Card-not-present (CNP) fraud continues to escalate in the U.S., and studies show this upswing is directly tied to Europe's successful EMV migration. Yet, even as the ecosystem for issuers and merchants becomes less secure, EMV continues to meet resistance in the U.S. Why is the time now for EMV, and what can merchants and card networks do to spur adoption?
Ingenico and payments processor Heartland Payments Systems have partnered to develop E3- and EMV-capable attended terminals, reports Finextra.
Heartland has selected Ingenico’s Telium2 software for its new terminals and PIN pads, which it plans to deploy in the U.S. beginning in Q4 2013.
As the U.S. EMV deadlines loom, the temptation issuers face to send their EMV data prep to a third party bureau is great. Prime Factors today is helping put an end to that practice, announcing the release of their new EMV data prep module for the Bank Card Security System (BCSS), allowing issuers to keep their EMV prep data in-house. PYMNTS.com spoke with Dave Tushie, product manager for BCSS at Prime Factors, to learn more about Prime Factors’ new solution, and to understand what his company saw in the market that led them to develop such a solution. Read More
Prime Factors' latest white paper points out the benefits of in-house data preparation for secure EMV card issuance. The white paper helps issuers understand risks of giving up control of cardholder data and keys for EMV data preparation. Compared to magnetic stripe data preparation, EMV requires complex key management. Issuers can reduce risk by generating EMV data preparation files in-house and sending them securely to a service bureau for production of personalized cards.
PYMNTs.com spoke with Philippe Benitez, vice president of marketing, Secure Transactions for Gemalto North America to get a basic breakdown of what the transition to EMV entails. How will the coming fraud liability shift affect the industry, and what can consumers gain from EMV?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM, who gave us a sneak peak at what his company is planning for retail's biggest event, The National Retail Federation's annual convention. How will NFC and EMV drive the conversation, and what does "reinventing checkout" really mean?
- To EMV Or Not To EMV 05 March 2014
- Visa: EMV Doesn't Need PIN 19 February 2014
- EMV Now Seems Assured; Should U.S. Payments Firms Readjust And Stick To Their Roots? 06 February 2014
- Costs Led To Target’s EMV Abandonment 23 January 2014
- MasterCard’s Balfany: There’s No Silver Bullet, But Security Tools Do Work 22 January 2014
- 3 Reasons EMV Won't Happen In The U.S. 09 January 2014
- Behind Discover's EMVCo Ambitions 09 January 2014
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay® Makeover Day 08 March 2014
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 08 March 2014
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It up for Mary Kay Makeover Day 1 day ago
- US Foods to Hold Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results 1 day ago
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 2 days ago
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 2 days ago
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 2 days ago
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carsons Clearance Center Opening 2 days ago
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 2 days ago
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is Americas #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 2 days ago
- Citi Announces Increased Support for Vital Voices Global Partnership, Celebrates International Womens Day Across the Globe 2 days ago
- Calpian, Inc. to Present at 26th Annual ROTH Conference on Mar 12, 2014, in Laguna Niguel CA, US 2 days ago