Most people don't often think about the security features that come with their payments cards: until they need those features, that is. Data protection is among the most important aspects of any card, and MasterCard wants to know what security solutions consumers value most. Make your voice heard!
JPMorgan Chase has lost another of its top executives as Frank Bisignano, co-COO, is departing the company for a new role as CEO of First Data. How many execs in CEO Jamie Dimon's inner circle has JPMorgan lost since its trading scandal nearly one year ago, and why does Bisignano's experience match up with First Data's needs?
PYMNTS.com spoke with Richard Crum, global travel and entertainment product group head for MasterCard, to discuss MasterCard's Acceptance Matters calculator, its impressive acceptance statistics and what businesses small and large demand from their travel cards.
MasterCard today announced mobile innovations and feature enhancements to Smart Data, the company's industry leading suite of commercial expense management and analytics products. Among the updates, new receipt management mobile applications can liberate corporate cardholders from the burden of getting and filing paper receipts for expenses. PYMNTS.com spoke with Robert Reeves, Group Head, Commercial Information Platforms, Global Commercial Products, MasterCard, to learn more about the company's recent innovations.
It's common knowledge within the payments industry that many banks are replatforming their payments operations, but are you familiar with their motives to do so? According to an Accenture white paper, regulations, geographic expansion and technological issues all come into play, as do some other key catalysts for payments transformations. What are the biggest challenges banks face as they aim to replatform?
Discover held its annual financial meeting yesterday, discussing its key 2012 results and how they should translate into its 2013 ambitions. What are the six key "strategic initiatives" Discover is focusing on, and how do they plan to build out their Discover It card brand?
Featured Reports - April
- China UnionPay Signs On With EMV Standards Body 21 May 2013
- Citi Brazil To Sell Credit Card Business 20 May 2013
- MasterCard, Visa Beat Quarterly EPS Estimates 02 May 2013
- Discover Exec Diane Offereins Wins Distinguished Payments Professional At ETA 2013 01 May 2013
- US Bank Tests Siri-Like “Nina” Mobile Voice Command App 30 April 2013
- JPMorgan Exec Departs For Top First Data Role 29 April 2013
- Visa Europe Announces Multi-Currency, Immediate Pay Function For mPayments 18 April 2013
- Retarus Boosts Presence in Asia 22 May 2013
- Target Reports First Quarter 2013 Earnings 22 May 2013
- PAR Springer-Miller Systems, Inc. Awarded Gold and Bronze Distinctions for ATRIO® Guest Experience Management at 8th Annual 2013 “Hot Companies and Best Products” Awards Ceremony 22 May 2013
- Comtrol Launches PortVision® DX Advanced Device Management Software 22 May 2013
- Research and Markets: 2013 U.S. Credit Card Issuing Industry-Industry & Market Report 22 May 2013
- Citi Trends Announces First Quarter 2013 Results 22 May 2013
- Cross-Border Expansion Hot Topic at ChannelAdvisor's Catalyst Europe 22 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Today's Top Stories