In anticipation of their live digital discussion on Tuesday, April 5, at 1:00 p.m. EST, MPD CEO Karen Webster and Peter Read, president of Peoples Card Services, connected for a brief chat in which Read shared key points that will be explored at length during the event.
Canada is one of the fastest growing global prepaid markets in the world, with an estimated $4.9 billion in open-loop transactions that occurred in 2015 alone. Current open-loop prepaid market projections show an anticipated growth rate of 18 percent from 2015 to 2020, or an additional $9.4 billion.
“Canada is one of the top eight global prepaid markets driving growth right now, and the proximity and familiarity with the U.S. makes it very easy for U.S. programs to expand,” Read said. “U.S. program managers looking to expand into Canada will gain a clear understanding of the Canadian prepaid market characteristics and growth potential, along with the key differences between the two countries’ regulatory landscapes.”
When asked what’s driving growth in Canada’s prepaid market, Read said, “Simply put, the increased awareness of prepaid, which has picked up tremendously over the past few years.”
Join Webster and Read for an in-depth look into what U.S. companies must know before expanding prepaid programs into Canada, including:
- The big numbers behind Canada’s growing prepaid market, despite a high percentage of “banked” consumers
- Why Canada’s prepaid market is ripe for expansion and the emerging use cases on the horizon
- Trends that are driving growth by demographic segment and payment application
- 3 things U.S. companies must know before expanding prepaid programs into Canada
- Key differences between the Canadian and U.S. regulatory landscapes
To attend the live digital discussion on Tuesday, April 5, at 1:00 p.m. EST, please complete the registration form shown below.