A new report shows that consumers are craving ways to expedite the shopping experience and want to use mobile wallets for more than just payments. How can retailers take advantage of this mobile opportunity with integrated services?
Loyalty programs have dual importance as they help merchants collect consumer data while also rewarding shoppers with special offers. But despite their perceived popularity, a new report from WorldPay indicates that 8 million UK shoppers use their cards less frequently than they did a year ago. Why are consumers unhappy with loyalty programs and what did they said would make them more valuable?
The UK Payments Council is looking into their crystal ball to predict how consumers will make payments over the next 10 years. What were the key statistics in the report, which payment methods are predicted to die off, and which payment tools are expected to dominate the market?
Think you've got your strategic planning bases covered for 2014? Think again, unless you've taken stock of the six mega forces in payments that will determine your future. As the saying goes, you can lead, follow or get shut out altogether - and tomorrow's leaders won't necessarily be those who got us this far. Oh, and guess what? The future of payments isn't about payments at all. To see if you're ready, or more importantly, if you've got what it takes to succeed, check out Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster's take on the future of an industry on the cusp of enormous change.
Online payment processor Stripe announced its latest launch last week when it began serving the United Kingdom. Despite the new challenges the market could bring, Stripe has already overhauled its service for European consumers, and said it aims to triple its presence in Europe by 2014. Where is Stripe planning on expanding to next?
The European eCommerce announced it has cleared a new eCommerce venture between Telefonica, CaixaBank and Banco Santander. The venture is set to develop a digital wallet, digital advertising and data analytics. What did the EC need to investigate before approving this venture, and how will this affect competition?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Cyber Crime Originates In Europe: Statistics And Trends Report 23 September 2013
- Middle East Report: The Importance of Customer Retention 23 September 2013
- Can French Consumers Let Go Of Traditional Shopping Habits? 11 September 2013
- Disloyal Brits And Bitcoin-Friendly Germans 23 August 2013
- Study: Online Banking Poised To Blossom In The Gulf 23 August 2013
- European Merchants’ Most Pressing Payments Challenges 22 August 2013
- UK Customers Lose Interest In Loyalty Cards 22 August 2013
- Wells Fargo Named Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality 09 December 2013
- The Holidays Are Filled with Love and Cheer, but Will Government Frustration Cause Americans to Jeer? 09 December 2013
- Huntington Bank Elevates Corporate Support for LGBT Equality to Achieve Perfect HRC Rating 09 December 2013
- Sallie Mae Offers Lower Rates on Post-Graduate Loans 09 December 2013
- Merrill Lynch Study Debunks Myth of Gender-based Differences in Investing Behavior 09 December 2013
- Fiserv Launches Next Generation of Financial Crime Risk Management Platform 09 December 2013
- Barnes & Noble and Microsoft Announce Exclusive NOOK® for Windows 8.1 Offer: Customers in Spain Get Free NOOK Books® and Magazines with Download of NOOK App for Windows 8.1 09 December 2013
- View More Headlines >