In 2003, a tablet meant a pill and showrooming involved cars. A lot's changed over the past decade in online commerce, and a recent infographic takes a fun look at how multichannel shopping has become the norm for consumers in 2013. How rare was a basic function like in-store pickup just 10 years ago?
Mobile shopping apps are often littered with fancy displays, gamification aspects and cool sharing features, but few offer an easy purchasing platform for those who actually want to transact on a mobile phone. Tinyview doesn't have that problem, and despite its simple design and functionality, it makes converting searches to sales as easy as can be. What are Tinyview's strengths and weaknesses?
Mobile is clearly poised to play a big part in retail strategy moving forward, but how fast to retail execs see the industry growing? A recent study by Artisan seeks to answer that question, as well as determine what those execs desire most from native mobile apps. What percentage of execs think mobile will grow faster than its eCommerce counterpart? We take a look in this PYMNTS Data Point.
Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
Silicon Valley entrepreneur and PayPal co-founder Max Levchin has launched a new mCommerce firm, Affirm, which offers a quick and simple online check out process. Acting as a digital charge card rather than a credit card, Affirm uses Facebook to authenticate customers at checkout.
We heard plenty of concerns from retailers over a growing showrooming trend this holiday season, but were their fears grounded in reality? According to a new ForeSee study, showrooming is certainly happening in stores across the country, but it may not be as prevalent as you think. What percentage of shoppers actually looks at competing mobile sites when they're in-store?
Featured Reports - April
- Reebonz To Help MediaCorp Tap Into Asia-Pacific Market 21 May 2013
- Monogram To Let You Shop Your Favorite Blogger's Magazine Soon 21 May 2013
- Is AOL's "Bling Thing" Subscription Commerce Platform Real? 21 May 2013
- eBay Mobile App Overhaul Includes Driver’s License Scanning, Multi-Item Checkout 17 May 2013
- Startup ZooZ Streamlines mCommerce, Launches In-Ad Payments 16 May 2013
- Groupon Claims Mobile Now Makes Up 45 Percent Of Transactions 13 May 2013
- What Retailers Want From Their Mobile Apps 04 April 2013
- Dickey’s Turns up the Heat in Cedar City 22 May 2013
- First Lady Michelle Obama Attends Announcement of a $1 Million Grant from American Express to the White House Historical Association to Preserve D.C.’s Decatur House 22 May 2013
- Indiana Business Bancorp Reports First Quarter Results 22 May 2013
- U.S. Bank ATMs Accepting Donations for American Red Cross Disaster Relief in Light of Oklahoma Tornado 22 May 2013
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Positive for Stewart Title Group’s Member Companies and Stewart Information Services Corporation 22 May 2013
- Research and Markets: Australia Electronic Cigarettes Market 2012-2016 - Discover the Factors Affecting Growth 22 May 2013
- 9 Budgeting Tips for Summer Travel Savings from Citizens Bank 22 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today's Top Stories