In a prior life, Remitly co-founder and CEO Matt Oppenheimer spent lots of time in Kenya, working for a firm that was part of the mPesa ecosystem. He was also a user of its services. He's leveraged those two experiences to create and launch something new and different, and, as he tells Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster, better. Hear why he thinks Remitly is the breakthrough company in the ever-growing global P2P pack.
Who spent their weekend refreshing their memories on Porter's Five Forces framework so that youcould ask him intelligent questions at The Innovation Project next week? Relax. Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster did the heavy lifting for you and puts the evolution of payments into the five forces framework. Some cool insights await.
Inquiring minds want to know: who's going to grab the keys to the kingdom in the land of mobile commerce? CA Technologies SVP of Digital Payments Bill Mann shared his thoughts with PYMNTS.com VEEP Jeff Green recently and some of what he said might surprise you.
How do you know when a cyber criminal is about to strike? By following the breadcrumb trails they leave on their way to the breach. Kount made its business analyzing all of the breadcrumbs that people leave online and via mobile and help companies identify the good ones from the bad ones. Kount CEO Brad Wiskerchen shared how they find and raise those red flags and what they noticed months before the Target breach was publicized that gave them pause in this exclusive interview with MPD CEO Karen Webster.
The security risk inherent from dormant yet activated cards is something issuers have had to deal with for years, and in today's highly visible data-breach environment they can be especially risky. With new controls contained in an API package from TSYS, issuers now can enable cardholders to turn their own cards on and off at will. In a podcast interview with PYMNTS.com Veep Jeff Green, TSYS Group Exec Paul Bridgewater explains the broad benefits available through the Authorization Controls service and how cardholders now have their own card padlock.
Delivering customized offers to consumers is good. But is doing it while they're standing in a store in front of an item? It's too early to know but could be viewed by consumers as intrusive. At least that what FIS's Troy Land, who runs emerging commerce, has concerns over. In this podcast interview with PYMNTS.com's Jeff Green, Land cautions why the banking-technology company is watching beacon carefully while trying to minimize its downside.
- How Sweet It Is: Magnolia Bakery Offer Loyalty and Payment App 12 March 2014
- Competition In The Remittance Market Heats Up With the Injection of VC Funds 12 March 2014
- Chinese Tech Firms Issuing Virtual Credit Cards 12 March 2014
- Philippines Bank Rings Bitcoin Alarm 12 March 2014
- Secure Those Cards: Prof Prints Encrypted Data In Credit Card 12 March 2014
- Moven Rolls Out Its Mobile Banking App 12 March 2014
- EMVCo Publishes Tokenization Framework Specs 12 March 2014
- Seamless Mobile Wallet SEQR Receives Significant Patent 12 March 2014
- Former eBay Lobbyist Joins Bitcoin Foundation As Policy Counsel 12 March 2014
- Survey: Ecommerce Users Spend Double 12 March 2014
- Caesars Entertainment Expands Deployment of Agilysys InfoGenesis™ POS System to All of Its U.S. Properties 12 March 2014
- TIM Group Announces Top Performing Brokerage Firms and Salespeople in Europe 12 March 2014
- Competitor Group Announces New CEO and Executive Appointments 12 March 2014
- Wells Fargo Leads a £150 Million Facility for Legal & General Property’s Second UK Property Income Fund 12 March 2014
- Starbucks Accelerates Mobile Payment Leadership with Release of Enhanced Starbucks App for iPhone 11 March 2014
- WorldRemit scoops $40 million investment from Accel Partners 11 March 2014
- TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of Option to Purchase Additional Shares 11 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
MasterCard and Samsung revealed a new use case for contactless mobile payments when they announced that Commonwealth Bank of Australia customers would now be able to make payments via the bank's mobile banking app with select Samsung handsets. To unwrap this latest development, what it means for MasterCard, its MasterPass platform and where this solution will appear in Q1 2014, MPD CEO Karen Webster spoke with MasterCard's Mung Ki Woo to learn more.
- TIM Group Announces Top Performing Brokerage Firms and Salespeople in Europe 7 hours ago
- Competitor Group Announces New CEO and Executive Appointments 7 hours ago
- Wells Fargo Leads a 150 Million Facility for Legal & General Propertys Second UK Property Income Fund 7 hours ago
- Starbucks Accelerates Mobile Payment Leadership with Release of Enhanced Starbucks App for iPhone 1 day ago
- WorldRemit scoops $40 million investment from Accel Partners 1 day ago