Twitter took a big step forward in the social commerce department yesterday, announcing three new Card options that promise to attract more eCommerce hopefuls to advertise on its sight. What are the features of Twitter's new App, Product and Gallery cards, and who are its initial partners?
Facebook is taking another stab at entering the physical gift card foray, launching Facebook Card: a prepaid card linked to your Facebook account that lets others gift you money to specific stores. Will this platform finally let Facebook break into the physical retail industry in a meaningful way?
"We're the only company truly doing social commerce." That's the bold comment made by Chris Teso, CEO of Chirpify, amid the news that his company can now integrate in-stream payments with Instagram as well as Twitter. PYMNTS.com spoke with Teso to discuss his statement, why Instagram was an attractive next target for his company, and why redirects in social commerce may soon be a thing of the past.
Ubokia, an eCommerce startup looking to change the traditional relationship between buyer and seller, made major headlines recently by launching its Pinterest-targeted "Want It" online button. PYMNTS.com spoke with Matt Pine, Ubokia's VP of Marketing, to discuss "consumer empowerment," the future of the eCommerce industry, and what bringing Pinterest into the eCommerce world means for online shoppers. Listen Here
PYMNTS.com recently chatted with Rhode Island entrepreneur Barry Hinckley, who is running for a seat in the U.S. Senate and is the first to adopt ROAMpay's mCommerce card acceptance solution in a national political campaign. Read More
It seems there's a new company, application, or special feature making its debut in the world of mobile commerce every day. But some old dogs have been learning new tricks in the meantime. Foursquare is one example of a platform adding new features - and gaining users. Read More
- Twitter Secures IBM Patents, Cross-Licensing Agreement 03 February 2014
- Hongbao Gift App Is The Darling Of Chinese New Year 31 January 2014
- Mobile Ad Growth Spurs Facebook Q4 Earnings 30 January 2014
- Twitter, Stripe Close To eCommerce Deal 17 January 2014
- Western Union and Kimbia: Making Fundraising Simpler 16 January 2014
- WePay’s $15 Million In New Funding All About Its API 16 January 2014
- Just How Much Is A Twitter Follower Worth? 15 January 2014
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories