HOW WE WILL PAY
The annual How We Will Pay Study, a PYMNTS and Visa collaboration, showcases extensive analysis of consumers’ ownership and usage of connected devices and their role in enabling everyday connected purchasing experiences. It examines survey response data collected from a national sample of more than 5,000 adult American consumers pertaining to the number of devices they own, where and when they use them to purchase retail goods and services and the types of connected experiences in which they would like to engage in the near future. The 2019 edition examines two of the most ardent connected device users — super-connected consumers and bridge millennials — and how their preference for digital-first commerce is shaping the eCommerce ecosystem as well as the impact of voice in driving new connected purchasing experiences.
These are the key findings from our latest research:
- Shopping is no longer something people “go do” – it is integrated into most consumer’s everyday activities.
- The home has become the consumer’s connected commerce command center.
- Voice is connected commerce’s killer app. Voice plus visual is a connected commerce game-changer.
HOW WE WILL PAY Study
- In collaboration with Visa, PYMNTS asked 2,800 U.S. consumers about the devices they own and how they use them to buy things. We also asked those consumers about the purchases they made in the past seven days, the devices they used to make those purchases and why they made a purchase with that device in that way.
- We studied the usage of connected devices such as smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, smart televisons, voice-activated assistants and cars with connected dashboards, among others.
- This is the second year of this study, so we were eager to observe how those consumer trends have evolved since last year’s study.