In case there was any question, recent research confirms mobile isn't going anywhere anytime soon: By 2017, smartphones are predicted to account for a whopping 82 percent of the cell phone market, up from the 50 percent today.
With the addition of Pay Anyone and Buy Anything to its already well-established Bank Anywhere capabilities, Monitise is enabling FIs to boldly go where their consumers already are - with a lot more features and functionality. Lisa Stanton, Monitise Americas President spoke to MPD CEO Karen Webster and shared the latest scoop.
Welcome to PYMNTS.com’s Midyear Review: a look into what the leaders of the payments industry have seen and accomplished this calendar year, and how they see trends playing out for the rest of 2013. We ask a top executive from each payments player the same six questions about how the industry has improved, what it still needs, and how his or her company plans to stay ahead of the competition in a complex and dynamic payments world.
As mobile and commerce continue to intersect, more and more players from various industries are all fighting over the biggest piece of the mPayments pie. PYMNTS.com spoke with Carl Tsukahara, global head of marketing at Monitise, to learn which industries are best positioned to control mobile payments and commerce, and to hear his prediction of how the mobile landscape will form over the next five years.
Mobile wallets will be the next battleground among businesses from various sectors – including financial institutions (FIs), mobile operators, Internet companies and retailers – in the fight for ownership of the consumer relationship.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Monitise Exec: Mobile Melds Offline, Digital Banking 17 July 2013
- What You Need To Know To Win The Mobile Wallet War 18 March 2013
- Visa And Monitise Extend Mobile Money Agreement With New Three-Year Deal 06 March 2013
- Case Closed: New Report Shows Consumers Have More Choices for Free Checking After Debit Reform 11 December 2013
- Anil Varghese Joins Targetbase as Chief Security Officer; Continues Targetbase’s Commitment to Information Security 11 December 2013
- Hyatt Honored as One of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2014 by Glassdoor in Annual Employees’ Choice Awards 11 December 2013
- Sound Shore Management, Inc. Introduces Institutional Class of the Sound Shore Fund 11 December 2013
- Citi Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Review 11 December 2013
- Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Completion of Refinancing 11 December 2013
- MasterCard and Commonwealth Bank Accelerate Mobile Payments Adoption on Flagship Samsung Devices 11 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Today's Top Stories