OPTIMIZATION AND EPAYABLES
The Optimization and ePayables Playbook, a PYMNTS and Mastercard collaboration, explores how financial decision-makers are leveraging ePayables technology to optimize their companies’ B2B operations. To this end, we surveyed executives in leadership roles in accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), payroll and treasury to get the inside scoop on how they believe ePayables can benefit their businesses, and how they plan to increase their usage going forward.
INSIDE THE DECEMBER PLAYBOOK
- 43 percent: share of businesses that see improved data security as a key benefit of ePayables
- 35 percent: portion of businesses earning more than $1 billion per year that are highly optimized
- 21 percent: share of businesses planning to adopt ePayables in the next three years
B2B PAYMENTS AUTOMATION INNOVATION PLAYBOOK Study
- 59 percent: Portion of businesses that have yet to implement payments automation of any kind
- 46 percent: Share of companies that plan to implement automation within the next 12 months
- 88 percent: Portion of technology firms that have already implemented payments automation
B2B REAL-TIME PAYMENTS INNOVATION PLAYBOOK Study
- 59 percent of businesses say real-time payments would improve their cash flow and certainty
- 70 percent of businesses say they would benefit from real-time payments’ instant funds availability
- 60 percent of companies that are interested in real-time payments are also pursuing B2B innovation
B2B PAYMENTS TIPPING POINT PLAYBOOK Study
- 34 percent of companies say their use of ePayables will increase in the next three years.
- More than 35 percent of companies earning more than $1 billion per year have already adopted accounts payable automation.
- 61 percent of businesses say that Real-Time Payments would improve their payroll operations.