Essential Legal and Practical Strategies for Structuring Products, Mitigating Risk, and Ensuring Compliance
Thursday, June 23 to Friday, June 24, 2011
Mandarin Oriental, Washington, DC, United States
The prepaid card industry is facing unprecedented legal and regulatory challenges at both the state and federal levels. In response to the CARD Act, the Fed has issued sweeping new rules that impact gift cards. Meanwhile, FinCEN has released new regulations addressing Money Services Businesses and the prepaid industry. And the CFPB as well as other emerging regulatory initiatives are likely to have major consequences for the prepaid card market for years to come. At the state level, the continued evolution of money transmitter statutes requires that market participants keep pace or risk non-compliance. Add to these concerns the uncertain status of federal preemption, the continuing difficulties associated with AML compliance, and the increasing challenges of fraud deterrence and it becomes clear that it is more important than ever to ensure that you are in compliance with the myriad state and federal regulations and emerging legislation that impact the prepaid industry.
Now in its fourth year, American Conference Institute's Annual Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance is the premier legal and compliance event for the prepaid card industry. Our 2011 event will bring together an unparalleled faculty of regulatory and enforcement officials, compliance experts from industry leaders, and outside counsel specializing in prepaid card regulatory compliance who will provide you with best practices and targeted guidance for:
- Assessing the Fed's new gift card rules and their impact on compliance initiatives
- Responding to the new FinCEN regulations on prepaid and stored value cards
- Implementing proven AML compliance and fraud deterrence initiatives
- Evaluating the changing dynamics and scope of federal preemption in the prepaid context
- Ensuring compliance with evolving state money transmitter statutes
- Preparing for the impact of the CFPB and other emerging regulatory initiatives on prepaid cards
- Ensuring compliance with expiration date restrictions and disclosure requirements
You do not want to miss this opportunity to find out how others are approaching the challenges of prepaid card compliance while networking with industry leaders. Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online.