Timing, they say, is everything, and now just might be the time for security solutions like biometric and private key authentication to find their day in the sun. These nascent technologies have been given the nod by two standards bodies charged with promoting uniformity and adherence to best practices. In this story, we profile both to shed light on this developing space and its effect on online commerce. Read More.
With the April 15 deadline right around the corner, now is as good a time as ever to make sure you're protecting yourself against a growing trend: tax refund fraud. How do fraudsters steal returns from millions of Americans every year, and what steps can you take to avoid becoming a victim? PYMNTS.com spoke with Max Anhoury, VP of global sales at iovation, to learn more.
Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Shuman Ghosemajumder, vice president of strategy at Shape Security, and learned that Shape's crime-fighting strategy is simple: change the economics behind cyber attacks to make them less appealing.
Online fraud is growing in both frequency and sophistication. Dangerous forms of malware appear nearly every day, as organized fraudsters and hackers plot new schemes to defeat outdated defenses. How can you use changing trends in the threat landscape and available technologies to spot zero-day attacks and more?
Find Out Here
- For Feedzai’s Sebastiao, Space Work Turns To Fraud Detection 10 March 2014
- CA Technologies’ Mann: Mobile Commerce Still Evolving Without A Clear Leader 06 March 2014
- Sally Beauty The Latest Major Card Breach Victim 06 March 2014
- More Lawmakers Hear From Industry On Payments Security 06 March 2014
- Kount’s Wiskirchen: Mobile Catches Online Companies Off Guard 06 March 2014
- SecureBuy Creates A ‘Frictionless’ Payment-Fraud Solution 05 March 2014
- Preventing Online Fraud and Building Customer Trust 05 March 2014
- iAffiliate Management Makes Strategic Hire with Industry Veteran Mike Allen Joining Client Development Team 10 March 2014
- Primerica, Inc. Executives to Present at Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2014 Smid Cap Conference 10 March 2014
- Fifth Third Bancorp to Announce First Quarter 2014 Results, Host Conference Call on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM 10 March 2014
- FreedomPay Names Marc Pereira Vice President of Technology 10 March 2014
- Certain DWS Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly Distributions 10 March 2014
- Casey's Third Quarter Sales Remain Strong During Difficult Weather 10 March 2014
- Siemens and Trintech to Discuss ROI of Finance Automation at IQPC Shared Services Conference 10 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Monday, March 10, 2014
Today's Top Stories