Jul 12, 2011
Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) is making it easy for parents and students to save big this back-to-school season. The company today kicks off the official start to the 2011 back-to-school shopping season by opening the NASDAQ market and sounding the “First Bell” to remind customers that Staples is the premier destination to find everything students need to stock up for school and college. This year, Staples offers an incredible variety of products from pencils to PC’s combined with student savings not found anywhere else.
Brigitte Timmins, a student at Northeastern University in Boston, learns more about student laptop deals from Staples EasyTech associate Derek Binns at a Staples store in Natick, MA (Photo: Business Wire)
“When people think of back-to-school shopping, they think of Staples because we are the top destination for selection and savings,” said Demos Parneros, president of U.S. Retail for Staples, Inc. “This year, we’re excited to offer our customers even more amazing deals on technology and core essentials. No matter when customers shop this season, they’ll find countless ways to save at Staples.”
Special Savings All Season Long
Each Week- New Ways to Save
– Customers can also take advantage of amazing weekly deals through the circular at www.staples.com/weeklyad.
– For example, this week shoppers will find incredible savings such as a an eight-pack of BIC pens or Staples® Brand Glue for a penny, assorted Staples® Slider Pencil Cases for a quarter or a five-pack of Sharpies for $1 (limits apply).
– 25-50% off backpacks all season long.
– Shoppers can also visit Staples’ new interactive Back to School Center to learn more about weekly savings, product selection and to get expert shopping tips.
Stock up with the Savings Pass
– New this year, customers can save 15% on supplies all season long with a savings pass, which is available for purchase from now until August 13 for $10 and can be used through September 17. The savings pass is valid on supplies such as pens, pencils, paper, notebooks, calculators and backpacks and can be used once per day. For more information, visit www.staples.com/savingspass.
Tech Deals for Students
– Laptop Deals When students purchase select laptops and show their student ID or college acceptance letter, they will receive a $100 Visa prepaid card via EasyRebate. Laptops include the Dell® Inspiron 15R-15.6”, HP Pavillion dm4-2070 14”, Samsung Princeton 11.6”, and Toshiba R845 14”. The Samsung and Toshiba models include Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 full version pre-installed (a $119 value).
– PC Peace of Mind- For students who want to make sure their laptop is in top condition throughout the year, Staples EasyTech services offer a new, one-year Peace of Mind Package for all the PC tech support a student will need starting at $99.99 for any new PC.
Staples for Students
Staples is also making it easy for its customers to give back this season. Now through September 17, Staples and DoSomething.org, along with the stars from ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, are encouraging teens to collect school supplies to help local students in need. For more details, visit www.StaplesforStudents.org.
EDITORIAL NOTE: For HD video footage of Staples Back to School, please download from the following link: http://db.tt/7rb2xnR.
Staples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6789711&lang=en