PYMNTS.com spoke to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, who gave us a sneak peek at what his company showed off for retail's biggest event, National Retail Federation's annual convention. How will NFC and EMV drive the conversation, and what does "reinventing checkout" really mean?
When VeriFone terminated its SAIL platform, it cited an unprofitable industry and "razor-thin margins" as two reasons to pull out of the mobile payments business. According to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, the problem lies not with micro-merchant acquiring, but rather with VeriFone's business strategy, and its decision to try and "be everything to everyone."
Merchants are used to the idea of mobile transforming their point of sale processes. Now they want more. Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, and Henry Helgeson, CEO of Merchant Warehouse, to learn what those in the industry are hearing from merchants. Where will mPOS technology go from here, and who's disrupting the industry?
Key findings from the month include: new entrants seem to enter the market with more functionality; more evidence that MPOS solutions are moving "up market" so that larger merchants can use them to create new customer experiences; and there is a lot of activity outside of the US - in both Europe and Asia. In addition, ROAM CEO Ken Paull chats with MPD's Karen Webster in our latest podcast and weighs in on this month's relevant changes in the MPOS landscape.
As mobile point of sale infrastructure becomes increasingly important, the cloud continues to solidify itself as a safe, effective and simple way to send and receive data. Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, and Jason Richelson, CEO of ShopKeep, to discuss where the cloud and mobile POS systems intersect, how the industry will move going forward, and why tablets are poised to play an important role.
- U.S. Senate Contender Barry Hinckley Hits A Home Run With Mobile Donations 30 September 2012
- Groupon Enters POS Industry With Launch Of Payments Platform 30 September 2012
- ROAM: The Mobile Point of Sale “Invisible Engine” 25 September 2012
- ROAM Data’s New SDK Turns Mobile Into Commerce/eCommerce Glue 29 July 2012
- ROAM Changes The Game for This Entrepreneur 11 July 2012
- Vistaprint to Present at the 2014 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Smid Conference 11 March 2014
- Regional Management Corp. Announces Fourth Quarter 2013 Results 11 March 2014
- VeriFone Reports Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2014 11 March 2014
- AGCO to Present at the 2014 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Industrials & EU Autos Conference 11 March 2014
- Just Announced—PR News’ Annual PR Measurement Conference April 8 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. 11 March 2014
- NYU School of Medicine Ranked Top-20 on the 2015 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” Rankings 11 March 2014
- 3xLOGIC Makes Real-Time POS Data Accessible from Any Mobile Device 11 March 2014
- View More Headlines >