Card-not-present (CNP) fraud continues to escalate in the U.S., and studies show this upswing is directly tied to Europe's successful EMV migration. Yet, even as the ecosystem for issuers and merchants becomes less secure, EMV continues to meet resistance in the U.S. Why is the time now for EMV, and what can merchants and card networks do to spur adoption?
Ingenico and payments processor Heartland Payments Systems have partnered to develop E3- and EMV-capable attended terminals, reports Finextra.
Heartland has selected Ingenico’s Telium2 software for its new terminals and PIN pads, which it plans to deploy in the U.S. beginning in Q4 2013.
As the U.S. EMV deadlines loom, the temptation issuers face to send their EMV data prep to a third party bureau is great. Prime Factors today is helping put an end to that practice, announcing the release of their new EMV data prep module for the Bank Card Security System (BCSS), allowing issuers to keep their EMV prep data in-house. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dave Tushie, product manager for BCSS at Prime Factors, to learn more about Prime Factors’ new solution, and to understand what his company saw in the market that led them to develop such a solution. Read More
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
PYMNTs.com spoke with Philippe Benitez, vice president of marketing, Secure Transactions for Gemalto North America to get a basic breakdown of what the transition to EMV entails. How will the coming fraud liability shift affect the industry, and what can consumers gain from EMV?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, who gave us a sneak peak at what his company is planning for retail's biggest event, The National Retail Federation's annual convention. How will NFC and EMV drive the conversation, and what does "reinventing checkout" really mean?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Europe's EMV Transition Forces Fraud Abroad 08 August 2013
- Moving From Magnetic Stripe To EMV: The Impact On Acquiring Payment Processors 31 July 2013
- Ingenico, Heartland Payments Partner For EMV Solution 03 May 2013
- Prime Factors Announces EMV Education Series 30 April 2013
- WorldPay US Completes EMV Certification For Visa 18 April 2013
- MasterCard, National ATM Council Update EMV Liability Shift Plan 12 April 2013
- Prime Factors Helps Issuers Keep EMV Data In-House 02 April 2013
- Shareholder Rights Law Firm Johnson & Weaver, LLP Announces Investigation of Certain Officers and Directors of The Western Union Company 10 December 2013
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against the Western Union Company 10 December 2013
- Kroll Bond Ratings Affirms Ratings on All Classes of JPMCC 2011-PLSD 10 December 2013
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend 10 December 2013
- Certain DWS Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly Distributions 10 December 2013
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Declare Capital Gain Distribution 10 December 2013
- US Foods Announces Consent Solicitation for 8.5% Senior Notes Due 2019 10 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
- Shareholder Rights Law Firm Johnson & Weaver, LLP Announces Investigation of Certain Officers and Directors of The Western Union Company 23 hours ago
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against the Western Union Company 23 hours ago
- Kroll Bond Ratings Affirms Ratings on All Classes of JPMCC 2011-PLSD 23 hours ago
- Certain DWS Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly Distributions 23 hours ago
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend 23 hours ago
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Declare Capital Gain Distribution 23 hours ago
- US Foods Announces Consent Solicitation for 8.5% Senior Notes Due 2019 23 hours ago
- Delek Logistics Partners, LP to Participate in the Wells Fargo Energy Symposium 23 hours ago
- Delek US Holdings to Participate in the Wells Fargo Energy Symposium 23 hours ago
- Banno Adds Director of Product Strategy, Derik Sutton 23 hours ago