In case there was any question, recent research confirms mobile isn't going anywhere anytime soon: By 2017, smartphones are predicted to account for a whopping 82 percent of the cell phone market, up from the 50 percent today.
With the addition of Pay Anyone and Buy Anything to its already well-established Bank Anywhere capabilities, Monitise is enabling FIs to boldly go where their consumers already are - with a lot more features and functionality. Lisa Stanton, Monitise Americas President spoke to MPD CEO Karen Webster and shared the latest scoop.
Welcome to PYMNTS.com’s Midyear Review: a look into what the leaders of the payments industry have seen and accomplished this calendar year, and how they see trends playing out for the rest of 2013. We ask a top executive from each payments player the same six questions about how the industry has improved, what it still needs, and how his or her company plans to stay ahead of the competition in a complex and dynamic payments world.
As mobile and commerce continue to intersect, more and more players from various industries are all fighting over the biggest piece of the mPayments pie. PYMNTS.com spoke with Carl Tsukahara, global head of marketing at Monitise, to learn which industries are best positioned to control mobile payments and commerce, and to hear his prediction of how the mobile landscape will form over the next five years.
Mobile wallets will be the next battleground among businesses from various sectors – including financial institutions (FIs), mobile operators, Internet companies and retailers – in the fight for ownership of the consumer relationship.
- Monitise Inks Deal With Banking Group 22 January 2014
- Monitise Exec: Mobile Melds Offline, Digital Banking 17 July 2013
- What You Need To Know To Win The Mobile Wallet War 18 March 2013
- Visa And Monitise Extend Mobile Money Agreement With New Three-Year Deal 06 March 2013
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories