Everybody and anybody in payments has a mobile wallet or visions of one dancing in their strategic plans. But, creating one is the easy part. The rubber meets the road when it comes to getting merchants and consumers to adopt. And, that is where value has to be added and problems solved that have nothing to do with payment.
Loylogic has won the “Best Loyalty Innovation Award” at the Loyalty Awards in London for its PointsPay platform. PointsPay is the world’s first global mobile payment wallet that enables payments with loyalty currencies at over 32 million merchants worldwide.
Using a mobile wallet at the point of sale may be easier and safer than paying with cash, but right now, it has few advantages over paying with plastic.
That means that in some ways, mobile and digital wallets are a technology in search of a use case, which helps to explain why mPayments account for just 0.001 percent of total retail purchase volume.
For many, when you think of loyalty or rewards programs, airlines are among the first businesses that come to mind. But since almost every airline has such programs, what loyalty features do they feel lead to the greatest differentiation? PYMNTS.com spoke to one exec who helped build his airline's loyalty program from the ground up, and learned how Loylogic's PointsPay platform ultimately ended up soaring above the rest.
Loyalty and eCommerce platform Loylogic has been awarded the Contactless & Mobile Award 2013 for its PointsPay loyalty redemption platform. PointsPay enables loyalty program members to pay for regular retail items by using their points and miles form mobile devices, tablets and computers for in-store and online shopping
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Will Loyalty Decide The Wallet Wars? Webinar on 11 July 2013 11 July 2013
- Loylogic’s PointsPay Wins Loyalty Innovation Award 21 June 2013
- In Search Of A Use Case For Mobile Wallets 13 June 2013
- Convenience Vs. Value: What Matters Most With Loyalty? 28 May 2013
- Etihad’s Loyalty Program Takes Flight With Loylogic 16 May 2013
- Loylogic’s PointsPay Wins Contactless & Mobile Award 2013 08 May 2013
- Loylogic Takes Global Approach With Loyalty Innovation 15 March 2013
- Explore Robbers Cave State Park with Groupon 08 December 2013
- Groupon and Young Chefs Academy Offer Kids Cooking Classes 08 December 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories