Twitter took a big step forward in the social commerce department yesterday, announcing three new Card options that promise to attract more eCommerce hopefuls to advertise on its sight. What are the features of Twitter's new App, Product and Gallery cards, and who are its initial partners?
Facebook is taking another stab at entering the physical gift card foray, launching Facebook Card: a prepaid card linked to your Facebook account that lets others gift you money to specific stores. Will this platform finally let Facebook break into the physical retail industry in a meaningful way?
"We're the only company truly doing social commerce." That's the bold comment made by Chris Teso, CEO of Chirpify, amid the news that his company can now integrate in-stream payments with Instagram as well as Twitter. PYMNTS.com spoke with Teso to discuss his statement, why Instagram was an attractive next target for his company, and why redirects in social commerce may soon be a thing of the past.
Ubokia, an eCommerce startup looking to change the traditional relationship between buyer and seller, made major headlines recently by launching its Pinterest-targeted "Want It" online button. PYMNTS.com spoke with Matt Pine, Ubokia's VP of Marketing, to discuss "consumer empowerment," the future of the eCommerce industry, and what bringing Pinterest into the eCommerce world means for online shoppers. Listen Here
PYMNTS.com recently chatted with Rhode Island entrepreneur Barry Hinckley, who is running for a seat in the U.S. Senate and is the first to adopt ROAMpay's mCommerce card acceptance solution in a national political campaign. Read More
It seems there's a new company, application, or special feature making its debut in the world of mobile commerce every day. But some old dogs have been learning new tricks in the meantime. Foursquare is one example of a platform adding new features - and gaining users. Read More
Featured Reports - April
- Study: B2C eCommerce Increases 20 Percent Per Year 19 June 2013
- TippingCircle Debuts Social Payments For Good Samaritans 18 June 2013
- Fancy Focuses On International Expansion 14 June 2013
- Wrapp Ties Up $15 Million 14 June 2013
- Twitter, Chase Offer $1M To Help SMBs 13 June 2013
- Chirpify Pushes PayPal Aside For Direct Payments Processing 12 June 2013
- Facebook Marketer Betapond Claims $2.5 Million In New Funding Round 24 May 2013
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Names Dinesh C. Paliwal to Board of Directors 19 June 2013
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated to Announce 2013 Second Quarter Earnings and Hold Earnings Conference Call July 18, 2013 19 June 2013
- A.M. Best Withdraws Ratings of BridgeSpan Health Company 19 June 2013
- Paychex Announces Health Care Reform Solutions and Resources to Help Ease the Burden on America’s Businesses 19 June 2013
- Chase-Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce Survey: Seattle Area Small Business Owners Significantly More Positive About Their Local Economy Than Small Business Owners Nationwide 19 June 2013
- Orchard Supply Hardware Receives Approval of First Day Motions Ensuring Business Continuity Throughout Its Restructuring and Sale Process 19 June 2013
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Assigns Final Ratings to FREMF 2013-K713 and Freddie Mac Structured Pass-Through Certificates 19 June 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Today's Top Stories