The Government Accountability Office has released a new report titled: "Automated Teller Machines: Some Consumer Fees Have Increased," which details how surcharge fees have risen steadily over the past six years. How have foreign fees remained to stay constant, and what type of FI charges the most?
The ATM and prepaid industries are two of the most-used and most convenient segments in the payments world, yet it's rare that the two intersect during a consumer's experience. PYMNTS.com spoke to Todd Nuttall, CEO of Better ATM Services, about his company's recent study on the convergence of prepaid and ATMs, and how we can expect the two industries to coexist in the future. What percentage of ATM users get their prepaid cards from other venues?
An ATM machine that dispenses water? Introducing the revolutionary idea from Sarvajal that's already helping people in rural India, and which has the potential to do much more. How do the machines work, and what's the concept behind their design?
Brooklyn-based startup MyFreeATM is bringing an exciting new idea to the ATM industry - replacing transaction fees with advertising could appeal to millions of consumers. With the launch of seven new ad-based ATMs in the Barclays Center today, we take a look at how this fee alternative could revolutionize your ATM experience. Read More
In fact, the manufacturer isn't even calling it an ATM - instead, it's a Retail Teller Machine, or RTM. The big difference is impossible to miss: RTMs don't dispense any cash. Read More
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Mobile To Displace Deposit Automation As Driving ATM Force 28 June 2013
- China UnionPay Heads Down Under Through Commonwealth Partnership 30 May 2013
- Report: China To Unseat U.S. As Largest ATM Market 22 May 2013
- ANZ Uses NCR ATMs To Cut Transaction Times 08 May 2013
- Cardtronics Purchases Assets From Aptus Financial 06 May 2013
- Diebold Cuts 700 Jobs Amid Q1 Losses 02 May 2013
- Cardtronics, Scotiabank Expand Mexican ATM Portfolio 04 April 2013
- Carlsbad Desalination Project is Named “Deal of the Year” by The Bond Buyer 05 December 2013
- Pacific & Western Credit Corp. (operating as PWC Capital) Announces Results for Its Fourth Quarter Ended October 31, 2013 05 December 2013
- Pacific & Western Bank of Canada Announces Results for Its Fourth Quarter Ended October 31, 2013 05 December 2013
- A.M. Best Upgrades Issuer Credit Rating of Citizens Security Life Insurance Company 05 December 2013
- Calpian Inc. Mentioned in New York Times Article on Mobile Payments 05 December 2013
- ChannelAdvisor Hosts Webinar to Explore E-Commerce Expansion into Latin America through the MercadoLibre Marketplace 05 December 2013
- PCI Gaming Opening New Casino-Resort; Launches Campaign Targeting Atlanta 05 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Today's Top Stories