Those on all side of the mPayments ecosystem need to ensure the security of mobile payments, but the consumer's experience during such a payment is important as well. That's the message delivered by Geoff Keast, Director, Emerging Financial Markets, ABnote North America, who breaks down why finding the balance between security and usability is so important. How can payments stay secure as more locations accept NFC?
Payments processing is a messy and complicated business, but by bringing all of its aspects under one roof, Bluefin Payments is helping to simplify what's becoming an increasingly complex industry. PYMNTS.com spoke with John Perry, Bluefin President and CEO, and Ruston Myles, SVP of Business Development, eCommerce Division, to find out more about Bluefin, their approach to payments, and why they decided go beyond the traditional payment getaway.
The California Supreme Court ruled in favor of Apple over the Superior Court this week, determining that the technology giant was within its legal rights to ask for telephone numbers and address information from consumers making online purchases from iTunes. What does this ruling mean for the Pineda v. Williams-Sonoma Stores, Inc. case of 2011, and how might it affect eCommerce companies moving forward? Paul Hastings LLP Attorney Thomas Brown explains.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
According to a New York Times report, U.S. officials believe Iran to be behind the massive DDoS attacks that have crippled several major U.S. banks websites since last September, and which threaten to further damage American online banking infrastructure. How has the U.S. come to this conclusion, and how does the Iranian malware work?
As a global digital security powerhouse active in 190 countries, Gemalto's ability to protect those in a "digital society" is key. In this PYMNTS.com exclusive, Gemalto CEO Oliver Piou spoke with Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster about the transition to such a society and how it's not only changing the payments industry, but also changing lives. Learn which technology Gemalto sees winning the mobile wallet wars, how the U.S. is expected to handle EMV migration and more.
Featured Reports - April
- 50 Million LivingSocial Accounts Compromised By Hacking 29 April 2013
- Facebanx Develops Online Facial Recognition Tech For Banks 24 April 2013
- Major Credit Card Fraud Ring Busted In Romania 29 March 2013
- Payments Processing: Simplified And Customized 04 March 2013
- Innovation, Security And The Pope: The Week That Was In Payments Tweets 15 February 2013
- PayPal, Lenovo, Nok Nok Labs, Validity Focus On FIDO Compliance 13 February 2013
- What Apple’s Information Win Means For All Of eCommerce 07 February 2013
- Benjamin Ling Joins the Khosla Ventures Team 23 May 2013
- Bank of America to Participate in the Sanford C. Bernstein 29th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 23 May 2013
- Customers Select Kount to Repeat as Top Fraud/Security Solution at CNP Expo 23 May 2013
- Most Effective Marketers in North America: According to 2013 Effie Effectiveness Index 23 May 2013
- C-SAM and TrustNordics Partner for NFC-Enabled Turnkey Mobile Wallets 23 May 2013
- FinCapDev $100K Demo Day Slated for June 18 in San Francisco 23 May 2013
- DeNA Extends Agreement with Hasbro to Develop G.I. JOE: BATTLEGROUND and Dungeons & Dragons Arena of War 23 May 2013
- View More Headlines >