2013 was a year of payments hits, misses and surprises, with many breadcrumbs dropped along the way that hint about what's to come when the clock strikes midnight. As we do each year, we've gathered a few of the most interesting predictions others have made and then weighed in on whether we read the tea leaves as they have. How does PYMNTS and Karen Webster's views on what's to come synch up with the conventional wisdom? Guess there's only one way to find out.
i2c Chief Executive Officer Amir Wain has a very different point of view on prepaid. Rather than seeing it as "just another card product," he sees it as an enabling platform for stimulating the drive to mobile. Unlike "traditional" card products, prepaid products have many different use cases, all touching various consumers and solving big problems for consumers and merchants. In this exclusive interview, PYMNTS explores how a plastic card product that in some ways is a solution searching for a problem, may be the solution that unleashes the power of mobile.
Today, the daily deals space is a shadow of its former self, with major providers like LivingSocial floundering, and Groupon pivoting aggressively to become a multifaceted eCommerce engine. Former daily deals provider Pirq knows that feeling all too well - It's shifted about as far away from daily deals as it could get. That pivot wasn't easy, and success is far from guaranteed. CEO James Sun tells PYMNTS.com about his tough decisions and why success now seems well within his grasp.
Why did the U.S. consumer cross the road? To get a better price, so says Nielsen in its latest consumer report. But, global shoppers take a different view. The new data sheds some light on what will get consumers to stop, shop and spend - essential insights as everyone gears up to get consumers to open up their wallets this holiday season.
- Coupons.com Acquires Yub In $30M Deal 02 January 2014
- Looking Ahead At The Close Of 2013 31 December 2013
- Pharmacies Reaping Mobile Benefits This Holiday Season 31 December 2013
- Sears Puts Membership Spin On Mobile Outreach 31 December 2013
- Deep Discounts Drove Holiday Spending Growth, Experts Say 30 December 2013
- Sports Authority Expands Shopkick Integration 24 December 2013
- How Prepaid Cards Can Ignite Mobile Payments 17 December 2013
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is America’s #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories