Mobile point-of-sale may seem like a relatively new solution to FIs, but the latest research from the Money Forum lays bare the hidden dangers behind this viewpoint. By failing to act and capture the market, Mobey predicts FIs could be reduced to infrastructure providers, losing out on the benefits of the value-added data mPOS can provide. What steps should FIs take to ensure this future doesn't come to pass?
Take a look around the department store today and you'll see more than tremendous Black Friday crowds, you'll see mPOS solutions from major providers such as Square, PayPal and more. But, one thing you won't see on these machines is any FI branding. Why should FIs look to correct this come next year so Black Friday can boost their bottom line?
Not many FIs are feeling confident about their position in the SMB market - in fact, only one in three report this sentiment. But, this concern may not match the reality. How could mobile point-of-sale, the popular SMB payment acceptance alternative, play a role in helping FIs recover this revenue and recapture this market share?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Can mPOS Move the Revenue Needle for FIs? 08 November 2013
- Square Talks IPO With Big Banks 07 November 2013
- The Biggest mPOS Surprises Of 2013 25 July 2013
- Groupon Updates Breadcrumb POS 24 July 2013
- Ingenico, Nets To Launch mPOS For SMBs 27 June 2013
- Build Vs. Buy: The MPOS Conundrum 19 June 2013
- CardFlight Enters Card Reader Market With Stripe Integration 09 May 2013
- MyHeritage Launches Major Family History Initiative in the Nordic Countries 11 December 2013
- Wells Fargo/Gallup: Investor Optimism Slips in Fourth Quarter Due to Concerns Over Economy 11 December 2013
- Think Finance Survey Finds More Than Four in Ten Americans Want to Skip the Holidays Due to Financial Pressure 11 December 2013
- Telecure Provides Free Urgent Care Services Available for All California Residents, Just by Tweeting 11 December 2013
- LLBH Private Wealth Management Promotes Michael Kazakewich to Partner 11 December 2013
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires 11 December 2013
- TSYS Releases Importance of 3D Secure with EMV 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories