Why did the U.S. consumer cross the road? To get a better price, so says Nielsen in its latest consumer report. But, global shoppers take a different view. The new data sheds some light on what will get consumers to stop, shop and spend - essential insights as everyone gears up to get consumers to open up their wallets this holiday season.
American Express has announced a new mobile app feature that will allow customers to redeem rewards points for any purchase, the company stated in a November 19 press release. The Use Points for Charges mobile feature lets eligible members spend Membership Rewards points on a variety of purchases, including groceries, clothing and other consumer items, provided the total sale is more than $1.00.
Kmart and Sears are utilizing a new loyalty program, Shop Your Way, to boost Black Friday sales figures, Mobile Commerce Daily reported on November 18. The program enables shoppers to access a variety of incentives, including price reductions and product deals. The Black Friday initiative allows members to tap into Black Friday deals before the actual shopping holiday.
Mobile gift card provider Gyft has announced the launch of a new rewards platform that includes incentives for bitcoin users, a November 14 press release revealed. Gyft Points allow users to generate rewards as they make purchases. The company said that those who use bitcoin will receive 3 percent back. PayPal and credit card transactions earn consumers 2 percent and 1 percent back, respectively.
How do innovative startups get a leg up in an increasingly crowded sector like payments? As we prepare to launch the nominations process for the 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Awards, our PYMNTS Innovator Award alums share their stories and their secrets. Read More.
The Innovation Project 2014 is shaping up to yet again be the preeminent event in the mobile commerce and payments space.
Today, we are launching our annual campaign to scour the payments and mobile commerce industry to seek out 50 leading startups for our 2014 Innovator Expo showcase.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- PerkStreet Financial To Cease Operations 13 August 2013
- Despite Optimism, North American Discretionary Spending Falls Flat In Q2 07 August 2013
- Sparkfly Seeks To Merge Offers And Payments 06 August 2013
- RetailMeNot Files For $230 Million IPO 18 June 2013
- Millennials Find FIs Can’t Keep Up With Needs 17 June 2013
- Convenience Vs. Value: What Matters Most With Loyalty? 28 May 2013
- SMB Loyalty Platform LoyalBlocks Grabs $9 Million, New Directors 24 May 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories