Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
As countless contenders battle for mobile wallet supremacy, it can be difficult for FIs to know whom to back. Fortunately, Monitise's mWallet kit details everything banks and issuers need to know as more and more consumers expect to transact via their phones. What does Forrester research reveal about NFC, and what does Monitise deem as the six elements most crucial to mWallet success?
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
Most major banks currently offer a majority of their mobile banking feature for free. But if the latest rumors surrounding PNC Bank are true, that could be about to change. Why might financial institutions be willing to risk losing customers by charging for their mobile services?
* EDITORS' PICK
As mobile payments adoption grows among consumers, so do the number of providers offering mobile services. But which offerings and reputations stand out above all others? Complete a quick five-question survey to help us gauge who is leading the pack - and with just a few clicks, you'll be entered for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD.
* EDITORS' PICK
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
Featured Reports - April
- Fortumo Secures 460 Million New Customers In Telefonica, Telenor Deal 24 May 2013
- Lyft Announces New Funding, Passes 30,000 Rides Per Week 24 May 2013
- Square Expands Into Japan, Loses Two Key Execs 23 May 2013
- Report: One-Third Of Retailers Say No To MPOS 23 May 2013
- Google Wallet, Tabbedout Want To Buy You A Beer 22 May 2013
- Samsung Wallet Quietly Unveiled To Korean Samsung Users 21 May 2013
- Will payvia’s Mogreet Acquisition Set It Apart? 21 May 2013
- Strong Fundamentals Buoy the Prospects of Emerging Market Sovereign Debt Issuers, Says Market Vectors’ Fran Rodilosso 23 May 2013
- Heartbeat Ideas’ Bill Drummy Appointed to Google Healthcare Advisory Board 23 May 2013
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC and Nationstar Capital Corporation Commence Registered Exchange Offers for 9.625% Senior Notes Due 2019, 7.875% Senior Notes Due 2020 and 6.500% Senior Notes Due 2021 23 May 2013
- Demandbase Named to JMP Securities Hot 100 List of Best Privately Held Software Companies 23 May 2013
- Demand Media Promotes Jeff Dossett to Chief Revenue Officer 23 May 2013
- Upcoming Catholic Charities Gala Benefit 2013 Honors Citibank CEO Eugene M. McQuade and Jones Day Managing Partner Stephen J. Brogan 23 May 2013
- Wells Fargo Donates $100,000 for Oklahoma Tornado Victims 23 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Today's Top Stories