Ed McLaughlin, chief emerging products officer for MasterCard, joins Karen Webster on the Inside today at 12:00 EST in this exclusive digital discussion about the latest in mobile commerce, the role of the networks and MasterCard's plans. Want in?
Who spent their weekend refreshing their memories on Porter's Five Forces framework so that youcould ask him intelligent questions at The Innovation Project next week? Relax. Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster did the heavy lifting for you and puts the evolution of payments into the five forces framework. Some cool insights await.
The debate over EMV in the US rages anew in the aftermath of the Target data breach, particularly since it will take years to implement and nothing's being proposed in the short term to protect cardholder data. Three Innovation Project ThinkAThon Teams will devise the framework for a more secure and less expensive security solution to implementing EMV that the networks would certify as either a substitute or a replacement. Want to put your thinking cap and join us?
Wanna know what the feds are doing about cyberterrorism and attacks on our payments and financial systems? How about what they think about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Come hear the latest from the woman whose job it is to keep the bad guys away and our systems secure: Jennifer Shasky Calvery - Head of FinCen - at The Innovation Project 2014.
Bill Ready (Braintree) and Leo Rocco (GoPago) know a thing or two about innovation, ignition and exits. Each were acquired by two very dominant players in the payments space at the end of 2013, Braintree for just shy of $1B. That's why we're pretty psyched that they'll join PaySimple CEO and serial entrepreneur Eric Remer as co-chairs of The Innovation Project Expo and will be around to meet Expo peeps and impart words of wisdom - plus hand out money! They'll award the winning "Best in Show" Expo participants with a cash prize and do a joint interview with them on PYMNTS.com. We're nearly at capacity so if you'd like to participate, let us know NOW!
The same guy who spent a year traveling the world without any cash at all is the best person we know to kick start our conversation about digital payments usage around the world. David Wolman, Wired contributing editor and author of The End of Money will drive an entertaining conversation about mobile's rise, the end of cash and the promise of digital currencies with global payments leaders who are in the thick of it all in several of the world's developing economies.
- A Look At How E-Payments Got To Where It Is Today 10 March 2014
- Beatlemania and Innovation 07 February 2014
- Time For A Reality Redo 23 January 2014
- Samsung and All Def Digital Collaborate to Discover The Next Big Thing in Music 12 March 2014
- Wells Fargo Securities: "An Uneven Thaw: Nonfarm Payrolls Surprise to the Upside Amid Growing Fears of a Slowdown in China" 12 March 2014
- U.S. Bank is First to Offer Visa® Payment Controls Service for Small Business Owners 12 March 2014
- Two Pioneer Elite Home Theater Receivers Ideal for Custom Installations 12 March 2014
- Anvato To Showcase Innovative Broadcast-Quality Ad Insertion Technology for Live Streaming At NAB 2014 12 March 2014
- Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union Moves to Fiserv for Digital Banking and Payments 12 March 2014
- Weekly International Highlights From Nair & Co. 12 March 2014
- View More Headlines >