HOW WE WILL PAY
The annual How We Will Pay Study, a PYMNTS and Visa collaboration, showcases extensive analysis of consumers’ ownership and usage of connected devices and their role in enabling everyday connected purchasing experiences. It examines survey response data collected from a national sample of more than 5,000 adult American consumers pertaining to the number of devices they own, where and when they use them to purchase retail goods and services and the types of connected experiences in which they would like to engage in the near future. The 2019 edition examines two of the most ardent connected device users — super-connected consumers and bridge millennials — and how their preference for digital-first commerce is shaping the eCommerce ecosystem as well as the impact of voice in driving new connected purchasing experiences.
These are the key findings from our latest research:
- Shopping is no longer something people “go do” – it is integrated into most consumer’s everyday activities.
- The home has become the consumer’s connected commerce command center.
- Consumers are on a device and app purge — buying and using those that save them time, money and friction.
- Voice is connected commerce’s killer app. Voice plus visual is a connected commerce game-changer.
- The 30-40 year old Bridge millennials have integrated connected purchasing experiences into their everyday lives more than any other consumer group.