ROAM CEO Ken Paull was one of six payments executives who took the stage with Eric Ries at IP2013, debating how Lean Startup's principle apply to payments, and the role of senior leadership in payments innovation. What did Paull think of Ries' conclusion that management can often stifle some of a company's best ideas? PYMNTS.com spoke with Paull to find out.
What are the key philosophical and practical pillars of payments innovation? That's the question that PayPal's Don Kingsborough, economist and author Steve Levitt (Freakonomics), and others aimed to tackle during the second panel at The Innovation Project 2013. Where do Home Depot, Kohl's, MasterCard and others align with their views, and where do they disagree?
The Innovation Project™ 2013 was an amazing experience from beginning to end. We set out to facilitate a series of C-level-to-C-level conversations about payments and commerce that went beyond the usual conference patter to the essence of the struggles and opportunities that executives deal with every day as they are trying to (excuse the terrible cliché) change the tires on a racecar moving 150 miles an hour. There's a lot to share so we decided to tease a few of MPD CEO Karen Webster's key takeaways - more to come this week!
We are excited to reveal the list of winners for the 2013 PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards. Winners were chosen across sixteen categories by a panel of judges with deep and practical expertise in payments and payments innovation. The top finalists in each category were given an award at the PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards Dinner held this year on March 21, 2013 at Annenberg Hall on the Harvard University Campus as part of The Innovation Project.
See the results!
The first day of The Innovation Project™ 2013 is in the books, and we're left with no shortage of quotes and takeaways from some of payments' leading minds. What major announcement did Western Union make at the conference, and how does Al Gore view the mobile payments phenomenon? Plus, why did CSI walk away with the highest score at Russell Simmons' Ultimate Entrepreneur Challenge?
A video interview with Warren Buffett on the power of innovation has officially launched the start of the PYMNTS.com's The Innovation Project™ 2013, a two-day program to challenge the way the payments and its broader commerce ecosystem thinks, talks, delivers and ignites innovation. Buffett sat down with Business Wire CEO Cathy Baron Tamraz and offered his view on the current landscape of the payments industry and his optimism for the economic future in his keynote introduction to the program, held at Harvard University.
Featured Reports - April
- ROAM CEO On Encouraging Innovation From All Employees 03 April 2013
- Levitt, Kingsborough And The Retail Revolution 25 March 2013
- 2013 PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards Winners Announced 22 March 2013
- Does The Lean Startup Approach Make Sense For Payments? 21 March 2013
- IP2013 Roundup: Western Union, CSI, Al Gore And More 21 March 2013
- Al Gore Speaks On Mobile Money And The Global Mind 20 March 2013
- Fireside Chat With Warren Buffett and Cathy Baron Tamraz, CEO of Business Wire 20 March 2013
- ReachLocal Announces Dedicated Marketing Practice for Healthcare and Wellness Providers 18 June 2013
- A.M. Best Upgrades Ratings of Pacific Compensation Insurance Company 18 June 2013
- MasterCard Announces Annual Meeting Results; Stockholders Re-elect 12 Members to Board of Directors 18 June 2013
- Citi Second Quarter 2013 Fixed Income Investor Review 18 June 2013
- Net Element Announces the Immediate Access of Music1’s Video and Music Library via Leading Song Download Services Including Spotify and Google Music 18 June 2013
- Office Depot to Help Entrepreneurs Boost Their Business as Official Sponsor of National Small Business Week 18 June 2013
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Kemper Corporation, Its Affiliates and Subsidiaries 18 June 2013
- View More Headlines >
Monday, June 18, 2013
Today's Top Stories