Commentary by David S. Evans
05 August 2013
|David S. Evans, is an economist, business advisor and Founder of Market Platform Dynamics. He is a recognized global authority on the design and implementation of platform business strategies, a body of work that he pioneered and that was captured in Invisible Engines: How Software Platforms Drive Innovation and Transform Industries, a 2006 American Publishers Association best business book award winner. David has consulted with many of the leading companies in the world and has served as an advisor to their CEOs and Boards of Directors.
• How Card Regulation is Killing Competition
• You’ve Been Durbined!
• Regulatory Interventions Involving Depository Accounts: Pressing on the Balloon
• System Down: Dealing With Catastrophic Risks In Payments
• Durbin And Consumer Fees: A Predictable Outcome
• Catalyst Course: How Facebook Can Avoid Becoming The Next MySpace
• Catalyst Course: Blast Off or Bust!
• Catalyst Course: The Secret to a Profitable Platform: Figuring Out Who Pays and Who Doesn't
• Catalyst Course: Platform Businesses Can Turn Junk — Like Pez Dispensers — Into Massive Profits
• Catalyst Course: Ready! Aim! Ignite!
• Leave Us Alone, We're Innovating!
• Is 2012 the Inflection Point for Mobile Payments?
• Facebook Credits: Do Payments Firms Need to Worry?
• What Facebook's IPO Filing Reveals About its Payments Business
• Platform Carcasses--How to Keep Yours Out of the Pile
• Why Steve Jobs Will Go Down as "The Man"
• Oh, Duh! Payments' Most Obvious (Yet Overlooked) Best Practice
• I Am Curious...Stock Market Impact on Payments Company Performance (with Scott Walster)
• Party Like It's 2008: What the U.S. Debt Crisis Means for Payments
• ISIS: Dialed Back or No Dial Tone?
• Loves Me, Loves Me Not: Open Platforms
• Educating, Learning and Innovating: A New Year, A New Start
• Santa Fed Puts a Smile on the Faces of Merchants
• Small (Biz) is Beautiful and Plentiful (for Paying and Borrowing)
• The Consumer, Once King, Is Missing in the EU Interchange Fee Debate