Want a “window” into what’s next for Microsoft in payments and retail? PYMNTS.com got an exclusive look at the powerhouse’s point-of-sale innovations at the National Retail Federation’s 100th “Big Show” earlier this month in New York.
Vic Miles, Industry Technology Strategist for Microsoft, explores why adding payment functionality to tablet computing can provide a huge boost for retailers. He also reveals how Microsoft’s retail products are helping customers bring together all the plastic they have in their wallets.
Click here to read PYMNTS’ live blog from this year’s NRF conference.
Sunday, Jan. 9
1) Using Mobile Payments to Increase the Base of Contactable Customers (9 a.m.)
4) IBM on How to Capitalize on the Smarter Consumer (1:45 p.m.)
Monday, Jan. 10
3) Why Bankers Might Not Be Fond of the Tesco Credit Card (12:15 p.m.)
4) Greetings from the Floor at NRF! (1:45 p.m.)
5) Social Commerce: Is It Worth the Effort? (2:45 p.m.)
6) iPad Retail Apps: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down (3:15 p.m.)
8) Merchants’ Perspective on Formulating an mCommerce Strategy (4:45 p.m.)
9) Introducing the 3D Fitting Room (5 p.m.)
10) Google ‘Locates’ New Multichannel Shopping Feature (5:30 p.m.)