Inquiring minds want to know: who's going to grab the keys to the kingdom in the land of mobile commerce? CA Technologies SVP of Digital Payments Bill Mann shared his thoughts with PYMNTS.com VEEP Jeff Green recently and some of what he said might surprise you.
How do you know when a cyber criminal is about to strike? By following the breadcrumb trails they leave on their way to the breach. Kount made its business analyzing all of the breadcrumbs that people leave online and via mobile and help companies identify the good ones from the bad ones. Kount CEO Brad Wiskerchen shared how they find and raise those red flags and what they noticed months before the Target breach was publicized that gave them pause in this exclusive interview with MPD CEO Karen Webster.
The security risk inherent from dormant yet activated cards is something issuers have had to deal with for years, and in today's highly visible data-breach environment they can be especially risky. With new controls contained in an API package from TSYS, issuers now can enable cardholders to turn their own cards on and off at will. In a podcast interview with PYMNTS.com Veep Jeff Green, TSYS Group Exec Paul Bridgewater explains the broad benefits available through the Authorization Controls service and how cardholders now have their own card padlock.
Delivering customized offers to consumers is good. But is doing it while they're standing in a store in front of an item? It's too early to know but could be viewed by consumers as intrusive. At least that what FIS's Troy Land, who runs emerging commerce, has concerns over. In this podcast interview with PYMNTS.com's Jeff Green, Land cautions why the banking-technology company is watching beacon carefully while trying to minimize its downside.
How do you separate the fizzles from the fantastic when it comes to sizing up the innovation and innovators in payments? MPD CEO Karen Webster has a checklist of 10 things that she says are evident from looking at some of the innovations that have lasted longer than Free Birds. She breaks it all down, starting with some of the handpicked innovators who'll be struttin' their stuff at The Innovation Project 2014. Read more.
There were big doings in Barcelona this week when the mobile world descended on the city of Tapas to trout out their mobile announcements at the 2014 Mobile World Congress. Lots of big names made lots of big announcements including MasterCard, Samsung, PayPal, VeriFone, Ingenico and ROAM. Here's a little recap of some of the biggest stuff that happened.
- As More Merchants Deal With Breaches, Congress Moves Along Its Own Learning Curve 08 March 2014
- India: The Next Frontier in eCommerce 07 March 2014
- OnDeck To Surpass $1 Billion in Loans to Small Business 07 March 2014
- MeaWallet To Launch Mobile Payments Platform 07 March 2014
- UK Blocks Unlicensed iGaming Operators From Finance Market 07 March 2014
- New Low-Cost ‘Checking’ Option From Bank Of America 07 March 2014
- K-Glass: Korea’s Answer to Google Glass 07 March 2014
- Thank You For Watching These Television Ads 07 March 2014
- Staples To Close 225 Stores As Online Sales Soar 07 March 2014
- Cardinal Commerce eCommerce Technology Granted U.S. Patent 07 March 2014
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
MasterCard and Samsung revealed a new use case for contactless mobile payments when they announced that Commonwealth Bank of Australia customers would now be able to make payments via the bank's mobile banking app with select Samsung handsets. To unwrap this latest development, what it means for MasterCard, its MasterPass platform and where this solution will appear in Q1 2014, MPD CEO Karen Webster spoke with MasterCard's Mung Ki Woo to learn more.
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay Makeover Day 1 day ago
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 1 day ago
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 2 days ago
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 2 days ago
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 2 days ago