Timing, they say, is everything, and now just might be the time for security solutions like biometric and private key authentication to find their day in the sun. These nascent technologies have been given the nod by two standards bodies charged with promoting uniformity and adherence to best practices. In this story, we profile both to shed light on this developing space and its effect on online commerce. Read More.
With the April 15 deadline right around the corner, now is as good a time as ever to make sure you're protecting yourself against a growing trend: tax refund fraud. How do fraudsters steal returns from millions of Americans every year, and what steps can you take to avoid becoming a victim? PYMNTS.com spoke with Max Anhoury, VP of global sales at iovation, to learn more.
Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Shuman Ghosemajumder, vice president of strategy at Shape Security, and learned that Shape's crime-fighting strategy is simple: change the economics behind cyber attacks to make them less appealing.
Online fraud is growing in both frequency and sophistication. Dangerous forms of malware appear nearly every day, as organized fraudsters and hackers plot new schemes to defeat outdated defenses. How can you use changing trends in the threat landscape and available technologies to spot zero-day attacks and more?
Find Out Here
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- RBS Hit With Cyber Monday IT Outage 03 December 2013
- Report: Business Cyberattacks To Worsen In 2014 29 November 2013
- Personal Finance App BillGuard Launches 27 November 2013
- ATM Heisters Arrested In New York City 20 November 2013
- Index’s $7M Series A Includes Eric Schmidt 20 November 2013
- Bitcoin-Seeking Hackers Terrorize U.K. SMBs 19 November 2013
- Standards Bodies Set Sights On Biometrics, Online Authentication 19 November 2013
- Cartwheel Register Mobile Checkout App Begins Beta Testing 04 December 2013
- TeamViewer® Announces Launch of TeamViewer 9 04 December 2013
- NASA Federal Credit Union Chooses CetoLogic’s C³ Financial to Manage Currency & Coin 04 December 2013
- Prophet Welcomes Former Continuum CEO Harry West as Senior Partner 04 December 2013
- UPS Capital® Improves C.O.D. Services to Help Small Businesses Manage Cash, Customer Relationships 04 December 2013
- Celerant Technology Takes Top Spots in RIS LeaderBoard for 10th Year in a Row 04 December 2013
- Elan Expands Advantage Points Debit Rewards Program with Merchant Funded Components 04 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Today's Top Stories