Despite the launch of Touch ID, Apple is taking it slow in offering its biometric service to the masses. Other companies, however, may not be as patient, and some are moving quickly to capitalize on an upswing in market interest. Is biometrics ready to meet the challenge of a large-scale rollout or will the solution to a simpler online checkout remain unanswered? PYMNTS.com explores in this brand new report.
Killed off five years ago with the sudden demise of Pay By Touch, biometric payments at the point of sale may soon be resurrected. A Spanish company is testing its own fingerprint biometric system in South Dakota. But, can it compete with the many other new payment technologies vying for merchants' attention? Read More.
This series is designed to provide insight, analysis and points of view about the issues and options related to security and risk in a digital/mobile environment. From the networks’ recent announcement of a tokenization framework, to providers offering point-to-point encryption, to cloud-based EMV, to PIN-based transactions to everything in between - this series will feature the latest on what’s needed to ensure secure payments' transactions regardless of how those payments are made or which method of payment is used. Read more.
Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
- As More Merchants Deal With Breaches, Congress Moves Along Its Own Learning Curve 08 March 2014
- Cardinal Commerce eCommerce Technology Granted U.S. Patent 07 March 2014
- CA Technologies’ Mann: Mobile Commerce Still Evolving Without A Clear Leader 06 March 2014
- Sally Beauty The Latest Major Card Breach Victim 06 March 2014
- Target CIO Steps Down 06 March 2014
- More Lawmakers Hear From Industry On Payments Security 06 March 2014
- Kount’s Wiskirchen: Mobile Catches Online Companies Off Guard 06 March 2014
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories