MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
If your company or enterprise faces PCI DSS compliance, Intel has a new solution: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker. Through reducing the many requirements and sub-requirements mandated by PCI, tokenization diminishes compliance costs, and can quickly reduce an enterprise's PCI scope. Learn how tokenization works from Qualified Security Assessor Walter Conway, and view a video explanation about three simple tokenization models.
Thought the PCI Council's guidelines lacked, well, guidance? Prime Factors released an actual roadmap providing PCI supplement highlights, merchant guidance, audit advice, and a tokenization audit checklist. Read more.
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- The Logic Group Now Boasts World's First PCI P2PE Accreditation 27 May 2013
- MokiMobility Takes Holistic Approach To mPOS Security 26 March 2013
- PCI And MPOS: Protecting Cardholder Data 12 March 2013
- PCI SSC Releases mPOS Guidelines 19 February 2013
- Tokenization Simplified: Easing The PCI Compliance Burden 16 October 2012
- Global Payments Removed from "Some" PCI Lists 03 May 2012
- Trustwave On How to Halt Hackers at the POS 16 April 2012
- Pharmacy Times Launches Fall Pharmacy Careers Issue 12 December 2013
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Affirms FREMF Multifamily Mortgage Pass Through Certificates, Series 2012-K23 Ratings 12 December 2013
- Central Payment/SpotOn to Sponsor GLIDE Holiday Program with $60,000 Donation 12 December 2013
- Rising Realty Partners & David Sacks Acquire Historic Office/Retail Site in Old Town Pasadena 12 December 2013
- Independent Bank Corp. Announces Quarterly Dividend 12 December 2013
- Wells Fargo Launches Agreement With Isis 12 December 2013
- Franklin E. Haggas Joins California Bank of Commerce 12 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Today's Top Stories