Mobile and EMV? Mobile or EMV? Those are the questions. As merchants race for ways to restore consumer confidence, there is still a lot of confusion in the market concerning what EMV can and cannot do. EMV cuts card present –fraud, but a sharp jump in card-not-present fraud could make up for the security gains.
On Thursday, October 23rd at 11:00 AM EST, MPD CEO Karen Webster will host a live digital discussion with Dave Ewald, Global EMV Consultant and Manager at DataCard, Philippe Benitez, VP of Business Development at Gemalto, and Jeremy Gumbley, CTO/CSO at Creditcall as part of Retail Reinvention Week, Day 4.
In this digital discussion, you will also learn:
- Is EMV only a short term fix in a world where fraud is moving online?
- What problem does EMV solve and how has it evolved over the last 30 years?
- What is the role of EMV in supporting digital payments innovations?
- What is the biggest threat to EMV and why?
- What advantages does EMV provide to tokens and tokenization?
- Is the U.S. prepared for the October 15th liability shift? What are the repercussions for those not prepared?
- Are mobile payments cheaper and more feasible than EMV for SMBs?
To register for this live digital discussion, click on the register button below.