Research and Markets: Premium Cards: Targeting Affluent Consumers – 2012 – Demand for Premium Cards Is Expected To Be Strong in the Next 12 Months
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84e24e/premium_cards_tar) has announced the addition of the “Premium Cards: Targeting Affluent Consumers” report to their offering.
The affluent consumer segment has always been an attractive target market for the financial services industry. This report looks at the current state of the premium card market, what affluent consumers expect from their payment cards, and the opportunities that exist for card issuers to tap into in the years to come.
- Use these insights into the behaviour of affluent credit card customers across 20 countries to shape your acquisition strategy.
- Successfully target affluent credit card customers by understanding what they want and how they use payment cards
- Better target the niche affluent consumer segment by understanding successful strategies to approach new premium card customers
- See the size of the prize from winning new affluent customers, in 20 countries
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, affluent credit card customers generate higher average revenue per customer than mass market customers. From a revenue pool perspective, affluent customers generate 37% of total global credit card issuer revenue, despite only accounting for 30% of credit card customers.
- Demand for premium cards is expected to be strong in the next 12 months, as indicated by The Premium Cards Opportunity Model. Overall, 11 million affluent customers are expected to become premium card customers in the next 12 months, equivalent to an 8.5% increase above the current premium card penetration level.
- Traditional premium cards, which include gold and platinum cards, are slowly changing, and there have been many developments to leverage the high demand for premium cards among mass market customers. Some card issuers have moved to a new territory of premium cards, providing an extra level of benefits and exclusivity to affluent customers.
- CMS Energy Corporation
- General Mills, Inc.
- Hutchison 3G UK Limited
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC
- Shanks Group plc
- Sudzucker AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84e24e/premium_cards_tar