Citi Hong Kong has announced the release of its NFC-optimized mobile wallet, according to a report from Finextra on November 1. The 3 Citi Wallet is available for both iOS and Android operating systems. It includes security systems, transaction archiving and instant SMS alerts when payments are cleared. Read more.
Google has introduced platform support for NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation with the release of Android 4.4, Finextra reported on November 1. Google's mobile wallet has faced difficulties in the U.S., as carriers such as Verizon have refused to provide firmware support for its applications on the secure element in NFC chips. Read more.
Campus Nation Network and Loop have partnered to create a new mobile wallet targeted specifically toward college students, according to an October 30 press release. Known as Campus Loop, the mWallet will allow students, faculty and administration members to use their mobile devices to make payments at community merchants. Read more.
Samsung has announced a series of new partnerships that will expand the scope of its Samsung Wallet program, according to an October 29 report from Finextra. American Express, Virgin Airlines, Amtrak, eGifter, Thrillcall and United Airlines are among the companies that have signed deals with Samsung. Read more.
- Study: 16 Percent Of Consumers Use mWallets 04 March 2014
- Isis Model For mWallets Touted At MWC 27 February 2014
- Accenture Kicks Off New mWallet Platform 26 February 2014
- Inside MasterCard’s C-SAM Acquisition 24 February 2014
- Security A Key Fixture In New LoopWallet App 19 February 2014
- New Mobeam, Clutch mWallet Syncs With Laser Scanners 06 February 2014
- Isis Pitches Its mWallet To Wells Customers 06 February 2014
- Five Signs It’s a Scam! MoneyGram Spotlights Fraud Education 07 March 2014
- MasterCard and Visa Launch Cross-Industry Effort to Accelerate Payment Security 07 March 2014
- Bank of America to Report First-Quarter 2014 Financial Results on April 16 07 March 2014
- Charles Schwab and J.P. Morgan Extend Agreement Giving Schwab Clients Access to Municipal and Corporate Bond Issues 07 March 2014
- IndexIQ Announces March 2014 M&A Deal Holdings in IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF (Ticker: MNA) 07 March 2014
- MoneyGram to Present at Upcoming Investor Conference 07 March 2014
- BBC AMERICA’s Orphan Black Joins Lineup of Hit Shows Available Exclusively on Prime Instant Video 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories