It's not the first thing that comes to mind when most think of mobile payments, but Direct Carrier Billing's ability to reach billions of cardless consumers makes it an intriguing part of the mPayments ecosystem. At Mobile World Congress last week, PYMNTS.com spoke with Gerry Kodres, VP of business development at Fortumo, to gain an inside look at what the DCB industry is all about.
What are the biggest obstacles to overcome when bringing mobile payments to the unbanked and underbanked? It's a difficult question, but one that seven different panelists tried to tackle during the Latin American and African/Middle Eastern seminars at MasterCard's Mobile World Symposium at Mobile World Congress. What did the panelists believe was the best method of education, and what's truly at stake for a population that's never experienced financial inclusion before?
Near Field Communication or Not For Commerce? The second and "alternate" acronym behind NFC sparked some great debate during the North American session of MasterCard's Mobile World Symposium at Mobile World Congress 2013. What's the best argument for NFC from those who are invested in the technology, and why does one major issuer retain some skepticism?
The pace of breaking news may have slowed during the last day of Mobile World Congress, but there were still plenty of companies to catch up with and seminars to attend as the world's largest mobile meeting came to an end. Why are some people labeling Mobeam as one of the conference's most innovative payments companies, and how do some of the world's leading mPayments minds view the difference between developed and emerging markets?
The spotlight continued to shine on mobile wallets on Day Three of Mobile World Congress, as countless competitors seek to form the mobile app platform that will win consumers' hearts. Companies are also focusing on the retail revolution, as SMS offerings, augmented reality and "evergreen" offers come into play for AT&T, Blippar and Groupon, respectively. Plus, which new markets is MasterCard targeting with its prepaid partnerships?
MasterCard's much-anticipated Mobile World Symposium drew significant interest at Mobile World Congress yesterday, as payments leaders and innovators from all regions of the globe convened to discuss and debate many of the industry's most pressing and popular topics.
- Fortumo Brings Direct Carrier Billing To Emerging Markets 07 March 2013
- MWC 2013: Mobile Money And The Underbanked 07 March 2013
- MWC 2013: Does NFC Mean "Not For Commerce"? 06 March 2013
- MWC Day Four: Mobeam, Mobile Money And Wrapping Up 01 March 2013
- MWC Day Three: Gemalto’s New Wallet And Retail Realism 28 February 2013
- MasterCard’s Mobile World Symposium: mPayments Around The Globe 27 February 2013
- MasterCard Focuses On Mobile, Prepaid And International Growth 27 February 2013
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is America’s #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories