In 2003, a tablet meant a pill and showrooming involved cars. A lot's changed over the past decade in online commerce, and a recent infographic takes a fun look at how multichannel shopping has become the norm for consumers in 2013. How rare was a basic function like in-store pickup just 10 years ago?
Mobile shopping apps are often littered with fancy displays, gamification aspects and cool sharing features, but few offer an easy purchasing platform for those who actually want to transact on a mobile phone. Tinyview doesn't have that problem, and despite its simple design and functionality, it makes converting searches to sales as easy as can be. What are Tinyview's strengths and weaknesses?
Mobile is clearly poised to play a big part in retail strategy moving forward, but how fast to retail execs see the industry growing? A recent study by Artisan seeks to answer that question, as well as determine what those execs desire most from native mobile apps. What percentage of execs think mobile will grow faster than its eCommerce counterpart? We take a look in this PYMNTS Data Point.
Apple has thrown its hat into the indoor location-based technology ring with its $20 million purchase of WifiSLAM. How can in-store location info help merchants and retailers, and how does this help Apple compete with Google, Samsung and others?
Silicon Valley entrepreneur and PayPal co-founder Max Levchin has launched a new mCommerce firm, Affirm, which offers a quick and simple online check out process. Acting as a digital charge card rather than a credit card, Affirm uses Facebook to authenticate customers at checkout.
We heard plenty of concerns from retailers over a growing showrooming trend this holiday season, but were their fears grounded in reality? According to a new ForeSee study, showrooming is certainly happening in stores across the country, but it may not be as prevalent as you think. What percentage of shoppers actually looks at competing mobile sites when they're in-store?
Featured Reports - April
- SMBs Miss The Mark On Mobile Optimization 18 June 2013
- Encap Brings Two-Step Authentication To U.S. 14 June 2013
- eBay Now Gets Update For Apple, Teased For Android 13 June 2013
- Pew: One Third Of American Adults Own Tablets 12 June 2013
- Report: Omnichannel Spend On Rise Amidst Luxury Shoppers 06 June 2013
- Shopmium Raises $5.6 Million For Coupon Discovery App 05 June 2013
- Report: More Americans Are Taking On Shopping Apps 27 May 2013
- Fitch Affirms All Classes of UBS-BAMLL Trust 2012-WRM 19 June 2013
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Names Dinesh C. Paliwal to Board of Directors 19 June 2013
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated to Announce 2013 Second Quarter Earnings and Hold Earnings Conference Call July 18, 2013 19 June 2013
- A.M. Best Withdraws Ratings of BridgeSpan Health Company 19 June 2013
- Paychex Announces Health Care Reform Solutions and Resources to Help Ease the Burden on America’s Businesses 19 June 2013
- Chase-Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce Survey: Seattle Area Small Business Owners Significantly More Positive About Their Local Economy Than Small Business Owners Nationwide 19 June 2013
- Orchard Supply Hardware Receives Approval of First Day Motions Ensuring Business Continuity Throughout Its Restructuring and Sale Process 19 June 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Today's Top Stories