London-based big data startup ERN has raised $1.6 million in seed funding, according to TechCrunch. The company did not name the participating investors, but described the benefactors as "high net worth individuals." The report suggested most of those who contributed to this funding round were new investors. Read more.
How are major players in payments working to reinvent loyalty and rewards programs? PYMNTS.com spoke with Nandan Mer, group executive, global loyalty solutions at MasterCard, about MasterCard's approach to loyalty, the company's new partnership with Truaxis and more.
Moms often lead the pack when it comes to mobile shopping trends, so what do their preferences tell us about where mShopping is headed? We take a look at an Alt12 study that reveals some interesting stats about what matters most to moms who use their devices to transact.
* EDITORS' PICK
As analytics tools improve and big data gets bigger, loyalty is an industry influenced by constant change. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dominic Hofer, CEO and founder of Loylogic, to discuss how companies can be innovative in the space, and to review what merchants and consumers alike stand to benefit from the next wave of loyalty solutions. Why does Hofer define his company as a "virtual currency clearinghouse?"
MasterCard today is announcing the launch of their new "Sector Insights" reports: a weekly spinoff of their Spending Pulse tracker that will provide actionable big data to merchants, issuers and governments alike. What type of transactional information does Sector Insights contain, and how does it reflect current regulatory, economic and consumer trends? PYMNTS.com spoke with Sarah Quinlan, SVP at MasterCard Advisors, to learn.
A new study that finds Americans born in the early 1980s have over $8,000 more in debt than did those born in the 1920s, and repay their loans at a slower rate, too. What can be done to curb this troubling trend?
* EDITORS' PICK
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- 53% Of Consumers Say YouTube Influenced Purchases 12 December 2013
- Debit Card Regs Boost Free Checking Access, KC Fed Finds 11 December 2013
- Mobile Banking A Must For Young Consumers 10 December 2013
- Monetate Raises $8M For Customer Targeting 09 December 2013
- PYMNTS Player Of The Week: New York City 07 December 2013
- MasterCard: 70% Of Black Friday Spending Occurs At First Two Stores 06 December 2013
- FIs Spend $17B Annually On Marketing Campaigns 05 December 2013
- Case Closed: New Report Shows Consumers Have More Choices for Free Checking After Debit Reform 11 December 2013
- Anil Varghese Joins Targetbase as Chief Security Officer; Continues Targetbase’s Commitment to Information Security 11 December 2013
- Hyatt Honored as One of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2014 by Glassdoor in Annual Employees’ Choice Awards 11 December 2013
- Sound Shore Management, Inc. Introduces Institutional Class of the Sound Shore Fund 11 December 2013
- Citi Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Review 11 December 2013
- Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Completion of Refinancing 11 December 2013
- MasterCard and Commonwealth Bank Accelerate Mobile Payments Adoption on Flagship Samsung Devices 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories