How are major players in payments working to reinvent loyalty and rewards programs? PYMNTS.com spoke with Nandan Mer, group executive, global loyalty solutions at MasterCard, about MasterCard's approach to loyalty, the company's new partnership with Truaxis and more.
Moms often lead the pack when it comes to mobile shopping trends, so what do their preferences tell us about where mShopping is headed? We take a look at an Alt12 study that reveals some interesting stats about what matters most to moms who use their devices to transact.
* EDITORS' PICK
As analytics tools improve and big data gets bigger, loyalty is an industry influenced by constant change. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dominic Hofer, CEO and founder of Loylogic, to discuss how companies can be innovative in the space, and to review what merchants and consumers alike stand to benefit from the next wave of loyalty solutions. Why does Hofer define his company as a "virtual currency clearinghouse?"
MasterCard today is announcing the launch of their new "Sector Insights" reports: a weekly spinoff of their Spending Pulse tracker that will provide actionable big data to merchants, issuers and governments alike. What type of transactional information does Sector Insights contain, and how does it reflect current regulatory, economic and consumer trends? PYMNTS.com spoke with Sarah Quinlan, SVP at MasterCard Advisors, to learn.
A new study that finds Americans born in the early 1980s have over $8,000 more in debt than did those born in the 1920s, and repay their loans at a slower rate, too. What can be done to curb this troubling trend?
* EDITORS' PICK
We interviewed David Hogan, executive director at Heartland Payments, who spoke of his company's strategy of being the Switzerland of payments in a time of rapid change and innovation. Can Hogan predict which payment technology will become most prevalent in the coming years?
* EDITORS' PICK
Featured Reports - April
- Report: Bank Branch Transactions To Halve By 2023 27 May 2013
- SMB Loyalty Platform LoyalBlocks Grabs $9 Million, New Directors 24 May 2013
- GiftCards.com Goes Mobile With Giftly Acquisition 23 May 2013
- Report: Bank Tellers Going Way Of Milkmen, Dinosaurs 20 May 2013
- Etihad’s Loyalty Program Takes Flight With Loylogic 16 May 2013
- eCommerce Info Provider RJMetrics Secures $6.25 million 16 May 2013
- Amazon-owned Quidsi Launches Prime-Like Membership Program 10 May 2013
- Use Your Voice to Make the Impossible a Reality, Google’s Top Legal Officer Tells 2013 SCU Law Graduates 25 May 2013
- ProShares Announces ETF Share Splits 24 May 2013
- Shutterfly, Inc. to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences 24 May 2013
- BRIO Tuscan Grille is Now Offering $8.95 Weekday Lunch Features 24 May 2013
- Fibra Inn Announces Acquisition of Holiday Inn Express Playa Del Carmen Hotel 24 May 2013
- Tano Capital Releases White Paper “Bullish Again on the prospects for Gold”… 24 May 2013
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Legal & General Group Plc’s U.S. Operations 24 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, May 24, 2013
Today's Top Stories
- Visa's New VIP, PayPal's Pointed Study And Canadian Counterfeit Cockiness
- Walmart App Update Will Let You Leave Your List At Home
- Target, Macy's Headline New Lawsuit Against Visa, MasterCard
- Visa Names JPMorgan Chase's Ryan McInerney New President
- Report: Germany Gets First PayPal Integration For Apple Online Store