Card-not-present (CNP) fraud continues to escalate in the U.S., and studies show this upswing is directly tied to Europe's successful EMV migration. Yet, even as the ecosystem for issuers and merchants becomes less secure, EMV continues to meet resistance in the U.S. Why is the time now for EMV, and what can merchants and card networks do to spur adoption?
Ingenico and payments processor Heartland Payments Systems have partnered to develop E3- and EMV-capable attended terminals, reports Finextra.
Heartland has selected Ingenico’s Telium2 software for its new terminals and PIN pads, which it plans to deploy in the U.S. beginning in Q4 2013.
As the U.S. EMV deadlines loom, the temptation issuers face to send their EMV data prep to a third party bureau is great. Prime Factors today is helping put an end to that practice, announcing the release of their new EMV data prep module for the Bank Card Security System (BCSS), allowing issuers to keep their EMV prep data in-house. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dave Tushie, product manager for BCSS at Prime Factors, to learn more about Prime Factors’ new solution, and to understand what his company saw in the market that led them to develop such a solution. Read More
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
PYMNTs.com spoke with Philippe Benitez, vice president of marketing, Secure Transactions for Gemalto North America to get a basic breakdown of what the transition to EMV entails. How will the coming fraud liability shift affect the industry, and what can consumers gain from EMV?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, who gave us a sneak peak at what his company is planning for retail's biggest event, The National Retail Federation's annual convention. How will NFC and EMV drive the conversation, and what does "reinventing checkout" really mean?
- EMVCo Publishes Tokenization Framework Specs 12 March 2014
- National Retail Federation to Credit Card Issuers: Do More to Prevent Fraud 11 March 2014
- To EMV Or Not To EMV 05 March 2014
- Visa: EMV Doesn't Need PIN 19 February 2014
- EMV Now Seems Assured; Should U.S. Payments Firms Readjust And Stick To Their Roots? 06 February 2014
- Costs Led To Target’s EMV Abandonment 23 January 2014
- MasterCard’s Balfany: There’s No Silver Bullet, But Security Tools Do Work 22 January 2014
- SimCorp Appoints New Managing Director of United Kingdom, Ireland & Middle East Business 12 March 2014
- Alegeus Technologies Announces Speakers and General Session Topics for 2014 Client Conference 12 March 2014
- Pioneer Home Audio Video Receivers First to Incorporate Latest HDMI Specification for Access to Higher Quality Video and Audio Entertainment 12 March 2014
- MoneyGram Services Now Available at Debenhams’ Multichannel Department Stores 12 March 2014
- Investor Optimism Rises, Driven by the Bright Outlook of Retirees, According to Wells Fargo 12 March 2014
- Amazon Publishing Launches German-Language Publishing Program 12 March 2014
- Demand for Energy, Food and Housing Creates Opportunity for Investors, Says U.S. Trust in 2014 Outlook on Non-financial Assets 12 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
- Adblock Plus Expands Anti-Tracking Privacy Tool 8 hours ago
- First Data Releases February 2014 SpendTrend Analysis 8 hours ago
- MasterCard to Participate in Barclays Conference 8 hours ago
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Appoints 350 Dedicated Club Managers Worldwide to Further Enhance the Sheraton Club Experience 8 hours ago
- Nimble Brings Immediate Intelligence to Relationships with New Smart Summary of Contacts 8 hours ago
- Former Cisco Executive Barry OSullivan Brings Unified Communications and Contact Center Experience to Altocloud 8 hours ago
- ACI Worldwide Makes Real-Time, Any-to-Any Payments a Reality for Payment Operators 8 hours ago
- Groupon Searchlight Events Offer Freebies at Top San Francisco Businesses Tonight 8 hours ago
- TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. Announces Public Offering 8 hours ago
- Caesars Entertainment Expands Deployment of Agilysys InfoGenesis POS System to All of Its U.S. Properties 8 hours ago