A PYMNTS Company

Mexico: Food co announces plan to buy frozen yogurt company

 |  January 17, 2013

Grupo Herdez, a Mexican processed food corporation, has announced plans to buy frozen yogurt and food supplement chain Nutrisa for nearly $240 million. According to reports, Grupo Herdez plans to acquire 67 percent of Nutrisa and offer up the rest of the 33 percent of the company. Mexico’s federal Competition Commission and Grupo Herdez shareholders will need to approve of the deal before it is complete, though the parties hope to finalize the deal in the first half of 2013.


Full Content: Reuters

Want more news? Subscribe to CPI’s free daily newsletter for more headlines and updates on antitrust developments around the world.