A new report finds that two-thirds of retailers did not do enough to encourage their customers to spend this holiday season. However, despite this finding, there were some retailers who excelled. What separated Walmart, Macy's and more from the rest of the pack? We unlock the keys for retail success in our latest analysis.
Using the radio, GPS and Bluetooth technologies in smartphones, vendors in 2013 ventured closer to providing the frictionless, hands-free payment experience necessary to convince consumers to give up paying with plastic. The technology also potentially can enable merchants to market products and services to consumers directly via their phones. In 2014, we could learn whether merchants and consumers find the advanced mobile payment and marketing capabilities to their liking, or whether they represent just another overly hyped mobile service.
Merchants are investing heavily in mobile loyalty programs that drive consumer engagement and generate eCommerce activity. Yub, however, is looking to change how consumers redeem rewards points by forming a mobile bridge between online and offline purchases. As Yub co-founder Alex Rampell explains, consumers are happy to get more mileage out of their credit cards as long as there is a positive - and secure - means of doing so.
Google, Facebook, Yelp. Together, they're an exclusive group, the upper-echelon of tech companies that have upended traditional industries, and its this very group that Wisely is vying for entrance to. By unlocking consumer access to payments and spending data, Wisely aims to provide a real-time decision-making engine consumers and merchants can leverage to shop better. How does Wisely intend to expand to help consumers and businesses travel, invest and live Wisely? Wisely CEO Mike Vichich explains.
Calling all new product launches! Do you want your moment in the spotlight? Will March 2014 be the right time to tell the world about your new idea, product, solution or innovation? Well, if so, we have an opportunity for you to get in front of the most elite players in payments and commerce.
eCommerce sector continued to grow by leaps and bounds in 2013, becoming the new normal for U.S. consumers. However, less notable stakeholders also made inroads abroad, while a collection of smaller eCommerce enablers popped up at home. Who are these eCommerce companies that may have missed your eye? We give you 10 notable names in the latest of our 12 Days of Christmas series.
- Mobile Named Top Ad Trend For 2014 03 January 2014
- The Top 5 Holiday Retailers Revealed 02 January 2014
- iOS Trumps Android In Holiday Shopping Showdown 30 December 2013
- General Catalyst Raises $675M For New Fund 27 December 2013
- 2014: Will Merchants Beckon For Beacons? 26 December 2013
- Yub Takes Mobile Loyalty Offline 23 December 2013
- US Bank Developing Instant Shopping App 23 December 2013
- Research and Markets: Market Research: Consumer Book Publishing Industry Report (UK) 11 March 2014
- iAffiliate Management Makes Strategic Hire with Industry Veteran Mike Allen Joining Client Development Team 10 March 2014
- Primerica, Inc. Executives to Present at Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2014 Smid Cap Conference 10 March 2014
- Fifth Third Bancorp to Announce First Quarter 2014 Results, Host Conference Call on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM 10 March 2014
- FreedomPay Names Marc Pereira Vice President of Technology 10 March 2014
- Certain DWS Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly Distributions 10 March 2014
- Casey's Third Quarter Sales Remain Strong During Difficult Weather 10 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Monday, March 10, 2014
Today's Top Stories