Odds are you're familiar with Isis' value proposition by now, as the mobile wallet platform pushes loyalty and experience as two of NFC's biggest calling points. Does Isis' contactless vending machine partnership with Coca-Cola prove its point, and how consumers where Isis is live responding? How does Coke see mobile impacting its brand?
NFC technology is most commonly viewed as a vehicle for easier transactions within the payments space, but London-based Hoverkey is looking to create a whole new market for contactless technology: security. How does Hoverkey plan to use contactless cards to unlock sensitive apps, accounts and data, and why is their method more secure than password entry?
Disney made major headlines when its plans to institute the NFC-based MyMagic+ loyalty, payment and admission platform at its Florida theme park appeared in the New York Times earlier this month. They popped up in the news again when Rep. Ed Market (D-Mass.) sent a letter to Disney last week questioning privacy issues surrounding the platform, and citing possible "surreptitious use" of children's personal data. How did Disney CEO Bob Iger respond to the criticism?
Introducing PYMNTS Primer, a new series where we attempt to take the biggest topics in the industry and break them down for all to understand, or maybe just catch up on. First up in our series is NFC: a technology that some say is the future of payments and others say is merely a gimmick.
We've yet to see any groundbreaking payments news from CES 2013 yet, but one interesting revelation of note comes to us from Sony, which is launching full steam ahead with a new suite of NFC products. Will high-end NFC-equipped phones pose a viable threat to the iPhone?
A whole new world for NFC? That's what Disney is planning on, as they transition their Florida-based theme park into a contactless lover's delight. The MyMagic+ system will allow consumers to pay for food and goods, gain admittance and snag ride tickets through the tap of an NFC wristband, and should prove an interesting testing ground for the payments industry's most divisive technology. How much will Disney shell out to become NFC-friendly?
- Simplifying Online Checkout: Are Biometric-Enabled Smartphones The Answer?
- A Token for Your Account: Security Solutions for Digital Commerce
- ACH at the POS: Smartphones Helping Bring Real-Time Value to Merchants
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013 Essentials
- Consumer Payment Trends in China 2013Q1 Final
- MPOS Tracker April 2013
- Merchant Acquiring: North America
- MPOS Tracker: A Monthly Update on the State of the Mobile Point of Sale, March 2013
- The Polish Contactless Payments Market. Issuance - Transactions
- The Contactless Payments in Poland. Market development – NFC technology
- The Global Contactless Payment Cards Market. Development, Opportunities and Perspectives
- Study: Just 10% Of Global Consumers Have NFC-Enabled Phones 26 November 2013
- Study Ranks Countries’ Contactless Card Usage 20 November 2013
- Visa Goes Orange For NFC In France 08 November 2013
- Is HCE NFC’s Killer App? 04 November 2013
- NTT Docomo Announces Global NFC Launch 30 October 2013
- NFC To Boost In-Store mPayments In 2017 25 October 2013
- The Four Phases Of Successful NFC Implementation 15 August 2013
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of the Subsidiaries of CUNA Mutual Holding Company 12 December 2013
- Nintendo News: Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems 12 December 2013
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch Study Shows Employers Playing an Increased Role in Helping Americans Navigate to and Through Retirement 12 December 2013
- Give the Gift of Coins This Holiday Season – Amazon Coins Lets Customers Gift Apps, Games and In-App Items to Kids and App-Savvy Friends and Family 12 December 2013
- Pressed for Time and Haven’t Finished Your Holiday Shopping? Barnes & Noble Has You Covered: Free Shipping with Delivery in Time for Christmas and Instant Gifting 12 December 2013
- ResCap Plan Confirmed. Kramer Levin Represents Creditor’s Committee in $2.1. Billion ResCap Bankruptcy Deal 12 December 2013
- Former Salesforce Execs Launch GetFeedback.com, Ushering Online Survey Software into the Mobile Era 12 December 2013
- View More Headlines >
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Today's Top Stories