We don't often think of payments cards as flexible tools, but when the right products and features are combined, a single piece of plastic can stay top-of-wallet for quite some time. Blake Rosenthal, group head, product management consumer products at MasterCard, says her company has developed such a solution through its "combo card," which she likened to a Swiss Army Knife for payments. How did consumer demands help to shape the card's creation?
For many, when you think of loyalty or rewards programs, airlines are among the first businesses that come to mind. But since almost every airline has such programs, what loyalty features do they feel lead to the greatest differentiation? PYMNTS.com spoke to one exec who helped build his airline's loyalty program from the ground up, and learned how Loylogic's PointsPay platform ultimately ended up soaring above the rest.
You've heard of the "it" designer bag or the "it" luxury watch, but now there's an "it" credit card, too. That's all thanks to Discover, which launched its new Discover "it" solution earlier this year in response to consumer feedback and a desire to revamp the entire "credit card experience." PYMNTS.com spoke with Julie Loeger, SVP of brand and acquisition at Discover, to get a behind-the-scenes look at how "it" was born at Discover.
In-store retail platform LightSpeed is making a push towards greater payments acceptance today, announcing integration with Merchant Warehouse, Moneris and uDynamo as it releases its iPad 1.4 platform. In this PYMNTS.com exclusive, we spoke with Dax Dasilva, founder and CEO at LightSpeed, to get his take on the new integrations, Canada's unique payments market and why LightSpeed feels it appeals to merchants of all sizes.
According to Malek Mroueh, senior director, regional development Asia, Middle East and Africa at TSYS, branchless banking holds huge potential for the underbanked. PYMNTS.com spoke with Mroueh to discuss his recent "Branchless Banking" white paper, and to learn about different branchless models.
Groupon acquired Breadcrumb in 2012 and ignited a whole lot of mPOS innovation within Groupon's Mobile Group and the hospitality MPOS world at large. But, according to Seth Harris, GM of Breadcrumb POS at Groupon, the platform is just getting started. PYMNTS.com spoke with Harris to learn about the inspiration behind the bar and restaurant-friendly solution, as well hear what, ahem, Breadcrumbs it will be dropping in the mPOS space in the months ahead
Featured Reports - April
- Citi Brazil To Sell Credit Card Business 20 May 2013
- Winklevoss Twins Lead Bitcoin Bandwagon, Invest In BitInstant 20 May 2013
- BitPay Takes The Bait, Grabs $2 Million From Founders Fund 17 May 2013
- Vend Gets $6 Million For Dongle-Based POS Alternative 17 May 2013
- Luvocracy Raises $11 Million For Recommendation-Powered eCommerce 17 May 2013
- Mt. Gox CEO Faces Jail Time Over FinCEN Registration Issue 17 May 2013
- JANA Partners Claims Stakes In Groupon, Zynga 17 May 2013
- Uber Announces Google Wallet Integration 17 May 2013
- eBay Mobile App Overhaul Includes Driver’s License Scanning, Multi-Item Checkout 17 May 2013
- CFPB Revises Remittance Rule, Extends Effective Date 03 May 2013
- Dillard’s, Inc. Holds Annual Meeting of Shareholders 18 May 2013
- Actis Wunderman’s Anya Sverdlov to Head Internet Jury at IDEA! Festival in Russia 17 May 2013
- US Foods Announces Plans to Seek to Refinance Existing Term Loans 17 May 2013
- Fifth Third Bancorp to Present at the 2013 Barclays Capital Americas Select Franchise Conference 17 May 2013
- Ernst & Young Names Borderfree CEO and President Michael Desimone as Finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year® 2013 in New York 17 May 2013
- VendScreen Adds Industry Innovator Jim Brinton to Board of Directors 17 May 2013
- Accenture to Strengthen Digital Marketing and eCommerce Capabilities with Acquisition of Acquity Group 17 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Today's Top Stories