Coupa Software, a provider of cloud spend management solutions for the B2B industry, has announced the rollout of a software upgrade, Coupa Release 13, to enhance its business capabilities.
The enhancement is said to extend enterprise mobility, simplify expense management, enhance touchless processing of e-invoices and add new features across the Coupa application suite and Coupa Open Business Network, according to the company. It also allows for more responsive Web design features and provides its users with "mobile apps and actionable email notifications to give customers and their suppliers the mobility tools needed to fully streamline processes and reduce costs."
"Businesses looking to gain a competitive advantage must enable their employees and suppliers with the mobility tools needed to drive cost out of the supply chain," said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. "Our latest release brings cloud spend management to wearables and innovates expense management, all while executing on our commitment to an open business network where all the world's businesses can connect and collaborate without hurdles like supplier fees."
Among the mobility capabilities added in the software release include:
- Wearables support to approve or reject expense reports, invoices and requisitions using the Apple Watch.
- SmarterTrip for Coupa expense management to provide a virtual personal assistant for business travelers.
- Enhanced enterprise security to enable network admins to set device auto-lock parameters and integrate Apple's TouchID technology for Coupa app access.
- Expense Report app updates to allow for the itemizing of expenses, splitting of expenses across multiple days and ability to automatically classify expenses through the Coupa iOS and Android apps.
"With Release 13, Coupa expands its vision of consolidating upstream and downstream spend management activities into one single stream. From its inception, the Coupa platform was designed to create this one stream using a single organic technology platform, where innovations benefit all customers. The Release 13 platform update continues to break down artificial barriers, one of the hallmarks of legacy solutions that slow business processes," the company said in a news release.
Other enhancements across the Coupa platform include:
- Search optimization upgrades that allow for real-time search visibility to gain insight into unsourced categories and catalog content improvements.
- The ability to add additional approvers to expense reports, enable approval rights based on user spend authority and additional delegation settings to give businesses more configuration control.
- Localized homepage content setting, configurable field name localization and VAT reclaim for global expense management.
- Updates increase Web usability so all of the world's businesses, regardless of size, can connect to one another efficiently, all with no transaction fees or friction.
- Touchless non-PO invoice processing; improved supplier collaboration of disputed invoices; invoice discounting metadata reporting; recent/favorite billing strings for easier invoice updates and split billing templates.