MokiMobility has come to a simple conclusion when it comes to PCI-SSC compliance for mPOS devices: a holistic approach is key. PYMNTS.com spoke with Tom Karren, CEO of MokiMobility, to learn how MokiMobility manages the entire "device environment," why app developers aren't always the answers and why securing the device itself is not enough to ensure safety and compliance.
Did you know that cardholder data represented 96 percent of all data targeted by cyber attacks in 2012? That's just one reason why the PCI SSC recently issued new mPOS guidelines, as mobile becomes an industry subjected to fraud and hacking attempts. A new infographic by MokiMobility demonstrates which industries are most at risk, and outlines what type of mPOS system is needed to help fight cybercrime.
If your company or enterprise faces PCI DSS compliance, Intel has a new solution: Intel Expressway Tokenization Broker. Through reducing the many requirements and sub-requirements mandated by PCI, tokenization diminishes compliance costs, and can quickly reduce an enterprise's PCI scope. Learn how tokenization works from Qualified Security Assessor Walter Conway, and view a video explanation about three simple tokenization models.
Thought the PCI Council's guidelines lacked, well, guidance? Prime Factors released an actual roadmap providing PCI supplement highlights, merchant guidance, audit advice, and a tokenization audit checklist. Read more.
Featured Reports - April
- MokiMobility Takes Holistic Approach To mPOS Security 26 March 2013
- PCI And MPOS: Protecting Cardholder Data 12 March 2013
- PCI SSC Releases mPOS Guidelines 19 February 2013
- Tokenization Simplified: Easing The PCI Compliance Burden 16 October 2012
- Global Payments Removed from "Some" PCI Lists 03 May 2012
- Trustwave On How to Halt Hackers at the POS 16 April 2012
- Visa, MasterCard at Center of Lawsuit over PCI Security Standards 12 January 2012
- Reputation Impression Announces Sponsorship for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, San Diego 24 May 2013
- Infonetics: Optical WDM Hardware Market Up 10% from Year-Ago 1st Quarter; 100G Rollouts Picking Up 24 May 2013
- Strong Fundamentals Buoy the Prospects of Emerging Market Sovereign Debt Issuers, Says Market Vectors’ Fran Rodilosso 23 May 2013
- Heartbeat Ideas’ Bill Drummy Appointed to Google Healthcare Advisory Board 23 May 2013
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC and Nationstar Capital Corporation Commence Registered Exchange Offers for 9.625% Senior Notes Due 2019, 7.875% Senior Notes Due 2020 and 6.500% Senior Notes Due 2021 23 May 2013
- Demandbase Named to JMP Securities Hot 100 List of Best Privately Held Software Companies 23 May 2013
- Demand Media Promotes Jeff Dossett to Chief Revenue Officer 23 May 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Today's Top Stories