A PYMNTS Company

Brazil: Cargill gets approval for Cevasa acquisition

 |  October 26, 2017

Cargill Agrícola, a unit of Cargill Inc in Brazil, has received approval from competition watchdog Cade for its purchase of a stake in a privately-owned sugar and ethanol producer, according to the official Gazette’s October 26 edition.

Cargill, which owned 62.88% of Central Energética Vale do Sapucaí, known as Cevasa, was allowed to buy the remaining 37.12% of the company, Cade filings show. Cade unconditionally approved the acquisition on October 24.

Full Content: Ultimo Instante

Want more news? Subscribe to CPI’s free daily newsletter for more headlines and updates on antitrust developments around the world.