A newly released MasterCard SpendingPulse report tracked consumer credit, cash and check spending over the holidays to reveal new insights into how the Thanksgiving weekend shopping season is evolving. It's top finding? A statistic we're sure you haven't seen that reveals where the majority of shopping holiday spending takes place.
Black Friday has long been the preeminent shopping day of the year, but as mobile and digital shopping increases in popularity, a new study shows consumers are increasingly inclined to shop on Cyber Monday. How do key demographics shop and save on this emerging holiday, and what do these trends say about consumer acceptance of new shopping channels?
Everyone has a prediction for what will drive spending this holiday season. With this in mind, we've compiled comScore's recently published four key trends for the 2013 season and added our expert analysis. The result? an even closer look into the mindset of consumers and retailers this holiday season.
Mobile banking has quickly gone from value-add to necessity, but that doesn't mean every bank is lining up to invest in consumer-friendly solutions. Many banks and FIs are understandably hesitant about the cost and complexity of the shift. What one key stat can convince banks it's time to invest?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Mobile Banking A Must For Young Consumers 10 December 2013
- MasterCard: 70% Of Black Friday Spending Occurs At First Two Stores 06 December 2013
- Baby Boomers Drive Cyber Monday Growth 02 December 2013
- How Top Retailers Are Courting Holiday Spend 30 November 2013
- This One Stat Will Convince You Mobile Banking Matters 27 November 2013
- comScore Reveals Top 4 Holiday Shopping Trends 27 November 2013
- Which Top Thanksgiving Shopping App Is Right For You? 25 November 2013
- Pharmacy Times Launches Fall Pharmacy Careers Issue 12 December 2013
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Affirms FREMF Multifamily Mortgage Pass Through Certificates, Series 2012-K23 Ratings 12 December 2013
- Central Payment/SpotOn to Sponsor GLIDE Holiday Program with $60,000 Donation 12 December 2013
- Rising Realty Partners & David Sacks Acquire Historic Office/Retail Site in Old Town Pasadena 12 December 2013
- Independent Bank Corp. Announces Quarterly Dividend 12 December 2013
- Wells Fargo Launches Agreement With Isis 12 December 2013
- Franklin E. Haggas Joins California Bank of Commerce 12 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Today's Top Stories