Citi Hong Kong has announced the release of its NFC-optimized mobile wallet, according to a report from Finextra on November 1. The 3 Citi Wallet is available for both iOS and Android operating systems. It includes security systems, transaction archiving and instant SMS alerts when payments are cleared. Read more.
Google has introduced platform support for NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation with the release of Android 4.4, Finextra reported on November 1. Google's mobile wallet has faced difficulties in the U.S., as carriers such as Verizon have refused to provide firmware support for its applications on the secure element in NFC chips. Read more.
Campus Nation Network and Loop have partnered to create a new mobile wallet targeted specifically toward college students, according to an October 30 press release. Known as Campus Loop, the mWallet will allow students, faculty and administration members to use their mobile devices to make payments at community merchants. Read more.
Samsung has announced a series of new partnerships that will expand the scope of its Samsung Wallet program, according to an October 29 report from Finextra. American Express, Virgin Airlines, Amtrak, eGifter, Thrillcall and United Airlines are among the companies that have signed deals with Samsung. Read more.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- V.me By Visa Launches In Four New Markets 02 December 2013
- ISIS Completes Rocky Road To Nationwide Rollout 15 November 2013
- Report: Google Wallet’s Popularity Grows 05 November 2013
- GE, Gemalto Test NFC Mobile Wallets 04 November 2013
- Citi Hong Kong Releases NFC-Enabled Mobile Wallet 04 November 2013
- Google Wallet Bypasses Carriers With NFC Innovation 01 November 2013
- Campus Nation Network, Loop Partner For College mWallets 31 October 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories