MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
If your company or enterprise faces PCI DSS compliance, Intel has a new solution: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker. Through reducing the many requirements and sub-requirements mandated by PCI, tokenization diminishes compliance costs, and can quickly reduce an enterprise's PCI scope. Learn how tokenization works from Qualified Security Assessor Walter Conway, and view a video explanation about three simple tokenization models.
Thought the PCI Council's guidelines lacked, well, guidance? Prime Factors released an actual roadmap providing PCI supplement highlights, merchant guidance, audit advice, and a tokenization audit checklist. Read more.
Featured Reports - April
- The Logic Group Now Boasts World's First PCI P2PE Accreditation 27 May 2013
- MokiMobility Takes Holistic Approach To mPOS Security 26 March 2013
- PCI And MPOS: Protecting Cardholder Data 12 March 2013
- PCI SSC Releases mPOS Guidelines 19 February 2013
- Tokenization Simplified: Easing The PCI Compliance Burden 16 October 2012
- Global Payments Removed from "Some" PCI Lists 03 May 2012
- Trustwave On How to Halt Hackers at the POS 16 April 2012
- POSSIBLE Joins Wildfire to Help Global Clients Achieve Measurable Social Success 19 June 2013
- ReachLocal Announces Dedicated Marketing Practice for Healthcare and Wellness Providers 18 June 2013
- A.M. Best Upgrades Ratings of Pacific Compensation Insurance Company 18 June 2013
- MasterCard Announces Annual Meeting Results; Stockholders Re-elect 12 Members to Board of Directors 18 June 2013
- Citi Second Quarter 2013 Fixed Income Investor Review 18 June 2013
- Net Element Announces the Immediate Access of Music1’s Video and Music Library via Leading Song Download Services Including Spotify and Google Music 18 June 2013
- Office Depot to Help Entrepreneurs Boost Their Business as Official Sponsor of National Small Business Week 18 June 2013
- View More Headlines >
Monday, June 18, 2013
Today's Top Stories