ROAM CEO Ken Paull was one of six payments executives who took the stage with Eric Ries at IP2013, debating how Lean Startup's principle apply to payments, and the role of senior leadership in payments innovation. What did Paull think of Ries' conclusion that management can often stifle some of a company's best ideas? PYMNTS.com spoke with Paull to find out.
What are the key philosophical and practical pillars of payments innovation? That's the question that PayPal's Don Kingsborough, economist and author Steve Levitt (Freakonomics), and others aimed to tackle during the second panel at The Innovation Project 2013. Where do Home Depot, Kohl's, MasterCard and others align with their views, and where do they disagree?
The Innovation Project™ 2013 was an amazing experience from beginning to end. We set out to facilitate a series of C-level-to-C-level conversations about payments and commerce that went beyond the usual conference patter to the essence of the struggles and opportunities that executives deal with every day as they are trying to (excuse the terrible cliché) change the tires on a racecar moving 150 miles an hour. There's a lot to share so we decided to tease a few of MPD CEO Karen Webster's key takeaways - more to come this week!
We are excited to reveal the list of winners for the 2013 PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards. Winners were chosen across sixteen categories by a panel of judges with deep and practical expertise in payments and payments innovation. The top finalists in each category were given an award at the PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards Dinner held this year on March 21, 2013 at Annenberg Hall on the Harvard University Campus as part of The Innovation Project.
See the results!
The first day of The Innovation Project™ 2013 is in the books, and we're left with no shortage of quotes and takeaways from some of payments' leading minds. What major announcement did Western Union make at the conference, and how does Al Gore view the mobile payments phenomenon? Plus, why did CSI walk away with the highest score at Russell Simmons' Ultimate Entrepreneur Challenge?
A video interview with Warren Buffett on the power of innovation has officially launched the start of the PYMNTS.com's The Innovation Project™ 2013, a two-day program to challenge the way the payments and its broader commerce ecosystem thinks, talks, delivers and ignites innovation. Buffett sat down with Business Wire CEO Cathy Baron Tamraz and offered his view on the current landscape of the payments industry and his optimism for the economic future in his keynote introduction to the program, held at Harvard University.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- ‘Tis the Season ... To Nominate Your Favorite Innovator! Awards Season is Here! 05 December 2013
- ROAM CEO On Encouraging Innovation From All Employees 03 April 2013
- Levitt, Kingsborough And The Retail Revolution 25 March 2013
- 2013 PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards Winners Announced 22 March 2013
- Does The Lean Startup Approach Make Sense For Payments? 21 March 2013
- IP2013 Roundup: Western Union, CSI, Al Gore And More 21 March 2013
- Al Gore Speaks On Mobile Money And The Global Mind 20 March 2013
- Carlsbad Desalination Project is Named “Deal of the Year” by The Bond Buyer 05 December 2013
- Pacific & Western Credit Corp. (operating as PWC Capital) Announces Results for Its Fourth Quarter Ended October 31, 2013 05 December 2013
- Pacific & Western Bank of Canada Announces Results for Its Fourth Quarter Ended October 31, 2013 05 December 2013
- A.M. Best Upgrades Issuer Credit Rating of Citizens Security Life Insurance Company 05 December 2013
- Calpian Inc. Mentioned in New York Times Article on Mobile Payments 05 December 2013
- ChannelAdvisor Hosts Webinar to Explore E-Commerce Expansion into Latin America through the MercadoLibre Marketplace 05 December 2013
- PCI Gaming Opening New Casino-Resort; Launches Campaign Targeting Atlanta 05 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Today's Top Stories