The small screens on smartphones make simple browsing relatively easy, but keying in data on mobile sites with the devices can be problematic. Instead, many consumers prefer to handle that task using the larger screens on tablets, and this illustrates the need to focus product marketing on more than one mobile channel. Merchants also should play particularly close attention to Apple mobile users than to those using Google Android devices, as Apple users tend to spend more.
Tired of waiting to pay your tab at your favorite bar or restaurant? Mobile payments app provider Dash is seeking to make this problem a thing of the past. As Dash co-founder Jeff McGregor explains in an interview, mobile payments in this environment makes sense for both consumers and merchants.
The rapidly expanding mPOS ecosystem is set to offer up more curveballs in 2014, according to ROAM CEO Ken Paull. Ken visited with MPD CEO Karen Webster to discuss the challenges ahead and identify those most at risk in the coming year. Get the whole scoop and nothing but the scoop here.
Toot Your Own Horn, And Submit YOUR Nomination Today For The 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Awards! Response Has Been Overwhelming…
Less than a week ago, we opened up our 2014 PYMNTS Innovator Award nominations, and so far we've been impressed with your submissions. But, that doesn't mean you can't impress us more! Join the club of past winners by throwing your name in the hat today - you could be our next big winner!
Unlike other tech sectors, where startups fall victim to a cycle of early-stage excitement and late-stage fatigue, mobile startups continue to entice VCs throughout their funding cycles. However, new reports reveal certain sub-industries are better able to capture investments long term. Which mobile startups do VCs believe are built to last?
A Cyber Monday Hangover Remedy for PYMNTS Readers - Free Access to Today’s Live Discussion for our PYMNTS Mobile Commerce Insider Series at Noon EST
The hyper-competitive nature of the holiday shopping season - enhanced by new technologies and innovations - has led retailers to reenvision, reimagine and redesign how they approach consumer outreach on Black Friday, Cyber Monday and beyond. How can retailers stay ahead of new players while still maintaining profitable? PYMNTS.com speaks with top thought leaders from PayPal and Hointer to reveal.
- For Mobile Spending, Size Matters 02 January 2014
- Dash: Changing Payments One Bar Tab At A Time 31 December 2013
- DoubleBeam Acquires GoPago’s Client Portfolio 24 December 2013
- Boku, Singtel Partner For Direct Carrier Billing 20 December 2013
- PayPal Buys Mobile App Developer StackMob 18 December 2013
- Report: Amazon Acquires Mobile Payments Startup Gopago 17 December 2013
- Pizza Hut's Mobile Ordering Zooms 16 December 2013
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend 06 March 2014
- China Sees More Currency Volatility as Central Bank Seeks to Discourage Idea That Yuan is a “One-Way Trade,” Says Market Vectors’ Rodilosso 06 March 2014
- Hope LoanPort® Collaborates with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law 06 March 2014
- Wunderman’s Chris McLaren Shares Social Media Expertise at Conference Board Event 06 March 2014
- Fitch: Possible Restaurant Bankruptcies Show Industry Challenges 06 March 2014
- NanoSizeMe! SXSW Interactive Panels Hosted by Hill+Knowlton Strategies 06 March 2014
- TransAct Technologies Reports 2013 Fourth Quarter Revenue of $12.5 Million and Diluted EPS of $0.13 06 March 2014
- View More Headlines >