With the April 15 deadline right around the corner, now is as good a time as ever to make sure you're protecting yourself against a growing trend: tax refund fraud. How do fraudsters steal returns from millions of Americans every year, and what steps can you take to avoid becoming a victim? PYMNTS.com spoke with Max Anhoury, VP of global sales at iovation, to learn more.
Merchants and retailers who do business online are certainly no strangers to fighting fraud on a frequent basis, but as new trends emerge, strategies must shift to stay ahead of the game. ThreatMetrix identifies five recent troubling trends in eCommerce fraud, and details how companies can mitigate the risks they pose to otherwise flourishing businesses. How ubiquitous has malware become, and can your "trust customers" really be trusted?
PYMNTS.com spoke to Shuman Ghosemajumder, vice president of strategy at Shape Security, and learned that Shape's crime-fighting strategy is simple: change the economics behind cyber attacks to make them less appealing.
Online fraud is growing in both frequency and sophistication. Dangerous forms of malware appear nearly every day, as organized fraudsters and hackers plot new schemes to defeat outdated defenses. How can you use changing trends in the threat landscape and available technologies to spot zero-day attacks and more?
Find Out Here
It doesn't matter how savvy you are with customers or money, fraudsters are always a step ahead. If you can't protect yourself or your customers from fraud advances, you're in trouble. Thankfully, this ThreatMetrix webinar will keep you up to date on the latest phishing and VPN masking techniques, and can help ensure you don't fall victim to fraud. Watch Here
Featured Reports - April
- Rakuten.com Shopping Partners ReD For Fraud Prevention 15 May 2013
- Caribbean, Latin American Banks See Cybercrime Boom 09 May 2013
- Nationwide Sees Second Online Outage Of Week 29 April 2013
- Judge Shuts Down FBI Request To Hack Info From Online Bank Thief 29 April 2013
- Report: Malaysian Online Scams Halves In Q1 2013 23 April 2013
- Tax Refund Fraud: A Growing Trend 12 April 2013
- South Korea Reveals Plan To Upgrade Security For Online Transactions 10 April 2013
- I Love Velvet Enters Asia Market to Offer Retailers Industry’s Most Secure MPOS Solution 22 May 2013
- Oaktree Capital Group, LLC Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Class A Units 22 May 2013
- Wells Fargo Advantage Closed-End Funds Declare Monthly and Quarterly Dividends 22 May 2013
- geo.to Announces New GeoSite Services to Mobilize Locations 22 May 2013
- ORBCOMM Wins 2013 CTIA E-Tech Award 22 May 2013
- NetSpend Holdings, Inc. Announces Order 22 May 2013
- Wells Fargo to Participate in the Deutsche Bank dbAccess Global Financial Services Investor Conference 22 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today's Top Stories