With bitcoin now becoming big business, our Bitcoin Bubble Tracker sets out to profile the people and the developments that are building and bursting the bitcoin bubble each week. This week's issue lays out the ups and downs of bitcoin over the last two months.
Calling all Innovators! It's that time of the year ... time to roll out the red carpet for the PYMNTS 2014 Innovator Awards. It's pretty simple: You submit nominations in 16 best-in-class categories, eight top-notch judges will decide the 5 in each category that will compete for your vote to win Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. So, if you're an innovator or know one who deserves this recognition, well what are you waiting for! You've only got a few weeks to make your lists and check them twice!
EMV critics cite too much cost for too little gain as the world moves at mach speed toward digital commerce. But, its advocates are beginning to articulate some of the important benefits that aren't routinely discussed when the topic is raised. Listen in on one such conversation when the VP of Business Development at Gemalto and PYMNTS.com square off on the topic.
It's no secret that healthcare coverage is becoming increasingly costly and complex for employers to provide. But, few employers know that in response, healthcare and financial services are converging in new ways, and that payment cards are poised at the center of this expansion. How can these familiar solutions help employers tackle their emerging healthcare issues in new and effective ways?
Alibaba has spent 20 years building the assets and knowledge base to compete on the global commerce stage. One of those assets, the 800 million Chinese consumers with Alipay accounts could be their ticket to capturing U.S. merchants eager to find new customers. MPD CEO Karen Webster, sizes up this possibility and speculates on how its recent investment in ShopRunner might just give it the platform it needs to ignite that opportunity.
Did you know that Black Friday sales are expected to rise 58 percent compared to last year? That Millennials are nearly four times more likely to shop on Black Friday than baby boomers? If not, stay in the loop with this special holiday edition of Friday Factoids.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Majority Of U.K. Consumers Say Mobile Payments Aren’t Safe 09 December 2013
- Monetate Raises $8M For Customer Targeting 09 December 2013
- Backer of Twitter, Uber Closes $425M Fund 09 December 2013
- Applebee’s Readies Table-Based POS Systems For Primetime 09 December 2013
- Will Tech Giants Disrupt Banking? 09 December 2013
- Experian Taps Former Visa Exec 09 December 2013
- eBay Doubles Mobile Shopping Levels Thanksgiving Weekend 09 December 2013
- Dallas Merchants Opt For Mobile POS 09 December 2013
- Mozido Hires New Chairman, Nets $70M 09 December 2013
- New Bill Payment Portal Gives Banks a Run For the Money 09 December 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Jeopardy meets Amazon Coin? Qranio, a Brazilian learning and payments startup, is offering users virtual currency in exchange for exploring and answering educational content and questions. PYMNTS.com spoke with Samir Iásbeck de Oliveira, CEO and founder of Qranio, to learn where he plans to lead his company.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 19 hours ago
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 19 hours ago
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 19 hours ago
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 19 hours ago
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 19 hours ago