ROAMpay's X4 application turns ordinary mobile point of sale solutions into super-powered mobile commerce platforms. Launched just yesterday, it raises the ante on what merchants large and small should expect from their mPOS platforms - namely offering features that help merchants sell more products and services. Get the whole scoop here on how it will change the mPOS playing field.
Consumers no longer have to divvy up shared taxi fares, restaurant bills or other group purchases on the spot - P2P payments have gone digital and are now easier than ever with the increasing supply of banking and money transfer apps. In fact, by 2016 peer-to-peer transfers could top $300 billion. PYMNTS takes a look at Fiserv's Popmoney to see if sending money to friends and family really can be hassle-free.
How do Swiff's solutions stand out in an increasingly competitive mobile point of sale industry? According to Jerome Cle, CEO of Swiff - provider The SCCP Group, flexibility and security are the keys. PYMNTS.com spoke with Cle to discuss his company's global presence, Swiff's unique features and the biggest hurdles that mPOS competitors face today.
Just a few weeks ago Ingenico laid out plans during its Investor Day to accelerate its multi-channel strategy - most notably in eCommerce with the integration of Ogone and in mobile payments with ROAM's platform. The company said it plans to further integrate around POS with associated Value Added Services leading to additional revenue for merchants and strengthened relationships with their customers. What exactly does this all mean? PYMNTS.com went straight to the source to find out. Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, and Benoit Boudier, Senior Vice President of International Sales at ROAM, explain Ingenico's newly announced strategy and how it will impact the mPOS marketplace going forward.
LevelUp is frequently cited as one of payments' most innovative companies, but according to "Chief Ninja" Seth Priebatsch, they're not really a payments company at their core. Why does Priebatsch say LevelUp is a business truly based in advertising, and how does he look to tackle scalable innovation? Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Priebatsch to find out.
If you can't change the POS terminal, change the handset. That's part of the new strategy behind Mobeam, and their plans to make standard barcodes easy to transmit from any smartphone to any 1D scanner. How does their new partnership with ams come into play, and why do they believe their strategy can beat the current NFC craze? We caught up with the company at Mobile World Congress to find out.
- MeaWallet To Launch Mobile Payments Platform 07 March 2014
- Isis Rewards Amex Users For NYC Cab Use 06 March 2014
- Mobile Shift Challenges Billers To Keep Up 05 March 2014
- PayPal Ordered To Redraft Settlement Agreement 03 March 2014
- Coming Soon To txtNation: One-Click Mobile Payments 03 March 2014
- Social-Media Talk Turns Positive For mPayments 28 February 2014
- Future Innovators: How Far Should They Push The Limits? 28 February 2014
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is America’s #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 07 March 2014
- Citi Announces Increased Support for Vital Voices Global Partnership, Celebrates International Women’s Day Across the Globe 07 March 2014
- Calpian, Inc. to Present at 26th Annual ROTH Conference on Mar 12, 2014, in Laguna Niguel CA, US 07 March 2014
- NRF Says PIN Essential on New Credit and Debit Cards 07 March 2014
- Five Signs It’s a Scam! MoneyGram Spotlights Fraud Education 07 March 2014
- MasterCard and Visa Launch Cross-Industry Effort to Accelerate Payment Security 07 March 2014
- Bank of America to Report First-Quarter 2014 Financial Results on April 16 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories