The New Regulatory Era: Protection for Cardholders or Opportunities for Thieves?
Today’s changing regulatory environment is a complicated alphabet soup that poses a global challenge. Long term it aims to provide stronger security and privacy protection for cardholders. But, in the short term will it do more harm than good by creating new opportunities for thieves to game the system?
Sign Up For The Discussion
Date & Time: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 1:00 PM (EST)
Host: Karen Webster, CEO, PYMNTS
Guest: Julie Fergerson, SVP at Ethoca & Keith Briscoe, Chief Strategy Officer at Ethoca
Regardless of where regulations originate, there are cross-border impacts that fly under the radar. For any business that touches a payment, there can be serious penalties and lost revenue. Implementing these changes while simultaneously defending against criminals can be a seemingly impossible task for any organization.
Significant changes are underway or on the very near-term horizon – you can’t afford to ‘wait and see’ what happens. Whether it’s PSD2 and Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), GDPR and data privacy, or new chargeback rules, you need to know how global and regional regulations and mandates affect your business and the action you need to take TODAY.
In this webinar, Ethoca and PYMNTS will answer questions that merchants need to know to protect their business:
- At a time when GDPR could give criminals the ability to erase their digital footprint, how can you still track fraudulent activity?
- What does GDPR mean for data you collect today and how it’s used in the representment process?
- How will PSD2 affect your business on transactions performed by EU residents? Will 3D Secure be the answer or are there other alternatives for strong authentication that might be adopted?
- What do you need to do differently as new chargeback rules take hold to maximize revenue and protect yourself against the sophisticated criminals?
- What impact will upcoming regulatory changes have on acceptance, and what are the penalties for non-compliance?