MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
If your company or enterprise faces PCI DSS compliance, Intel has a new solution: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker. Through reducing the many requirements and sub-requirements mandated by PCI, tokenization diminishes compliance costs, and can quickly reduce an enterprise's PCI scope. Learn how tokenization works from Qualified Security Assessor Walter Conway, and view a video explanation about three simple tokenization models.
Thought the PCI Council's guidelines lacked, well, guidance? Prime Factors released an actual roadmap providing PCI supplement highlights, merchant guidance, audit advice, and a tokenization audit checklist. Read more.
Featured Reports - April
- MokiMobility Takes Holistic Approach To mPOS Security 26 March 2013
- PCI And MPOS: Protecting Cardholder Data 12 March 2013
- PCI SSC Releases mPOS Guidelines 19 February 2013
- Tokenization Simplified: Easing The PCI Compliance Burden 16 October 2012
- Global Payments Removed from "Some" PCI Lists 03 May 2012
- Trustwave On How to Halt Hackers at the POS 16 April 2012
- Visa, MasterCard at Center of Lawsuit over PCI Security Standards 12 January 2012
- Dillard’s, Inc. Holds Annual Meeting of Shareholders 18 May 2013
- Actis Wunderman’s Anya Sverdlov to Head Internet Jury at IDEA! Festival in Russia 17 May 2013
- US Foods Announces Plans to Seek to Refinance Existing Term Loans 17 May 2013
- Fifth Third Bancorp to Present at the 2013 Barclays Capital Americas Select Franchise Conference 17 May 2013
- Ernst & Young Names Borderfree CEO and President Michael Desimone as Finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year® 2013 in New York 17 May 2013
- VendScreen Adds Industry Innovator Jim Brinton to Board of Directors 17 May 2013
- Accenture to Strengthen Digital Marketing and eCommerce Capabilities with Acquisition of Acquity Group 17 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Friday, May 17, 2013
Today's Top Stories