MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
If your company or enterprise faces PCI DSS compliance, Intel has a new solution: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker. Through reducing the many requirements and sub-requirements mandated by PCI, tokenization diminishes compliance costs, and can quickly reduce an enterprise's PCI scope. Learn how tokenization works from Qualified Security Assessor Walter Conway, and view a video explanation about three simple tokenization models.
Thought the PCI Council's guidelines lacked, well, guidance? Prime Factors released an actual roadmap providing PCI supplement highlights, merchant guidance, audit advice, and a tokenization audit checklist. Read more.
- PCI Council Adding eLearning Courses 05 March 2014
- The Logic Group Now Boasts World's First PCI P2PE Accreditation 27 May 2013
- MokiMobility Takes Holistic Approach To mPOS Security 26 March 2013
- PCI And MPOS: Protecting Cardholder Data 12 March 2013
- PCI SSC Releases mPOS Guidelines 19 February 2013
- Tokenization Simplified: Easing The PCI Compliance Burden 16 October 2012
- Global Payments Removed from "Some" PCI Lists 03 May 2012
- NPC International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Results 07 March 2014
- Fitch: Safeway Downgrade to 'B' Category Likely Upon Acquisition by Cerberus 07 March 2014
- DWS Municipal Income Trust and DWS Strategic Municipal Income Trust Announce Additional Ratings and Rating Agency Changes for Preferred Shares 07 March 2014
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces New Carson’s Clearance Center Opening 07 March 2014
- Switch Commerce Announces New Offices in Irving, TX 07 March 2014
- Stearns Lending, Inc. is America’s #1 Wholesale Lender in 2013 07 March 2014
- Citi Announces Increased Support for Vital Voices Global Partnership, Celebrates International Women’s Day Across the Globe 07 March 2014
- View More Headlines >
Friday, March 7, 2014
Today's Top Stories