While many consumers are turning to prepaid cards as a banking alternative, choosing the right provider for your needs can be overwhelming. A recent survey of prepaid debit cards breaks down the fees and looks to show how the market has changed - or in some cases, remained stagnant - over the past 12 months. How many cards charge a monthly fee and how many let you check your balance for free?
Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster spoke with Beth Horowitz, SVP, Global Marketing Solutions for Discover, about prepaid's ascent, and how Discover is taking advantage of the growing trend. What are some of the creative new ways in which prepaid is being offered?
Last week TSYS made headlines with the announcement of its acquisition of prepaid card provider NetSpend. MPD CEO Karen Websterspoke with Troy Woods, President and COO of TSYS, and Dan Henry, CEO of NetSpend, to find out more about what motivated the acquisition, what it means for TSYS to acquire a consumer brand, and what NetSpend will bring to TSYS' foothold on prepaid.
PYMNTS.com spoke with Patrice Peyret, Plastyc CEO, about Plastyc's unique approach to check deposits, the CFPB's interest in his company, and why prepaid accounts are taking the place of their traditional checking counterparts.
What do Justin Bieber, Suze Oreman and the Kardashians have in common? Well, probably more than we care to know about, but for the sake of payments, they all represent or own their own prepaid brands. Do celebrity endorsements really help advance prepaid card adoption? Would you pay more in monthly fees for Bieber branding?
How does Waspit's social integration attract users, and how is it looking to advance the NFC industry? PYMNTS.com spoke with Richard Steggall, Waspit's CEO, to learn.
- InComm Brings Rent Payments To Retail And Gift Cards To Asia 27 February 2014
- The Banks And Prepaid – Round 2 25 February 2014
- T-Mobile Launches Prepaid Card 06 February 2014
- Thieves Target $10,000 in Wal-Mart Prepaid Cards 31 January 2014
- i2c CEO: "Prepaid Products Target the Wrong Customers" 17 July 2013
- What TSYS And NetSpend Will Bring To Prepaid 08 July 2013
- MasterCard Debuts Cash Passport For Canadians 27 June 2013
- National Survey Shows Most Job Seekers Don’t Understand Affordable Care Act; More Than Half of Millennials Who Need Healthcare Unaware of Impending March 31 Deadline 11 March 2014
- Ceiba Solutions' AppPulse Provides a Real-time Look into Customer Feedback on Mobile Apps 11 March 2014
- MoneyGram Joins CONCACAF Champions League as Sponsor for 2014 Fixtures 11 March 2014
- Ben’s Cycle Announces Significantly Improved 2013 Holiday Numbers with Hawk Search, a Thanx Media Site Search Solution 11 March 2014
- Wells Fargo Launches Online Magazine 11 March 2014
- Gulf Bay Consulting Announces Social Mobile Engagement Conference Coming to Tampa September 2014 11 March 2014
- Trust Company of America Names Debbie Wapensky as CFO 11 March 2014
- View More Headlines >