Despite the launch of Touch ID, Apple is taking it slow in offering its biometric service to the masses. Other companies, however, may not be as patient, and some are moving quickly to capitalize on an upswing in market interest. Is biometrics ready to meet the challenge of a large-scale rollout or will the solution to a simpler online checkout remain unanswered? PYMNTS.com explores in this brand new report.
Killed off five years ago with the sudden demise of Pay By Touch, biometric payments at the point of sale may soon be resurrected. A Spanish company is testing its own fingerprint biometric system in South Dakota. But, can it compete with the many other new payment technologies vying for merchants' attention? Read More.
This series is designed to provide insight, analysis and points of view about the issues and options related to security and risk in a digital/mobile environment. From the networks’ recent announcement of a tokenization framework, to providers offering point-to-point encryption, to cloud-based EMV, to PIN-based transactions to everything in between - this series will feature the latest on what’s needed to ensure secure payments' transactions regardless of how those payments are made or which method of payment is used. Read more.
Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- JPMorgan: 456K Prepaid Card Users Potentially Compromised 06 December 2013
- Feds Mull Facial Recognition Tech Protections 06 December 2013
- Report: Apple Testing Facial Recognition 04 December 2013
- RBS Hit With Cyber Monday IT Outage 03 December 2013
- ANZ Experiments With Voice Biometrics For Call Centers 02 December 2013
- Report: Business Cyberattacks To Worsen In 2014 29 November 2013
- Innovations We’re Thankful For: Biometrics 28 November 2013
- Federal Court Approves $500 Million Countrywide MBS Settlement Agreement 06 December 2013
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer 06 December 2013
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Celebrates 85 Years 06 December 2013
- Wells Fargo & Company Announces Final Results of Note Exchange Offers 06 December 2013
- Bank of America to Report Fourth-Quarter 2013 Financial Results on January 15 06 December 2013
- Governor Corbett Joins Sallie Mae to Announce New Jobs in Pennsylvania 06 December 2013
- Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement Reached Yesterday for Anonymous Hackers That Took Down PayPal with DDoS Attack in 2010 06 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, December 6, 2013
Today's Top Stories