There was a pot of gold at the end of that e-commerce rainbow last week when ridesharing startup Lyft, which is known for its iconic fuzzy pink mustaches, and Slyce, which has developed a platform that simplifies mobile shopping through point and click, scored big. See who else saw the money last week in our Startup Roundup.
Several payments startups that take the friction out of everyday activities like letting users split their tabs at bars (Dash) and finding urban parking - and paying for it - a breeze (Pango) highlight this week's Startup Roundup.
Venture funds showed a keen interest in consumer services over the past week. Among the startups receiving funding were Outfittery, a curated shopping service based in Germany that specializes in men's fashion, and RocksBox, a subscription-based service that acts like the Netflix of jewelry.
The amount of time that people spend on their mobile phones is directly proportional to the number of mobile players that receive funding for that "next big thing." Last week we saw quite a few pocket a few cool funding rounds, including BloomThat, a digital flower delivery business (just in time for Valentine's Day) and Donde, a mobile-based product-and brand-locator service.
Consumer-oriented services such as loyalty and gifting apps were among those to whom venture capitalists gave the most attention in the past week. These include Red Zebra, a loyalty app that syncs with a user's bank account to shape rewards based on spending habits, and Yiftee, a gifting app with a focus on local eCommerce.
Venture capital funds are betting big on up-and-coming digital services that appeal to consumers. At the top of the list is PricePanda, a price-comparison website that's aiming at an expansion in Southeast Asia, and Jelly, a crowdsourcing search engine established by Twitter co-founder Biz Stone.
- E-commerce Startups Score Funding Successes 11 March 2014
- Store Shelves That Talk To Your Phone: Cool or Creepy? 10 March 2014
- Nasty Gal Moving From Online to “Real World 10 March 2014
- Lyft Going after $150 Million in Series D Financing 10 March 2014
- A Look At How E-Payments Got To Where It Is Today 10 March 2014
- Visa’s Pollitt: Regulatory Focus Globally Centered On Two Key Issues 10 March 2014
- India: The Next Frontier in eCommerce 07 March 2014
- WorldRemit scoops $40 million investment from Accel Partners 11 March 2014
- TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of Option to Purchase Additional Shares 11 March 2014
- Introducing ChannelAdvisor Digital Marketing: A Retail-Focused Answer to the Complicated World of Online Advertising 11 March 2014
- ChannelAdvisor Integrates with Alibaba Group’s Tmall.com Platform, Opens New Cross-Border Trade Route 11 March 2014
- Papa Murphy’s Holdings, Inc. Announces Filing of Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering 11 March 2014
- Kirby McInerney LLP Files Lawsuit Alleging Five Banks Fixed Gold Benchmark 11 March 2014
- Vistaprint to Present at the 2014 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Smid Conference 11 March 2014
- View More Headlines >