A PYMNTS Company

EU: Juicing giant finalizes merger nearly one decade in the works

 |  November 12, 2013

After eight or nine years of discussion, reports say the EU’s largest juicing company Gerber Emig has finalized its merger with soft drinks firm Refresco Gerber.

The merger entails a 27.5 percent share of the combined company under Gerber Emig hands, while Refresco will own the remaining 72.5 percent. While financial details of the deal were not reported, the new entity will have a predicted annual turnover of more than $3.6 billion.

Following a review of the deal by the European Commission, regulators had ruled last month that Gerber Emig had to divest a plant within Germany.

The new company will be headed by former Refresco CEO Hans Roelofs.

Full Content: The Grocer

Want more news? Subscribe to CPI’s free daily newsletter for more headlines and updates on antitrust developments around the world.