Those on all side of the mPayments ecosystem need to ensure the security of mobile payments, but the consumer's experience during such a payment is important as well. That's the message delivered by Geoff Keast, Director, Emerging Financial Markets, ABnote North America, who breaks down why finding the balance between security and usability is so important. How can payments stay secure as more locations accept NFC?
Payments processing is a messy and complicated business, but by bringing all of its aspects under one roof, Bluefin Payments is helping to simplify what's becoming an increasingly complex industry. PYMNTS.com spoke with John Perry, Bluefin President and CEO, and Ruston Myles, SVP of Business Development, eCommerce Division, to find out more about Bluefin, their approach to payments, and why they decided go beyond the traditional payment getaway.
The California Supreme Court ruled in favor of Apple over the Superior Court this week, determining that the technology giant was within its legal rights to ask for telephone numbers and address information from consumers making online purchases from iTunes. What does this ruling mean for the Pineda v. Williams-Sonoma Stores, Inc. case of 2011, and how might it affect eCommerce companies moving forward? Paul Hastings LLP Attorney Thomas Brown explains.
You're likely familiar with some basic steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft, but some others may surprise you. Did you know that the information you throw away can be just as damaging as what you put online? Do you know what happened to your old computer hard drive when you changed devices? Cintas breaks down some of the most common ways thieves can snatch your identity, and tells you how to protect yourself from a growing criminal trend.
According to a New York Times report, U.S. officials believe Iran to be behind the massive DDoS attacks that have crippled several major U.S. banks websites since last September, and which threaten to further damage American online banking infrastructure. How has the U.S. come to this conclusion, and how does the Iranian malware work?
As a global digital security powerhouse active in 190 countries, Gemalto's ability to protect those in a "digital society" is key. In this PYMNTS.com exclusive, Gemalto CEO Oliver Piou spoke with Market Platform Dynamics CEO Karen Webster about the transition to such a society and how it's not only changing the payments industry, but also changing lives. Learn which technology Gemalto sees winning the mobile wallet wars, how the U.S. is expected to handle EMV migration and more.
- New Security Group A Good Move, But Let’s Keep The Discussions Open 10 March 2014
- Cardinal Commerce eCommerce Technology Granted U.S. Patent 07 March 2014
- EVO Payments, MagTek Ink Security Agreement 28 February 2014
- Can Software Make Payments Smarter and More Secure? 26 February 2014
- Bank Of America Joins FIDO Alliance, Named To Board 26 February 2014
- CA Technologies Announces Samsung KNOX Integration 26 February 2014
- Fighting Fraud Behind the Scenes 26 February 2014
- TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC Corp. Completes Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of Option to Purchase Additional Shares 11 March 2014
- Introducing ChannelAdvisor Digital Marketing: A Retail-Focused Answer to the Complicated World of Online Advertising 11 March 2014
- ChannelAdvisor Integrates with Alibaba Group’s Tmall.com Platform, Opens New Cross-Border Trade Route 11 March 2014
- Papa Murphy’s Holdings, Inc. Announces Filing of Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering 11 March 2014
- Kirby McInerney LLP Files Lawsuit Alleging Five Banks Fixed Gold Benchmark 11 March 2014
- Vistaprint to Present at the 2014 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Smid Conference 11 March 2014
- Regional Management Corp. Announces Fourth Quarter 2013 Results 11 March 2014
- View More Headlines >