Brace yourself - it's the holiday season and retailers across every channel will use every mobile commerce weapon in the book to get consumers to buy. But, what is the end game, and what's the role of existing and emerging payments and commerce ecosystem players in shaping this future? Patrick Gauthier, PayPal's GM of Emerging Product, and Nadia Shouraboura, CEO of hot new retailer Hointer, sound off on this transition and how key stakeholders can best prepare. Oh, and it's free!
Abercrombie & Fitch is pushing an upgraded version of its mobile website in order to promote an expanded, omnichannel shopping experience, Mobile Commerce Daily reported on November 12. Read more.
Mobile gifting startup Sincerely has been purchased by Provide Commerce, TechCrunch reported on November 7. Provide Commerce specializes in eCommerce platforms. According to TechCrunch, Sincerely’s team will transition seamlessly and continue working on current and future projects. Read more.
* EDITORS' PICK
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Majority Of U.K. Consumers Say Mobile Payments Aren’t Safe 09 December 2013
- eBay Doubles Mobile Shopping Levels Thanksgiving Weekend 09 December 2013
- Dallas Merchants Opt For Mobile POS 09 December 2013
- Mozido Hires New Chairman, Nets $70M 09 December 2013
- Wi-Fi Network To Launch In NYC 06 December 2013
- To Encourage Mobile, Alipay Charges Desktop Users 06 December 2013
- Clinkle Hires Former Netflix Execs 05 December 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories