With so many new digital tools and channels, it can be difficult for retailers and merchants to find the right blend of solutions to encourage consumer spending. However, a new study takes the guesswork out of such decision-making providing an analysis of 16 top digital spending tools. Why should merchants and retailers continue to invest in desktop websites and email, while relying less on search engines, in 2014?
Conventional wisdom may dictate that Millennials don't spend big, but a new Nielsen report finds one demographic bucks this trend. What are the keys to unlocking this potentially lucrative demographic? We break down new Nielsen data to reveal.
While payments companies are increasingly interested in social data online, they shouldn't ignore how real-world social factors can influence spending. A new study from researchers at the University of California, San Diego and University of California, Berkeley took an in-depth look at pay-it-forward pricing models to reveal how consumers are influenced by the behavior of their peers, and the findings have broad implications that can help all types of businesses as they look to incentivize and better understand consumers.
A newly released MasterCard SpendingPulse report tracked consumer credit, cash and check spending over the holidays to reveal new insights into how the Thanksgiving weekend shopping season is evolving. It's top finding? A statistic we're sure you haven't seen that reveals where the majority of shopping holiday spending takes place.
Black Friday has long been the preeminent shopping day of the year, but as mobile and digital shopping increases in popularity, a new study shows consumers are increasingly inclined to shop on Cyber Monday. How do key demographics shop and save on this emerging holiday, and what do these trends say about consumer acceptance of new shopping channels?
Everyone has a prediction for what will drive spending this holiday season. With this in mind, we've compiled comScore's recently published four key trends for the 2013 season and added our expert analysis. The result? an even closer look into the mindset of consumers and retailers this holiday season.
- Daily Deals, Email Named Biggest Drivers Of Impulse Spending 27 December 2013
- MasterCard: Holiday Sales See Minor YOY Growth 27 December 2013
- Income Equality: Behind The Data 26 December 2013
- Asian-American Consumers Are Ready To Spend 18 December 2013
- How Social Motives Can Unlock Spending 16 December 2013
- Mobile Banking A Must For Young Consumers 10 December 2013
- MasterCard: 70% Of Black Friday Spending Occurs At First Two Stores 06 December 2013
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories