EMV has long been touted as a superior solution for controlling fraud at the physical point of sale, but critics say that it just moves fraud online where EMV is totally ineffective. However, a new analysis of the EMV migration in the U.K. points to evidence that EMV, in conjunction with 3D Secure, actually did help to reduce both card-present and online fraud in a very material way. Curious to learn more?
Cybercrime has become too costly for online businesses to ignore due to the power and sophistication of the networks that perpetuate it. Now, new research is taking a closer look at the nexus of data breaches and online fraud to paint a clear picture of these criminal organizations and the individual operators along the chain. Who's behind this theft and how can it be prevented? PYMNTS.com breaks down ThreatMetrix's new white paper to reveal.
Traditional advertising and loyalty channels in payments are dying, meeting their demise at the hands of players and platforms that are optimized for the mobile/digital channel and can prove an ROI. These disruptors have the power to persuade consumers to buy without resorting to discounts and deals, welcome news after years of deal and discount fatigue. MPD CEO Karen Webster unwraps the power shift taking place and why payments and commerce platforms are poised to succeed.
With bitcoin now becoming big business, our Bitcoin Bubble Tracker sets out to profile the people and the developments that are building and bursting the bitcoin bubble each week. This week's issue lays out the ups and downs of bitcoin over the last two months.
Calling all Innovators! It's that time of the year ... time to roll out the red carpet for the PYMNTS 2014 Innovator Awards. It's pretty simple: You submit nominations in 16 best-in-class categories, eight top-notch judges will decide the 5 in each category that will compete for your vote to win Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. So, if you're an innovator or know one who deserves this recognition, well what are you waiting for! You've only got a few weeks to make your lists and check them twice!
EMV critics cite too much cost for too little gain as the world moves at mach speed toward digital commerce. But, its advocates are beginning to articulate some of the important benefits that aren't routinely discussed when the topic is raised. Listen in on one such conversation when the VP of Business Development at Gemalto and PYMNTS.com square off on the topic.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- GE's CareCredit Hit With $34M CFPB Fine 11 December 2013
- Debit Card Regs Boost Free Checking Access, KC Fed Finds 11 December 2013
- PayPal Backs Bitcoins, NFC Not So Much 10 December 2013
- 11 Clouds A ‘Changin’ (Payments) 11 December 2013
- Toot Your Own Horn, And Submit YOUR Nomination Today For The 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Awards! Response Has Been Overwhelming… 11 December 2013
- What's A Banker To Do? 28 October 2013
- Switzerland Vote Could Label Bitcoin A Legal Currency 10 December 2013
- Uber Could One Day Rival Facebook, Amazon 11 December 2013
- USA Technologies Launches Isis mWallet Promo 10 December 2013
- Mobile Banking A Must For Young Consumers 10 December 2013
- Favado Consumer Survey Reveals More Spending During the Holidays, But More Savings in 2014 11 December 2013
- Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award Honors DocuSign as a Best Place to Work 11 December 2013
- UBS Launches Exchange-Traded Note with Significant Monthly Income Potential and 2x Leveraged Exposure to a Closed-End Fund Index 11 December 2013
- Box Leads Enterprise IT Transformation with New Products, Partners, Services 11 December 2013
- Citi Named 'Best Bank of the Year' by Futures and Options World 11 December 2013
- Open Market Flexibility For ATM Routing Choices Imperative For EMV Migration 11 December 2013
- MyHeritage Launches Major Family History Initiative in the Nordic Countries 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Jeopardy meets Amazon Coin? Qranio, a Brazilian learning and payments startup, is offering users virtual currency in exchange for exploring and answering educational content and questions. PYMNTS.com spoke with Samir Iásbeck de Oliveira, CEO and founder of Qranio, to learn where he plans to lead his company.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories
- Citi Named 'Best Bank of the Year' by Futures and Options World 4 hours ago
- Open Market Flexibility For ATM Routing Choices Imperative For EMV Migration 4 hours ago
- MyHeritage Launches Major Family History Initiative in the Nordic Countries 4 hours ago
- Wells Fargo/Gallup: Investor Optimism Slips in Fourth Quarter Due to Concerns Over Economy 4 hours ago
- Think Finance Survey Finds More Than Four in Ten Americans Want to Skip the Holidays Due to Financial Pressure 4 hours ago