Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
As countless contenders battle for mobile wallet supremacy, it can be difficult for FIs to know whom to back. Fortunately, Monitise's mWallet kit details everything banks and issuers need to know as more and more consumers expect to transact via their phones. What does Forrester research reveal about NFC, and what does Monitise deem as the six elements most crucial to mWallet success?
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
Most major banks currently offer a majority of their mobile banking feature for free. But if the latest rumors surrounding PNC Bank are true, that could be about to change. Why might financial institutions be willing to risk losing customers by charging for their mobile services?
* EDITORS' PICK
As mobile payments adoption grows among consumers, so do the number of providers offering mobile services. But which offerings and reputations stand out above all others? Complete a quick five-question survey to help us gauge who is leading the pack - and with just a few clicks, you'll be entered for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD.
* EDITORS' PICK
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
Featured Reports - April
- Uber Announces Google Wallet Integration 17 May 2013
- eBay Mobile App Overhaul Includes Driver’s License Scanning, Multi-Item Checkout 17 May 2013
- MasterCard, Telefonica Launch First mPayments Solution For Brazil 16 May 2013
- Startup ZooZ Streamlines mCommerce, Launches In-Ad Payments 16 May 2013
- MasterCard MasterPass Adds Burger King, LivingSocial, Rakuten 16 May 2013
- Google Wallet Intros One-Click Purchases, Instant Buy Gmail Integration 16 May 2013
- Akimbo Lands $850,000 Investment To Revamp Prepaid For mCommerce 15 May 2013
- Dillard’s, Inc. Holds Annual Meeting of Shareholders 18 May 2013
- Actis Wunderman’s Anya Sverdlov to Head Internet Jury at IDEA! Festival in Russia 17 May 2013
- US Foods Announces Plans to Seek to Refinance Existing Term Loans 17 May 2013
- Fifth Third Bancorp to Present at the 2013 Barclays Capital Americas Select Franchise Conference 17 May 2013
- Ernst & Young Names Borderfree CEO and President Michael Desimone as Finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year® 2013 in New York 17 May 2013
- VendScreen Adds Industry Innovator Jim Brinton to Board of Directors 17 May 2013
- Accenture to Strengthen Digital Marketing and eCommerce Capabilities with Acquisition of Acquity Group 17 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, May 17, 2013
Today's Top Stories