Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
As countless contenders battle for mobile wallet supremacy, it can be difficult for FIs to know whom to back. Fortunately, Monitise's mWallet kit details everything banks and issuers need to know as more and more consumers expect to transact via their phones. What does Forrester research reveal about NFC, and what does Monitise deem as the six elements most crucial to mWallet success?
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
Most major banks currently offer a majority of their mobile banking feature for free. But if the latest rumors surrounding PNC Bank are true, that could be about to change. Why might financial institutions be willing to risk losing customers by charging for their mobile services?
* EDITORS' PICK
As mobile payments adoption grows among consumers, so do the number of providers offering mobile services. But which offerings and reputations stand out above all others? Complete a quick five-question survey to help us gauge who is leading the pack - and with just a few clicks, you'll be entered for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD.
* EDITORS' PICK
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
Featured Reports - April
- Starbucks: 30% Of U.S. Transactions Come From Starbucks Cards 19 June 2013
- SMBs Miss The Mark On Mobile Optimization 18 June 2013
- Starbucks Brings Swipeless Pay To UK 17 June 2013
- Square Loses Co-Founder Tristan O’Tierney 17 June 2013
- Encap Brings Two-Step Authentication To U.S. 14 June 2013
- eBay Now Gets Update For Apple, Teased For Android 13 June 2013
- Apple’s Passbook Gets QR Code Scanning 13 June 2013
- WNS Positioned in the “Leaders” Quadrant of Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for F&A BPO 20 June 2013
- Early Adopters of iPad POS Vastly Outperform the National Average in Revenues 20 June 2013
- Gila Launches Internship Program 20 June 2013
- Pier 1 Imports, Inc. Reports 2014 First Quarter Results 20 June 2013
- M.I. Supplies Increases Revenue by 168 Percent Using ChannelAdvisor’s Marketplaces Solution 20 June 2013
- Gemalto deploys first contactless cards in Latvia for SEB 20 June 2013
- MSCI Launches New Series of Barra Models 19 June 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Today's Top Stories