As the U.S. EMV deadlines loom, the temptation issuers face to send their EMV data prep to a third party bureau is great. Prime Factors today is helping put an end to that practice, announcing the release of their new EMV data prep module for the Bank Card Security System (BCSS), allowing issuers to keep their EMV prep data in-house. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dave Tushie, product manager for BCSS at Prime Factors, to learn more about Prime Factors' new solution, and to understand what his company saw in the market that led them to develop such a solution.
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
PYMNTs.com spoke with Philippe Benitez, vice president of marketing, Secure Transactions for Gemalto North America to get a basic breakdown of what the transition to EMV entails. How will the coming fraud liability shift affect the industry, and what can consumers gain from EMV?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, who gave us a sneak peak at what his company is planning for retail's biggest event, The National Retail Federation's annual convention. How will NFC and EMV drive the conversation, and what does "reinventing checkout" really mean?
As EMV adoption continues to rise, some sticky issues, like concerns about fraud liability and terminal upgrade expense, still need addressing. We talk to VeriFone Vice President David Talach for answers. Read More
Featured Reports - April
- Ingenico, Heartland Payments Partner For EMV Solution 03 May 2013
- Prime Factors Announces EMV Education Series 30 April 2013
- WorldPay US Completes EMV Certification For Visa 18 April 2013
- MasterCard, National ATM Council Update EMV Liability Shift Plan 12 April 2013
- Prime Factors Helps Issuers Keep EMV Data In-House 02 April 2013
- Fime America Opens San Francisco Office To Assist With Looming EMV Deadline 05 March 2013
- Risk Expert Questions U.S. EMV Migration 15 February 2013
- Mark your Calendars for Dickey’s Two Day Event 21 May 2013
- Discover Financial Services to Present at Deutsche Bank Global Financial Services Investor Conference 21 May 2013
- Chase to Donate up to $500,000 for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 21 May 2013
- EVERTEC Nominated as a Finalist for 2013 Informatica Corporation Innovation Awards 21 May 2013
- Elam M. Hitchner, III Joins CSS Industries’ Board of Directors 21 May 2013
- Amazon Announces Winners in Sixth Annual Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 21 May 2013
- CSS Industries, Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend 21 May 2013
- View More Headlines >