joins California Bank of Commerce 12 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Jeopardy meets Amazon Coin? Qranio, a Brazilian learning and payments startup, is offering users virtual currency in exchange for exploring and answering educational content and questions. PYMNTS.com spoke with Samir Iásbeck de Oliveira, CEO and founder of Qranio, to learn where he plans to lead his company.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Today's Top Stories
- Pharmacy Times Launches Fall Pharmacy Careers Issue 20 hours ago
- Rising Realty Partners & David Sacks Acquire Historic Office/Retail Site in Old Town Pasadena 20 hours ago
- Central Payment/SpotOn to Sponsor GLIDE Holiday Program with $60,000 Donation 20 hours ago
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Affirms FREMF Multifamily Mortgage Pass Through Certificates, Series 2012-K23 Ratings 20 hours ago
- Independent Bank Corp. Announces Quarterly Dividend 20 hours ago