Why did the U.S. consumer cross the road? To get a better price, so says Nielsen in its latest consumer report. But, global shoppers take a different view. The new data sheds some light on what will get consumers to stop, shop and spend - essential insights as everyone gears up to get consumers to open up their wallets this holiday season.
American Express has announced a new mobile app feature that will allow customers to redeem rewards points for any purchase, the company stated in a November 19 press release. The Use Points for Charges mobile feature lets eligible members spend Membership Rewards points on a variety of purchases, including groceries, clothing and other consumer items, provided the total sale is more than $1.00.
Kmart and Sears are utilizing a new loyalty program, Shop Your Way, to boost Black Friday sales figures, Mobile Commerce Daily reported on November 18. The program enables shoppers to access a variety of incentives, including price reductions and product deals. The Black Friday initiative allows members to tap into Black Friday deals before the actual shopping holiday.
Mobile gift card provider Gyft has announced the launch of a new rewards platform that includes incentives for bitcoin users, a November 14 press release revealed. Gyft Points allow users to generate rewards as they make purchases. The company said that those who use bitcoin will receive 3 percent back. PayPal and credit card transactions earn consumers 2 percent and 1 percent back, respectively.
How do innovative startups get a leg up in an increasingly crowded sector like payments? As we prepare to launch the nominations process for the 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Awards, our PYMNTS Innovator Award alums share their stories and their secrets. Read More.
The Innovation Project 2014 is shaping up to yet again be the preeminent event in the mobile commerce and payments space.
Today, we are launching our annual campaign to scour the payments and mobile commerce industry to seek out 50 leading startups for our 2014 Innovator Expo showcase.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- PerkStreet Financial To Cease Operations 13 August 2013
- Despite Optimism, North American Discretionary Spending Falls Flat In Q2 07 August 2013
- Sparkfly Seeks To Merge Offers And Payments 06 August 2013
- RetailMeNot Files For $230 Million IPO 18 June 2013
- Millennials Find FIs Can’t Keep Up With Needs 17 June 2013
- Convenience Vs. Value: What Matters Most With Loyalty? 28 May 2013
- SMB Loyalty Platform LoyalBlocks Grabs $9 Million, New Directors 24 May 2013
- Case Closed: New Report Shows Consumers Have More Choices for Free Checking After Debit Reform 11 December 2013
- Anil Varghese Joins Targetbase as Chief Security Officer; Continues Targetbase’s Commitment to Information Security 11 December 2013
- Hyatt Honored as One of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2014 by Glassdoor in Annual Employees’ Choice Awards 11 December 2013
- Sound Shore Management, Inc. Introduces Institutional Class of the Sound Shore Fund 11 December 2013
- Citi Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Review 11 December 2013
- Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Completion of Refinancing 11 December 2013
- MasterCard and Commonwealth Bank Accelerate Mobile Payments Adoption on Flagship Samsung Devices 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories