Brace yourself - it's the holiday season and retailers across every channel will use every mobile commerce weapon in the book to get consumers to buy. But, what is the end game, and what's the role of existing and emerging payments and commerce ecosystem players in shaping this future? Patrick Gauthier, PayPal's GM of Emerging Product, and Nadia Shouraboura, CEO of hot new retailer Hointer, sound off on this transition and how key stakeholders can best prepare. Oh, and it's free!
Abercrombie & Fitch is pushing an upgraded version of its mobile website in order to promote an expanded, omnichannel shopping experience, Mobile Commerce Daily reported on November 12. Read more.
Mobile gifting startup Sincerely has been purchased by Provide Commerce, TechCrunch reported on November 7. Provide Commerce specializes in eCommerce platforms. According to TechCrunch, Sincerely’s team will transition seamlessly and continue working on current and future projects. Read more.
* EDITORS' PICK
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Majority Of U.K. Consumers Say Mobile Payments Aren’t Safe 09 December 2013
- eBay Doubles Mobile Shopping Levels Thanksgiving Weekend 09 December 2013
- Dallas Merchants Opt For Mobile POS 09 December 2013
- Mozido Hires New Chairman, Nets $70M 09 December 2013
- Wi-Fi Network To Launch In NYC 06 December 2013
- To Encourage Mobile, Alipay Charges Desktop Users 06 December 2013
- Clinkle Hires Former Netflix Execs 05 December 2013
- Huntington Bank Elevates Corporate Support for LGBT Equality to Achieve Perfect HRC Rating 09 December 2013
- Sallie Mae Offers Lower Rates on Post-Graduate Loans 09 December 2013
- Merrill Lynch Study Debunks Myth of Gender-based Differences in Investing Behavior 09 December 2013
- Fiserv Launches Next Generation of Financial Crime Risk Management Platform 09 December 2013
- Barnes & Noble and Microsoft Announce Exclusive NOOK® for Windows 8.1 Offer: Customers in Spain Get Free NOOK Books® and Magazines with Download of NOOK App for Windows 8.1 09 December 2013
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Deploys Kronos in the Cloud to Achieve Strong ROI 09 December 2013
- Easy Solutions Unveils “Easy Solutions Mobile”, Delivering Multi-Layered Protection and Analytics for Mobile Banking 09 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Monday, December 9, 2013
Today's Top Stories