Why the Future of Merchant Payments Demands a Digital First Approach
Sign Up For The Discussion
Date: Monday, January 13, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM (EST)
Host: Karen Webster, CEO, PYMNTS
Guest: Amy Parsons, SVP of Global Acceptance, Discover Global Network
About: Consumers demand speed and convenience when interacting with merchants in the digital world. Those same demands, increasingly, are impacting payments. Individuals want some control over how they pay, digitally, and even when — and they want some control over the data that is shared, too.
In this webinar, Amy Parsons, SVP of Global Acceptance, Discover Financial Services, will delve into the ways merchants can meet consumer expectations with payments technology available today — and how they can prepare for the future, too.
- The impacts of convenience, control and personalization.
- Generational impact on existing and new form factors and creating a seamless experience for all generations.
- Why payments are no longer solely a utility and cost center for merchants — and what that means for merchants’ businesses.
- Payments are now part of the customer engagement strategy.
- Millennial and Gen Z research indicates these new generations do care about payments more than merchants might realize.
- The rise of data and how a data strategy can lead to stronger customer retention and potentially revenue growth.
- Future trends in merchant payments and how to prepare for them.
About Discover® Global Network
Discover® Global Network, the global payments brand of Discover Financial Services, processes millions of cardholder transactions each day. With industry expertise, innovative technology and a closed-loop infrastructure, Discover Global Network provides effective, customized solutions that evolve as needs change. Discover Global Network has alliances with more than 15 payment networks around the world, and is led by three Discover businesses: Discover Network, with millions of retail and cash access locations; PULSE®, one of the leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International®, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 190 countries and territories. For more information visit DiscoverGlobalNetwork.com.