Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
The California Supreme Court ruled in favor of Apple over the Superior Court this week, determining that the technology giant was within its legal rights to ask for telephone numbers and address information from consumers making online purchases from iTunes. What does this ruling mean for the Pineda v. Williams-Sonoma Stores, Inc. case of 2011, and how might it affect eCommerce companies moving forward? Paul Hastings LLP Attorney Thomas Brown explains.
Payments processing is a messy and complicated business, but by bringing all of its aspects under one roof, Bluefin Payments is helping to simplify what's becoming an increasingly complex industry. PYMNTS.com spoke with John Perry, Bluefin President and CEO, and Ruston Myles, SVP of Business Development, eCommerce Division, to find out more about Bluefin, their approach to payments, and why they decided go beyond the traditional payment getaway.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
Featured Reports - April
- Rakuten.com Shopping Partners ReD For Fraud Prevention 15 May 2013
- Caribbean, Latin American Banks See Cybercrime Boom 09 May 2013
- Fraud Oracle Launches New Fraud Score Service 08 May 2013
- Ingenico, Heartland Payments Partner For EMV Solution 03 May 2013
- Prime Factors Announces EMV Education Series 30 April 2013
- 50 Million LivingSocial Accounts Compromised By Hacking 29 April 2013
- Nationwide Sees Second Online Outage Of Week 29 April 2013
- Most Effective Marketers in North America: According to 2013 Effie Effectiveness Index 23 May 2013
- C-SAM and TrustNordics Partner for NFC-Enabled Turnkey Mobile Wallets 23 May 2013
- FinCapDev $100K Demo Day Slated for June 18 in San Francisco 23 May 2013
- DeNA Extends Agreement with Hasbro to Develop G.I. JOE: BATTLEGROUND and Dungeons & Dragons Arena of War 23 May 2013
- Communications Technology Leader Bandwidth Names PAN Communications Agency of Record 23 May 2013
- Tuesday, June 4 – Wednesday, June 5 CISAC’s World Creators Summit “Create – Connect – Respect” 23 May 2013
- Jeffrey W. Hayzlett, Best-Selling Author, and John Gagnon, Bing Evangelist, to be Keynote Speakers at SES Toronto 2013 23 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Today's Top Stories