Retail operations may be poorly designed for daily deals, a new study suggests.
In a survey conducted by Rice University’s Utpal Dholakia, only about half of the retailers that ran daily deals turned a profit, compared to 61.5 percent of all 641 small and medium-sized merchants studied.
Two industries fared much better than the average in terms of profitability: photography, where 75 percent of the businesses studied turned a profit, and tourism services, which saw a 68 percent rate.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Baidu Finalizes Group Buying Play 27 August 2013
- Crowdfunding On The Upswing With 1 Million Successful 2012 Campaigns 09 April 2013
- Ecwid Launches E-Commerce Store Builder in Brazil 12 December 2013
- Perella Weinberg Partners Asset Based Value Strategy Announces Sale of Flagship Rail Services to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation 12 December 2013
- Amazon Wine Announces 1¢ Shipping in Time for the Holiday Season 12 December 2013
- Case Closed: New Report Shows Consumers Have More Choices for Free Checking After Debit Reform 11 December 2013
- Anil Varghese Joins Targetbase as Chief Security Officer; Continues Targetbase’s Commitment to Information Security 11 December 2013
- Hyatt Honored as One of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2014 by Glassdoor in Annual Employees’ Choice Awards 11 December 2013
- Sound Shore Management, Inc. Introduces Institutional Class of the Sound Shore Fund 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories