Ben Psillas, EVP, network and financial services at Cardtronics, gives us the scoop on how ATM's are not only supplementing banks but replacing them, and how consumers don't think twice about using them for banking services once typically delivered by their brick-and-mortar predecessors.
The explosive growth in online everything has a darker side ... the hidden charges, recurring payments that won't stop and outright scams that somehow find their way onto credit card and debit card statements. It's a problem that BillGuard is on a mission to stop once and for all.
The Fed made news in 2010 when it released its first report on what the mobile payments ecosystem needed to do to ignite. Two years and five insights later, Karen Webster, MPD CEO, gives you her take on its recently published report on the state of mobile payments and its role in moving the industry forward.
We don't often think of payments cards as flexible tools, but when the right products and features are combined, a single piece of plastic can stay top-of-wallet for quite some time. Blake Rosenthal, group head, product management consumer products at MasterCard, says her company has developed such a solution through its "combo card," which she likened to a Swiss Army Knife for payments. How did consumer demands help to shape the card's creation?
For many, when you think of loyalty or rewards programs, airlines are among the first businesses that come to mind. But since almost every airline has such programs, what loyalty features do they feel lead to the greatest differentiation? PYMNTS.com spoke to one exec who helped build his airline's loyalty program from the ground up, and learned how Loylogic's PointsPay platform ultimately ended up soaring above the rest.
You've heard of the "it" designer bag or the "it" luxury watch, but now there's an "it" credit card, too. That's all thanks to Discover, which launched its new Discover "it" solution earlier this year in response to consumer feedback and a desire to revamp the entire "credit card experience." PYMNTS.com spoke with Julie Loeger, SVP of brand and acquisition at Discover, to get a behind-the-scenes look at how "it" was born at Discover.
Featured Reports - April
- "Indie" eCommerce Company Uncovet Uncovers $1.3 Million In Funding 23 May 2013
- GiftCards.com Goes Mobile With Giftly Acquisition 23 May 2013
- Report: One-Third Of Retailers Say No To MPOS 23 May 2013
- JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon Retains Control After Shareholder Vote 23 May 2013
- Asia's Answer To Zappos Raises $100 Million From Rocket Internet 23 May 2013
- Alibaba Partners With Qihoo 360 To Best Rival Baidu 23 May 2013
- UK Consumers Are Desperate For Cash 23 May 2013
- Clear2Pay, Commerzbank Renew Payments Partnership 23 May 2013
- Report: One-In-Five UK Consumers Will Switch Bank Accounts 23 May 2013
- U.A.E. Installs Prepaid Card Vending Machine-Like Kiosk 23 May 2013
- I Love Velvet Enters Asia Market to Offer Retailers Industry’s Most Secure MPOS Solution 22 May 2013
- Oaktree Capital Group, LLC Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Class A Units 22 May 2013
- Wells Fargo Advantage Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly and Quarterly Dividends 22 May 2013
- geo.to Announces New GeoSite Services to Mobilize Locations 22 May 2013
- ORBCOMM Wins 2013 CTIA E-Tech Award 22 May 2013
- NetSpend Holdings, Inc. Announces Order 22 May 2013
- Wells Fargo to Participate in the Deutsche Bank dbAccess Global Financial Services Investor Conference 22 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Jeopardy meets Amazon Coin? Qranio, a Brazilian learning and payments startup, is offering users virtual currency in exchange for exploring and answering educational content and questions. PYMNTS.com spoke with Samir Iásbeck de Oliveira, CEO and founder of Qranio, to learn where he plans to lead his company.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today's Top Stories