The AI Innovation Playbook, a PYMNTS and Brighterion collaboration, analyzes the survey response data of more than 200 financial executives from commercial banks, community banks and credit unions across the United States to provide a comprehensive overview of how financial institutions leverage AI and ML technology to optimize their businesses. To this end, we gathered more than 12,000 data points on financial institutions with assets ranging from $1 billion to more than $100 billion. This report details the results of our extensive research.
Inside the Playbook
- 63.6 percent: Share of FIs believe that believe AI is an effective tool for stopping fraud before it happens.
- 80 percent: Portion of AI-using fraud specialists that believe the technology could reduce payments fraud.
- 63.9 percent: Share of fraud specialists that believe smart agents could reduce payments fraud.
AI Gap Study - April 2019
- 81.8 percent: Share of FIs with assets exceeding $100 billion interested in smart agents to combat fraud
- 45.0 percent: Share of decision-makers working in fraud detection who are interested in smart agent
- 41.1 percent: Share of commercial banks that are very or extremely interested in adopting smart agents
AI GAP STUDY - November 2018
- 71 percent of FIs use data mining technology
- 81 percent of FIs say they measure ROI on learning systems by how it can improve their margins
AI GAP STUDY - February 2019
- 70.5% Share of FIs that used data mining to fight fraud
- 4.1 Average number of algorithmic tools used by banks with more than $100 billion in assets
- 2.5% Share of FIs that used AI systems to enhance payments services