Why did the U.S. consumer cross the road? To get a better price, so says Nielsen in its latest consumer report. But, global shoppers take a different view. The new data sheds some light on what will get consumers to stop, shop and spend - essential insights as everyone gears up to get consumers to open up their wallets this holiday season.
American Express has announced a new mobile app feature that will allow customers to redeem rewards points for any purchase, the company stated in a November 19 press release. The Use Points for Charges mobile feature lets eligible members spend Membership Rewards points on a variety of purchases, including groceries, clothing and other consumer items, provided the total sale is more than $1.00.
Kmart and Sears are utilizing a new loyalty program, Shop Your Way, to boost Black Friday sales figures, Mobile Commerce Daily reported on November 18. The program enables shoppers to access a variety of incentives, including price reductions and product deals. The Black Friday initiative allows members to tap into Black Friday deals before the actual shopping holiday.
Mobile gift card provider Gyft has announced the launch of a new rewards platform that includes incentives for bitcoin users, a November 14 press release revealed. Gyft Points allow users to generate rewards as they make purchases. The company said that those who use bitcoin will receive 3 percent back. PayPal and credit card transactions earn consumers 2 percent and 1 percent back, respectively.
How do innovative startups get a leg up in an increasingly crowded sector like payments? As we prepare to launch the nominations process for the 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Awards, our PYMNTS Innovator Award alums share their stories and their secrets. Read More.
The Innovation Project 2014 is shaping up to yet again be the preeminent event in the mobile commerce and payments space.
Today, we are launching our annual campaign to scour the payments and mobile commerce industry to seek out 50 leading startups for our 2014 Innovator Expo showcase.
- K-Glass: Korea’s Answer to Google Glass 07 March 2014
- Thank You For Watching These Television Ads 07 March 2014
- Points International: Talks With MasterCard Banks ‘A Real Opportunity’ 06 March 2014
- NCR Targeting Small Brick-and-Mortars with New Loyalty App 05 March 2014
- LevelUp Goes Online 27 February 2014
- MasterCard Enhances Issuer Rewards With Points-Exchange Flexibility 18 February 2014
- Google Wallet Adds iOS Loyalty Location Feature 06 February 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is America’s #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 07 March 2014
- Citi Announces Increased Support for Vital Voices Global Partnership, Celebrates International Women’s Day Across the Globe 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories