London-based big data startup ERN has raised $1.6 million in seed funding, according to TechCrunch. The company did not name the participating investors, but described the benefactors as "high net worth individuals." The report suggested most of those who contributed to this funding round were new investors. Read more.
How are major players in payments working to reinvent loyalty and rewards programs? PYMNTS.com spoke with Nandan Mer, group executive, global loyalty solutions at MasterCard, about MasterCard's approach to loyalty, the company's new partnership with Truaxis and more.
Moms often lead the pack when it comes to mobile shopping trends, so what do their preferences tell us about where mShopping is headed? We take a look at an Alt12 study that reveals some interesting stats about what matters most to moms who use their devices to transact.
* EDITORS' PICK
As analytics tools improve and big data gets bigger, loyalty is an industry influenced by constant change. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dominic Hofer, CEO and founder of Loylogic, to discuss how companies can be innovative in the space, and to review what merchants and consumers alike stand to benefit from the next wave of loyalty solutions. Why does Hofer define his company as a "virtual currency clearinghouse?"
MasterCard today is announcing the launch of their new "Sector Insights" reports: a weekly spinoff of their Spending Pulse tracker that will provide actionable big data to merchants, issuers and governments alike. What type of transactional information does Sector Insights contain, and how does it reflect current regulatory, economic and consumer trends? PYMNTS.com spoke with Sarah Quinlan, SVP at MasterCard Advisors, to learn.
A new study that finds Americans born in the early 1980s have over $8,000 more in debt than did those born in the 1920s, and repay their loans at a slower rate, too. What can be done to curb this troubling trend?
* EDITORS' PICK
- UK Blocks Unlicensed iGaming Operators From Finance Market 07 March 2014
- New Low-Cost ‘Checking’ Option From Bank Of America 07 March 2014
- K-Glass: Korea’s Answer to Google Glass 07 March 2014
- Thank You For Watching These Television Ads 07 March 2014
- Millennial Moms, Swag Bags and Millions of Pounds of Mardi Gras Beads… And Other Friday Factoids 07 March 2014
- Points International: Talks With MasterCard Banks ‘A Real Opportunity’ 06 March 2014
- PayPal To Retailers: Ramp-Up Your Data Capabilities 06 March 2014
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >