In 2003, a tablet meant a pill and showrooming involved cars. A lot's changed over the past decade in online commerce, and a recent infographic takes a fun look at how multichannel shopping has become the norm for consumers in 2013. How rare was a basic function like in-store pickup just 10 years ago?
Mobile shopping apps are often littered with fancy displays, gamification aspects and cool sharing features, but few offer an easy purchasing platform for those who actually want to transact on a mobile phone. Tinyview doesn't have that problem, and despite its simple design and functionality, it makes converting searches to sales as easy as can be. What are Tinyview's strengths and weaknesses?
Mobile is clearly poised to play a big part in retail strategy moving forward, but how fast to retail execs see the industry growing? A recent study by Artisan seeks to answer that question, as well as determine what those execs desire most from native mobile apps. What percentage of execs think mobile will grow faster than its eCommerce counterpart? We take a look in this PYMNTS Data Point.
Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
Silicon Valley entrepreneur and PayPal co-founder Max Levchin has launched a new mCommerce firm, Affirm, which offers a quick and simple online check out process. Acting as a digital charge card rather than a credit card, Affirm uses Facebook to authenticate customers at checkout.
We heard plenty of concerns from retailers over a growing showrooming trend this holiday season, but were their fears grounded in reality? According to a new ForeSee study, showrooming is certainly happening in stores across the country, but it may not be as prevalent as you think. What percentage of shoppers actually looks at competing mobile sites when they're in-store?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- eBay Doubles Mobile Shopping Levels Thanksgiving Weekend 09 December 2013
- Wi-Fi Network To Launch In NYC 06 December 2013
- Report: iOS Clear Choice For Developers, But Android Has Hope 04 December 2013
- Cyber Monday Mobile Retail Traffic Up 45% 02 December 2013
- Mobile Drives 53% Of Walmart’s Thanksgiving Traffic 02 December 2013
- Addwish Closes $1.8M Seed Funding Round 02 December 2013
- eBay Pushes App With Mobile Ads 29 November 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories