ROAMpay's X4 application turns ordinary mobile point of sale solutions into super-powered mobile commerce platforms. Launched just yesterday, it raises the ante on what merchants large and small should expect from their mPOS platforms - namely offering features that help merchants sell more products and services. Get the whole scoop here on how it will change the mPOS playing field.
Consumers no longer have to divvy up shared taxi fares, restaurant bills or other group purchases on the spot - P2P payments have gone digital and are now easier than ever with the increasing supply of banking and money transfer apps. In fact, by 2016 peer-to-peer transfers could top $300 billion. PYMNTS takes a look at Fiserv's Popmoney to see if sending money to friends and family really can be hassle-free.
How do Swiff's solutions stand out in an increasingly competitive mobile point of sale industry? According to Jerome Cle, CEO of Swiff - provider The SCCP Group, flexibility and security are the keys. PYMNTS.com spoke with Cle to discuss his company's global presence, Swiff's unique features and the biggest hurdles that mPOS competitors face today.
Just a few weeks ago Ingenico laid out plans during its Investor Day to accelerate its multi-channel strategy - most notably in eCommerce with the integration of Ogone and in mobile payments with ROAM's platform. The company said it plans to further integrate around POS with associated Value Added Services leading to additional revenue for merchants and strengthened relationships with their customers. What exactly does this all mean? PYMNTS.com went straight to the source to find out. Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, and Benoit Boudier, Senior Vice President of International Sales at ROAM, explain Ingenico's newly announced strategy and how it will impact the mPOS marketplace going forward.
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
Featured Reports - April
- Square Hires Former U.S. Trade Negotiator For Regulatory Role 09 May 2013
- Fiserv: Mobile Bill Payment Triples Over Two-Year Period 08 May 2013
- Pageonce Rebrands As Check As Platform Evolves 06 May 2013
- Square Exec Reveals Recommendation Engine Plans 06 May 2013
- Uber Makes NYC Return, But Without Payments Option 02 May 2013
- Square Hires Former PayPal Exec As VP Of Partnerships 02 May 2013
- Uber CEO Denies $1 Billion Funding Valuation Rumor 01 May 2013
- Research and Markets: Insurance and Assistance linked to Payment Cards and Bank Accounts in Belgium 21 May 2013
- Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. Executive Makes Move to Stearns Lending to Serve as Senior Vice President – Controller 21 May 2013
- Best of the Healthcare Supply Chain Honored with GHXcellence Awards 21 May 2013
- Best Buy Reports Better-Than-Expected First Quarter Results 21 May 2013
- High Court of England and Wales Rules in Favor of United Online Subsidiaries Interflora, Inc. and Interflora British Unit 21 May 2013
- CFA Institute Opens Global Registration for Claritas® Investment Certificate 21 May 2013
- Huntington Bank Receives National Award for Export Service Excellence 21 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Monday, May 20, 2013
Today's Top Stories