Twitter took a big step forward in the social commerce department yesterday, announcing three new Card options that promise to attract more eCommerce hopefuls to advertise on its sight. What are the features of Twitter's new App, Product and Gallery cards, and who are its initial partners?
Facebook is taking another stab at entering the physical gift card foray, launching Facebook Card: a prepaid card linked to your Facebook account that lets others gift you money to specific stores. Will this platform finally let Facebook break into the physical retail industry in a meaningful way?
"We're the only company truly doing social commerce." That's the bold comment made by Chris Teso, CEO of Chirpify, amid the news that his company can now integrate in-stream payments with Instagram as well as Twitter. PYMNTS.com spoke with Teso to discuss his statement, why Instagram was an attractive next target for his company, and why redirects in social commerce may soon be a thing of the past.
Ubokia, an eCommerce startup looking to change the traditional relationship between buyer and seller, made major headlines recently by launching its Pinterest-targeted "Want It" online button. PYMNTS.com spoke with Matt Pine, Ubokia's VP of Marketing, to discuss "consumer empowerment," the future of the eCommerce industry, and what bringing Pinterest into the eCommerce world means for online shoppers. Listen Here
PYMNTS.com recently chatted with Rhode Island entrepreneur Barry Hinckley, who is running for a seat in the U.S. Senate and is the first to adopt ROAMpay's mCommerce card acceptance solution in a national political campaign. Read More
It seems there's a new company, application, or special feature making its debut in the world of mobile commerce every day. But some old dogs have been learning new tricks in the meantime. Foursquare is one example of a platform adding new features - and gaining users. Read More
Featured Reports - April
- Luvocracy Raises $11 Million For Recommendation-Powered eCommerce 17 May 2013
- Alibaba Buys 18 Percent Stake In “China’s Twitter” Weibo 30 April 2013
- Chirpify Nabs $2 Million, Adds Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne To Enterprise Customers 25 April 2013
- Virtual Helping Hands Raise More Than $1M For Boston Marathon Victims 20 April 2013
- Twitter Shuts Down Payments Service Flattr 17 April 2013
- Twitter Shuts Down Ribbon’s In-Stream Commerce Option Right After Launch 11 April 2013
- Will Twitter Cards Come Up Aces For eCommerce? 04 April 2013
- Fitch Affirms Lorillard's Ratings at 'BBB/F2' 22 May 2013
- Research and Markets: Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 22 May 2013
- Wall Street Webcasting Presents Wells Fargo Securities: The “Great Rotation” 22 May 2013
- Sears Recognizes Consumer Cellular for Outstanding Performance in Consumer Electronics Category 22 May 2013
- EdgeCast Launches The World’s Only Dedicated eCommerce Acceleration Network 22 May 2013
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® Report Finds One in Four Americans Could Be Excluded from ACA Health Coverage 22 May 2013
- Russell Reynolds Associates’ Study Finds Digital Experience a Critical Need at Board Level Worldwide 22 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today's Top Stories