ROAMpay's X4 application turns ordinary mobile point of sale solutions into super-powered mobile commerce platforms. Launched just yesterday, it raises the ante on what merchants large and small should expect from their mPOS platforms - namely offering features that help merchants sell more products and services. Get the whole scoop here on how it will change the mPOS playing field.
Consumers no longer have to divvy up shared taxi fares, restaurant bills or other group purchases on the spot - P2P payments have gone digital and are now easier than ever with the increasing supply of banking and money transfer apps. In fact, by 2016 peer-to-peer transfers could top $300 billion. PYMNTS takes a look at Fiserv's Popmoney to see if sending money to friends and family really can be hassle-free.
How do Swiff's solutions stand out in an increasingly competitive mobile point of sale industry? According to Jerome Cle, CEO of Swiff - provider The SCCP Group, flexibility and security are the keys. PYMNTS.com spoke with Cle to discuss his company's global presence, Swiff's unique features and the biggest hurdles that mPOS competitors face today.
Just a few weeks ago Ingenico laid out plans during its Investor Day to accelerate its multi-channel strategy - most notably in eCommerce with the integration of Ogone and in mobile payments with ROAM's platform. The company said it plans to further integrate around POS with associated Value Added Services leading to additional revenue for merchants and strengthened relationships with their customers. What exactly does this all mean? PYMNTS.com went straight to the source to find out. Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, and Benoit Boudier, Senior Vice President of International Sales at ROAM, explain Ingenico's newly announced strategy and how it will impact the mPOS marketplace going forward.
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Majority Of U.K. Consumers Say Mobile Payments Aren’t Safe 09 December 2013
- Dallas Merchants Opt For Mobile POS 09 December 2013
- Mozido Hires New Chairman, Nets $70M 09 December 2013
- To Encourage Mobile, Alipay Charges Desktop Users 06 December 2013
- Clinkle Hires Former Netflix Execs 05 December 2013
- Mobile Bucks VC Tech Investment Fatigue 05 December 2013
- Social Photo Platform Viewfinder Joins Square 04 December 2013
- Caplin Launches direct FX e-distribution service 09 December 2013
- Adobe Summit 2014 – The Digital Marketing Conference Registration Now Open 08 December 2013
- Explore Robbers Cave State Park with Groupon 08 December 2013
- Groupon and Young Chefs Academy Offer Kids Cooking Classes 08 December 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories