Those on all side of the mPayments ecosystem need to ensure the security of mobile payments, but the consumer's experience during such a payment is important as well. That's the message delivered by Geoff Keast, Director, Emerging Financial Markets, ABnote North America, who breaks down why finding the balance between security and usability is so important. How can payments stay secure as more locations accept NFC?
Payments processing is a messy and complicated business, but by bringing all of its aspects under one roof, Bluefin Payments is helping to simplify what's becoming an increasingly complex industry. PYMNTS.com spoke with John Perry, Bluefin President and CEO, and Ruston Myles, SVP of Business Development, eCommerce Division, to find out more about Bluefin, their approach to payments, and why they decided go beyond the traditional payment getaway.
The California Supreme Court ruled in favor of Apple over the Superior Court this week, determining that the technology giant was within its legal rights to ask for telephone numbers and address information from consumers making online purchases from iTunes. What does this ruling mean for the Pineda v. Williams-Sonoma Stores, Inc. case of 2011, and how might it affect eCommerce companies moving forward? Paul Hastings LLP Attorney Thomas Brown explains.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
According to a New York Times report, U.S. officials believe Iran to be behind the massive DDoS attacks that have crippled several major U.S. banks websites since last September, and which threaten to further damage American online banking infrastructure. How has the U.S. come to this conclusion, and how does the Iranian malware work?
As a global digital security powerhouse active in 190 countries, Gemalto's ability to protect those in a "digital society" is key. In this PYMNTS.com exclusive, Gemalto CEO Oliver Piou spoke with Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster about the transition to such a society and how it's not only changing the payments industry, but also changing lives. Learn which technology Gemalto sees winning the mobile wallet wars, how the U.S. is expected to handle EMV migration and more.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Banks, Consumers Battle Over Fraud Liability 29 July 2013
- Balancing The Need For Payments Safety, Security and Innovation 11 July 2013
- 50 Million LivingSocial Accounts Compromised By Hacking 29 April 2013
- Facebanx Develops Online Facial Recognition Tech For Banks 24 April 2013
- Major Credit Card Fraud Ring Busted In Romania 29 March 2013
- Payments Processing: Simplified And Customized 04 March 2013
- Innovation, Security And The Pope: The Week That Was In Payments Tweets 15 February 2013
- Oakland’s Renewed Broadway Corridor Creates 300 New Jobs, 30 New Businesses 12 December 2013
- Kabam's Hit Mobile Game Blastron Now Also Offered in Browsers via Facebook 12 December 2013
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Negative for Germania Mutual Group’s Members 12 December 2013
- A.M. Best Upgrades Issuer Credit Ratings of Members of Western National Insurance Group 12 December 2013
- Experience Polynesian Culture with Groupon 12 December 2013
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Stable for Chautauqua Patrons Insurance Company 12 December 2013
- SideTour Arrives in San Francisco, Offering Rare Experiences with Local Mavens 12 December 2013
- View More Headlines >